• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you write a H?

• Method 1

Votes: 304 43.4%
  • Method 2

Votes: 389 55.5%
  • Method 3

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 5 0.7%

• Total voters

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MH1zIvt.png

Just curious

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I always dot and cross letters last when writing whole words and I seem to be the same way internally. Anything with a cross or a line (A, H, Q) gets the lateral line last.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Two down and then drag across, the hand keeps moving into a neutral position for the next letter. Stroke might tilt a little depending on the world and where the hand goes, my writing is messy.

I think I was taught 1 for cursive.
Sv-cursive-capital-letter-H.jpg

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Method 1, without leaving the paper, so I can do it in a single motion. It does make the horizontal bar a bit askew most of the time.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
How many of you had to write the H before you recognized how you do it?

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have literally never seen Methods 1 & 3 in my life, and I struggle to see how it makes sense to anyone.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Method 1 seem the more logical to me, but i've probably used another method from time to time. It's not like i care that much about how i write stuff, i'm content as long as it's legible.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Mostly 1 but ive caught myself doing it both ways 1 and 2.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
I'd probably call for an exorcist if I saw someone doing method 3.

Macheezmo

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm trying to print neatly, 2. Otherwise 1 without the pen leaving the page. My last name starts with H, so I don't have time to be neat most of the time. Usually the H in my signature ends up looking more like a weird U or backwards N.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I guess closest to two, but I don't lift up my pen to make the horizontal line. Like this I guess:

MoYYMjN.png

Lol I am bad at writing on a computer but you get the idea.

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
1 because we were taught to write with all joined up letters and that's the only way you can do it in one move (well, the only way that wouldn't make a complete mess)