• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
When you decide to replay a game having not played it in awhile, do you actively try to remember how it was the first time around, or do your best to not avoid thinking too hard to try and be surprised again?

Do you try to save time, or do you take as much time as you like to get through certain parts of the game?

Do you actually start from the beginning, or do you try and find a save file that starts you off further along in the game, and skip certain parts just to finish the rest of the game?

Do you go for 100% completion again, or just go through the game? Or vice versa?

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
i just play it. No new saves, very rarely NG+, and usually long after an original completion. I very rarely replay games, though.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It just depends on the game.

Generally speaking though, I'll go through a game more quickly on subsequent playthroughs than I did in my original playthrough. I remember the 6th time (I think) I played Mass Effect, just before Mass Effect 2 came out, so I could make sure all my decisions were the ones I wanted to carry over, I ended up completing the game in just under 4 hours, whereas the first time I played it, I think I spent closer to 50 hours. Needless to say though, that runthrough, I skipped every cutscene that didn't involve a decision on my end, and completely mainlined the story.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I never go for 100% completion. I always play the main story and any side content I enjoy

I normally only replay a game if it's been 5 years or more since I last played it, so I don't tend to remember tons of it by that point

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I don't replay games really, except remasters sometimes. Jump right in. No method to it. Start fresh.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
Story heavy? Watch the part I played again on YouTube.

Otherwise I'll just pick it back up where I left it off or start again.

I'm trying to build a habit of writing a few sentences on where I leave a game on Evernote, before actually dropping it, so it's easier to remember.

EDIT: I took it as "games you dropped".

For replays, it depends. For RPGs I'll try to do either everything or at least a path I haven't done. For other games I'll just "rush it" instead I'm aiming for the platinum trophy (which is rare).