• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Steak options

• Rare

Votes: 112 12.3%
  • Medium rare

Votes: 528 57.9%
  • Medium

Votes: 249 27.3%
  • Medium well

Votes: 95 10.4%
  • Well

Votes: 66 7.2%
  • With steak sauce

Votes: 53 5.8%
  • With ketchup

Votes: 30 3.3%

• Total voters

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Medium rare. For no other reason than Gordon Ramsay always asks for his steak medium rare on his cooking shows and I assumed he knows what the fuck he's doing.

you can ignore the title of the video. It's actually someone trying to pull a "gotcha!" moment on Ramsay only for it to fail lol

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
Medium well with steak sauce. Medium/well done are tolerable, but medium rare/rare are inedible to me. I don't use any other seasonings other than steak sauce (it's plenty of salt/seasoning as is). I use steak sauce because... I actually like the taste of it (as long as it isn't too much - just the right amount for flavor, but not completely masking the steak).

I guess I would use ketchup instead of steak sauce if Philly Cheesesteaks count as steak.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Very well done and the name of the place I get it at is called Rare funny enough. They do it perfect! It is still actually edible whereas when I used to cook mine on the grill, it was a hockey puck.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Each to their own but I go for a medium rare.

My uncle will, in a restaurant, not say blue. Instead he'll say "Wipe its nose, wipe its arse and bring it out to me." He is Irish so the accent lets him get away with a lot!

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Medium rare sous vide (54 celsius), salt, pepper, (sometimes) garlic powder, iron skillet, butter basted with garlic, rosemary and thyme (if available).

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
If Im cooking it my self I cook to Med Well erring towards medium.

At the restaurant I order Med, because otherwise they burn the shit.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Medium Rare. I never go above that or below that really as most of the time, medium rare is perfect.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Medium with SPG seasoning (salt-pepper-garlic)

It doesn't need any sauce if it's good, but I can appreciate a sauce as long as it's not some sweet BBQ sauce. I've had some at a place that's basically a tangy peppercorn sauce and it's amazing.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Full heat to melt a knob of garlic butter, then steak in and down to Medium heat, 3mins each side with occasionally scooping the butter over the top = perfection

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
vpxvctcpbhd21.jpg

Wow my mouth is instantly watering after seeing this beauty of a pic.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Medium rare at home or at a semi decent restaurant. Well done if I'm somewhere rural and not trying to ruin the next 24 hours of my life

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Solid medium. Safe choice without losing too much juice or flavor.

I maybe have steak like twice a year. This year maybe zero times because I'm not going to visit parents as often as most years.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I've settled on medium well would prefer well but too many places just end up burning it.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
At home I try to reach medium rare, sometimes it goes to medium but it is fine. At restaurants I just ask for medium and hope they bring it medium rare instead, because if you tell them medium rare they might bring you a completely undercooked raw piece of meat and it pisses me of if I have to ask them to go and bring it back to the kitchen and make it medium rare because I want to eat while everyone else is eating.