• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How do you pronounce CCleaner?

• "C Cleaner"

Votes: 426 48.1%
  • "C-C Cleaner"

Votes: 400 45.1%
  • What is this and why do you care?

Votes: 60 6.8%

• Total voters

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those thread titles that made me roll my eyes until I saw the poll results. I apologize OP, you were clearly onto something.

Why would anyone add an extra C? Why are the results so close?

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
For the longest time, I definitely said it C C Cleaner. I had to train myself away from that habit. But damn the way it's written tricks my brain.

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
Always C Cleaner, but my dad and sister both called it C-C Cleaner. So that's 2:1 for the triple C.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
CC Cleaner. Does someone still use this? Last time I used it was with Windows XP.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
C Cleaner or "Crap Cleaner" if I want to feel like a dinosaur.

Where the hell are all of you getting that extra C from?
I never saw it as "CC Cleaner" myself, but it's easy to see how someone might make the mistake at first/in passing. They're not seeing an extra, third C, but rather reading the second C twice, once as a part of two capital C's, "CC", then again as part of "Cleaner". It's a simple mistake to make, as your eyes are more immediately drawn to the pair of capital letters, and then the rest of the word, but I don't see how people can regularly repeat the mistake.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
C Cleaner. People say CC cleaner? I had no idea people say it with a CC, now I see it's quite a lot of people. Huh, that's super interesting. I'm sure there's some kind of reason for it then. Does the human eye or mind subconsciously add in an extra C for some people due to the repetition? Or was an old logo misleading. Must be something. Is interesting though.

kimbaka

Oct 27, 2017
I've never actually said it out loud but CC Cleaner sounds better to me for some reason.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Ive never heard of it but i just read it is "cuh-cleaner" and i read c-c cleaner as "cuh-cuh-cleaner"

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
They same way you say c..c..combo breaker!

PS: seriously though, I chose the second option because FML I never realized before that it only one C before it's name.

Engell

Oct 28, 2017
it's Crap Cleaner, because that was the name of it when they started and its still the same product

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never looked closely at the name until it C C Cleaner was already ingrained.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
The real question is Cuh-Cleaner vs See-Cleaner

Cuh-cuh-cuh-cleaner
Turn and face the strange
Cuh-cuh-cleaner
Don't want to be a richer man

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
You mean you don't pronounce it like you're scared? Kuh kuh cleaner!!!