• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
well I didn't watch the conference so I've been pronouncing it as "stah-dia" and honestly? I'm gonna keep saying it that way

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
It's the Latin plural of "Stadium". I assume you know how to pronounce stadium?

Also, like others have said, they mentioned it like a hundred times during the conference.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People being like 'Google pronounce it like this' know it's already a word right? The plural of stadium. (As well as stadiums)

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Stay-de-ah

But then I have a nice English middle-class draaaawlll. And a proper education.

/snoot

(/s)

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
As a spaniard I just say "Estadio" but with an "a" in the end instead of an "o".

In english, like Stadium, but "um" is an "a".

Stadia feels like the plural of Stadium.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Lara. The same sound as in the first part of 'large' or 'lard', but with an 'uh' on the end. Not Laura.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Here's the thing.

Phil Harrison said it's the plural of stadium.

But then you should pronounce stadium (and stadia) the latin way and not the english way, so the "A" is pronounced just like "A" in italian and not the english way.

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
Stadia lines are also the little hatchmarks in weapon optics that make up crosshairs. It was definitely what I thought of before "plural stadiums"

ChewbieFR

Nov 3, 2018

Yves pronounces it [ybisɔft]
Now die

PdTxKvD.jpg

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more concerned about whether you can reasonably say "A stadia" to refer to a single instance at the datacentre. Which sort of feels right, but also bothers me deeply.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Clearly the op is someone who doesn't know an rpg from an npc.

Stay-dee-a as they said in the presser over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.