• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you pronounce RESETERA?

• RESET ERA

Votes: 504 60.6%
  • Like et cetera

Votes: 199 23.9%
  • I am too embarrassed to say the name out loud in real life

Votes: 101 12.1%
  • ERA

Votes: 28 3.4%

• Total voters

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's clearly two words so everything other than Reset Era (as in literally Reset the Era because of the GAF migration back then) is wrong.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This is posted in the Etcetera section.
How can so many of you be so wrong.

Ribbon

Oct 27, 2017
I typically just refer to it as Reset for short. But, if I say the whole name then it's Reset Era.

gcncontroller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FL
resetera as one word rolls off the tongue real nicely though. my mental tongue, anyway. because i certainly don't say the name out loud, ever.

😰

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
1) I don't say it outloud
2) If I had to say it, I'd say "Reset Era"
3) I fully accept the right way to pronounce it should probably be like "Etcetera" "reeesetera."

But... w/e.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Throatwobbler Mangrove.
4356739203_0ef3461498_n.jpg

Never actually said the site name out loud. I suppose I'd go with Reset Era. Maybe. I'm not sure. I'll probably just stick to never mentioning it.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I say it like Etctera, but just because it flows better and is enjoyable, not because I think its proper. Honestly the site name is terrible said any other way. Reset Era is awkward to say, and sort of forever ties it to the origin of the site, should've just picked something that was its own thing.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I originally parsed it as the "et cetera" way but over time have converted to the "Reset Era" way (even though that doesn't flow well), and I say "Era" if I have to say it out loud to avoid the issue. >.>

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
"that forum I like to visit"

This is literally how I refer to it every time I mention it. Like my wife says "what are you doing on your phone?" and I say "looking at that forum that I talk on". Or "I was on this forum that I like, and they were talking about the new Resident Evil game".

It's obviously Reset Era, though. But from now on, I'm going to amuse myself by thinking of the ETC people pronouncing stuff like "Movie-Era" or "California-Era" or "Fighting Games Era" in that ridiculous way. "moo VEE ur ah". Heh.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
When talking to friends about it, I usually say "The new GAF".

I don't think I ever said Resetera out lout, but Reset Era would be my go to.