• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thegabecarey

Senior Writer for PCGamer and GamesRadar
Verified
Jan 15, 2019
Anyone know how to migrate Metro Exodus save data from one PC to another? Much as I like EGS, I'm not fond of the lack of cloud saving, nor can I successfully locate the local save directory. Given that I frequently switch between my laptops and desktop for gaming (I review hardware for a living), any tips would be appreciated.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I think you just have to wait until Epic implement Steam circa-2009 features.

I wonder what will happen first, their client catches up with rudimentary industry standard features, or their 12 month exclusivity on the first wave of games expires.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Senior Writer for PCGamer
How do you migrate EGS save files from one PC to another?

oh man, this is rich

giphy.gif

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Are you that pc gamer editor who called Epic's moneyhats "healthy competition", and called out people who raised their voice against the Metro Exodus exclusivity deal?
Yeah I think this was a little unnecessarily antagonistic, although I would be curious to know if the various sponsored posts/advertorial posted for Epic Store games on PC Gamer is being paid for by Epic or by the respective publishers. Dunno why, but it's barely disclosed on the articles/website as far as I can see. Tagging something as "sponsored" without saying who has done the sponsoring seems to be withholding information that readers might want to have access to.

I'm thinking of posts like this and this.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had saves from Arkane, Machine Games, id, and Flying Wild Hog

Just use the documents folder :(
Please don't. Those are my documents, not game devs', so I'd rather they didn't fill that folder with their stuff. Gaming has made the documents folder virtually useless to store personal files.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
I'd recommend specialized software like gamesave manager to automatically or manually upload and sync your saves between different PCs via dropbox or similar cloud services. Optionally with versioning/compression. Not sue if EGS saves are supported already, but I'm confident they are since the community is usually very on top of these kinda things. If all else fails, whipping up a corresponding rule is comparatively easy. UI is a bit convoluted at first, but nothing major.