• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I've had this bed for about a decade I think. I guess I don't sleep all that good sometimes but it's hard to tell if that is me or the bed. Probably mostly me. Also, I don't know what kind of bed I would want. Spring, foam, magic foam that comes in a small box and expands. Theoretically, postcovid, I could go to a showroom and lay down on different ones. But that wouldn't replicate sleeping on it for 8 hours.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
It's time when you start thinking about it. They last a long time, so it's a worthy investment.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
How's your mattress looking? Mine is 25 years old and sags in the middle so I really need to replace it. Like, I'm on it typing on my laptop right now and my laptop is at a deep angle.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
My dad has the same bed from the 70's that I was probably conceived in. Keep it till it gets weird.

Okay actually ten years is enough. I really like a firm mattress with a foam mattress topper. The full foam ones are nice at first but break down and I think get uncomfortable much quicker than regular mattresses.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Dear God. Get a new mattress. ;)

We buy a new one every five years or so.

Historically I get really close to buying one and then something bad happens and I decide maybe I can survive with this one a little longer. I got close to getting one of those 'as heard on every podcast' ones last week but then kind of completely forgot about ordering it.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Whenever the uniform firmness/softness changes to where one portion of the bed is more soft than the rest. That's not good for your body.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
You... don't have any back problems, do you?

Nope! And I solved my sleep problems with a new pillow and closing the shades. I still desperately need to just stay focused and buy a new one though. I get a new sleeping problem every few months that goes away as soon as I go 'hey maybe this is a thing I should buy a new mattress to fix.'

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
My problem is feeling like I'm going to get a mattress that I end up hating. I've considered getting a sleep number bed recently, but I feel like it's one step away from getting one of those craftmatic adjustable beds for the elderly I grew up seeing commercials for.

Jun 14, 2019
When you wake up next to this

VsBO8vT.gif

Obviously, I'm referring to Captain Jack Sparrow

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I've heard every ten years. I"m nearing that point with mine, and it's certainly showing its age. Last year I slept on my parents spare bed which is a brand new mattress, and holy shit did that make mine look bad.

Within the next three months I"m hoping to replace it.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I've had my bed for 10 years now and it's not that soft. It never was. But it was the best I could afford. I can afford much better now so I'd like to get a new mattress. Probably one of those rolled up ones that comes in a long box and puffs itself up when you unroll it. Those always impress me.