• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
I found out I missed seeing one of the artists on my bucket list perform live in 2019. I didn't have a single fucking clue!

What are some ways to help keep track of upcoming concerts you may be interested in? Preferrably some kind of app or website over manually checking social media.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Bands in Town is the app you're looking for.

I also have every artist I want to see liked on FB which helps alert me about local shows. FB is the worst though so... yeah.

edit: I forgot about Spotify, though weirdly only the desktop app lets me look at suggested concerts near me and I'm all about the mobile app.

Last edited:

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Songkick. You can scan your music library, and get concert alerts for shows near you.

VeggieBurger

Jan 6, 2018
I don't use spotify anymore so i don't remember how to get to it, but there is def like a concerts section that pulls from your library and shows which bands are playing in your area.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I found out I missed seeing one of the artists on my bucket list perform live in 2019. I didn't have a single fucking clue!

What are some ways to help keep track of upcoming concerts you may be interested in? Preferrably some kind of app or website over manually checking social media.
Pitchfork is good for anyone not too underground.

Aside from that, Twitter. I know you'd rather not check social media, but it's a good resource. Alternately, subscribe to newsletters by your favorite venues and your favorite artists, and they'll keep you in the loop.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I follow the venues on social media and subscribe to their newsletters. You get an email of new concert announcements and sometimes with a presale code.

Bandsintown is good too.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Facebook is actually amazing for this. It's how I keep up with the tech/house scene in my city.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I don't, usually I get lucky and hear about them on the radio (yeah...) or I actively look up bands I like and see where and when they're playing next.

I should check out that bandsintown thing.

OP
OP
out_of_touch

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone. <3 ERA delivers again!

Pitchfork is good for anyone not too underground.

Aside from that, Twitter. I know you'd rather not check social media, but it's a good resource. Alternately, subscribe to newsletters by your favorite venues and your favorite artists, and they'll keep you in the loop.
You're right about Twitter but my brain likes skipping over tour date posts for some reason lol

Last edited:

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I follow a shitload of bands on facebook. I also follow my favorite local concert venues. Basically it's advertising that I actually want.

Yeah, same for me. It's one of Facebook's current redeeming factors for me, to be honest. Next to that, I subscribe to a bunch of newsletters from my favorite venues & festivals, but usually that stuff gets posted on FB first. I also have a Songkick account but that always lags behind in my experience, I missed out on shows that way because they sold out already. Bandsintown is a bit better in that regards.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
We have 2 or 3 venues in the city where metal bands play live, and foreign metal bands are super rare so its easy to keep up. If I had an expendable income and a car I would have more options, but I'm not really at the age or mindset for 6 hour road trips to see bands anymore. I went to like 3 live concerts and that was enough for me.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
BandsinTown and all my concert schedule planning happens on Facebook (I use it pretty much only for that purpose).

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Used to use BandsinTown. Now I just end up seeing ads either in my email from the sites I buy tickets from or on billboards when I'm driving.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
If you have bucket list artists, you should sign up for their fan club email lists. You'll get an email every time they announce a tour and possibly presale privileges.

Also sign up for your local venue's email list.

Oct 28, 2017
Just followed the concert venues when I lived in a smaller city.

That's impossible where I live now, too many of them. So I mostly follow bands I'd like to see, so I don't miss when they come here.

It's been cool to be able to catch many of my favorite acts live. But I actually kind of miss the exitement to find out a band I love is coming to my boring city with just one venue international acts would consider playing at

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I used to go to tons of concerts. Now the thought of driving downtown to see a band doesn't interest me at all, except on rare occasions when it's like My Bloody Valentine or something.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bands In Town is completely useless to me. Can only set a radius of 150 miles max which doesn't cover the three cities I travel to for concerts most.

Any other recommendations? I need something that can track the artists I listen too in about a 3-400 mile radius.