• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do, you, flush a public toilet?

• Hand

Votes: 367 37.2%
  • Feet

Votes: 434 44.0%
  • Use toilet paper or some other wipe in hand as buffer

Votes: 160 16.2%
  • I don't...

Votes: 24 2.4%

• Total voters

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I like how people sit on the public toilets to shit and don't bat an eye but think they need to use their foot to flush because it's too dirty to touch with your hands...lol

The toilet seat is way dirtier than the flusher. And usually has shit on the seat that the person before you wiped off with dry tp to make it look like it didn't happen

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People using their feet like they don't have a faucet right outside to wash your hands after the fact. Lmao smh.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
i can't believe hand flush + paper buffer combined is still less than feet flushing

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Wait, feet is winning the poll? You wash your hands like 2 seconds after the flush. Plus your ass is already covered with the cooties from the last person anyways.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hand people realising they're the minority and starting conspiracy theories to cope.

The time of the foot people is now.

giphy.gif

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
It's just that now...I kinda don't want to use my hands, since I now know so many people are putting their disgusting shoes on the handle meant for hands. lol

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Era has revealed so many weird practices over the years, but the majority of y'all being germaphobe foot flushers is legit the most surprising thing yet.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's just that now...I kinda don't want to use my hands, since I now know so many people are putting their disgusting shoes on the handle meant for hands. lol

I feel bad for the janitor. Dudes gotta deal with not only people who probably don't wash their hands in general, but peoples dirty ass shoes smearing whatever piss they walked on, all over the handle 😂

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I feel bad for the janitor. Dudes gotta deal with not only people who probably don't wash their hands in general, but peoples dirty ass shoes smearing whatever piss they walked on, all over the handle 😂

Piss, manure, garbage, sewar water, all sorts of fungi...like, y'all shoes are nasty af. And y'all are boasting about this.

Thank god I wash my hands anyway, people's booties are the least of my concern apparently.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Hand. I mean I'm about to wash my hands anyways so placing my dirty boot on the thing seems unnecessary.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
With the way some people here respond to hygiene threads, I'm wondering why you people don't just live in sterile bubbles based on how absurd some of the answers are (provided they are actually serious).

Good hygiene is obviously important (I can't even give an accurate count of the amount of people I've heard/seen just go out without washing their hands on campus), but unless you are immunocompromised in some way, you people need to chill out with the excessive and wasteful bathing and whatnot.

You are essentially covered in all sorts of shit (figuratively and literally) no matter what you do, and most of the surfaces you touch on a daily basis are actually worse than a public toilet, so maybe try to chill out a bit.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
How is that ANY worse than what's likely on there already from someone wiping and flushing with the same hand?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I use my hands because I'm about to wash them.

Convinced anyone using their feet walks straight out without washing their hands and you can't convince me otherwise.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
A lot of toilets now have buttons that are flush (ha) with the top of the cistern. In other words, the only way you're flushing those badboys with your feet is if you're taking your shoes off and using your big toe like a finger.

Obviously I just use my hands like a normal person, though.

Aug 13, 2019
Every public toilet I've ever used has been automated so I've never had to touch them. But If I did, I'd just flush with my hands and then wash them. There's no point in being paranoid about the germs if you intend to vigorously wash your hands anyway.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Little do hand people know; they are touching all the poo & pee transferred from the dirty floors of bathrooms by civilized and evolved feet people

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
The real hygiene problem is getting out of the restroom without your neighbors poop on your hands.

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
I flush with my foot because it's easier and keeps the rest of me away from the toilet. Then I wash my hands, and use the paper towel I dry them with to open the door out.

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
Hand because I can fucking wash it...

It's bad enough I need to step in a public bathroom, I'm not fucking touching that handle with anything I cannot immediately clean. I'll wash that hand for 10 minutes if it's disgusting enough.

Oct 25, 2017
No need to lean in and have your face hovering over a public toilet when it's flushing. God gave you feet for a reason. Lean back and give it a good push with your toes.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feet, definitely. I hate touching anything in a public restroom. Sometimes, if there's no paper around to dry my hands or grab the door handle, I will wait.

If someone comes into the bathroom in that time, I will catch the door with my foot and leave that way.

Best bathrooms are in airports: no doors, automatic flush, wash, and paper towels.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Toilet paper then throw it in the toilet fast before it finishes flushing. I also use it sometimes to open the stall door as well and throw it in the trash bin that's used for the drying paper towels.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Feet, definitely. I hate touching anything in a public restroom. Sometimes, if there's no paper around to dry my hands or grab the door handle, I will wait.

If someone comes into the bathroom in that time, I will catch the door with my foot and leave that way.

Best bathrooms are in airports: no doors, automatic flush, wash, and paper towels.
EEpu2FQ.jpg

I do that too if there is a pull open door and enough foot traffic.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I use any public amenity as a way to practice my mouth dexterity. I don't want to lick and mess up my home toilet.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
jfc people use your hand. Are you people not washing your hands? Don't fucking use your shit and piss covered shoes what the fuck.