• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How do, you, flush a public toilet?

• Hand

Votes: 367 37.2%
  • Feet

Votes: 434 44.0%
  • Use toilet paper or some other wipe in hand as buffer

Votes: 160 16.2%
  • I don't...

Votes: 24 2.4%

• Total voters

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
7l67.gif

How about it folks? How do, you, flush a public toilet?

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I use my hand (assuming it's not an auto-flushing toilet, which are so common now).

Cleanliness doesn't really matter to me, because I'm about 5 seconds away from washing my hands anyway.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Use your hand and then wash your hands like a goddamn person. Don't use your feet like an animal. People kicking the damn flush valve usually break them, speaking as a former plumber.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I use my hand, and then I wash my hands. Like I thought most people did. Unless you can't resist popping your hand in your mouth in-between the flush and the wash then you're all good.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I think I've only ever sat down in a public toilet once in my life, when I had the shits bad. I'd use a square of paper to flush though

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Using my feet.

I don't care how quickly I'm going to be able to wash my hands, I'm not touching something likely covered in a bunch of people's poop and pee.
Though on that note I will do every single thing in my power to avoid using a public restroom at all, so

Laephis

Jun 25, 2021
Use your hand and then wash your hands like a goddamn person. Don't use your feet like an animal. People kicking the damn flush valve usually break them, speaking as a former plumber.

Nah, I'll use my foot and wash my hands, thank you very much. If there's a plumbing concern, auto-flush is a great solution.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
More and more I'm convinced that aliens use Resetera to ask about human habits.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I generally use my hand and then wash my hands, but I'm re-evaluating that if this many people rub their bathroom floor germs on the handle by flushing it with their feet. 🤮

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
why the fuck would you use your foot to flush if its not automatic?

you're washing your hands anyway, right...? RIGHT?

If anything you're making it WORSE by rubbing your piss-stick soles on the handle

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
People like you are part of the reason most public restrooms are in such a poor state. People do not care, and treat things like shit.

Don't kick toilets, folks. Holy hell.

I don't think most people actually kick the toiled, we just like, press on it with a foot instead of a hand. There's no difference in the amount of force used.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Why would you use anything other than your hand when you are literally seconds away from washing your hands?

Do you also operate the lock on the toilet with your foot? It will likely have just as much if not more germs than the flush button.

DemyxC

Dec 3, 2020
Foot is actually winning?? I must be missing something?? Just clean your hand. wtf????

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
In a public toilet, the same germs that are likely to be found on the flushing mechanism are also all over the entire space. The handle, the seat, the toilet paper dispenser, the door, the sink knob...

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Hundreds of people before you just took a piece of (wafer-thin) toilet paper and smeared shit all over their ass, then proceeded to use the handle.
If you've got wafer thin tp then wad it up.

either way, we're all supposed to be washing our hands so unless there's some visible brown shit on the handle I'm not gonna dropkick the thing

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
if I pee I don't wash or flush so I dont touch anything but if pooping I use my hands since i courtesy flush

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
If it's not automatic, I try to use my foot. If I can't maneuver well enough to do that, then toilet paper as a buffer for my hands is what it's gonna have to be.

Quite honestly, though, I will do almost ANYTHING to avoid using a public toilet. I went nearly my entire school career (literally probably could count on one hand the amount of times) never using the bathroom until I got home because it just grosses me out.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I use a foot on the handle and don't give a damn. If it's a button on the top of the toilet I just press it with a my finger because I'd probably end up falling over into some pee trying to press it with my foot.

Laephis

Jun 25, 2021
If you've got wafer thin tp then wad it up.

either way, we're all supposed to be washing our hands so unless there's some visible brown shit on the handle I'm not gonna dropkick the thing

Good thing no one is "drop kicking" anything, just depressing a lever with the amount of force necessary to engage the flushing mechanism.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
My hand. I don't get the extreme aversion to germs. I am touching the stall door, the counter, the door, and a billion other objects and surfaces throughout the day. It's fine.