• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I have to say that I'm so far impressed how well the game runs after the disastrous demo that Capcom put up on the Eshop. The frame rate has been stable so far with a few dips below 30fps when the action gets way to much or when there is a explosion right in the face. There is some pop up on objects that appear from a medium distance And no AA but I dont notice the jaggies so much. Last time I played Resident Evil 5 was on the Xbox360 and that is what, 10 years ago or more?

The best thing about the switch port is the gyro aiming. It's hard to go back to analog aiming after playing with gyro aiming

so what do you guys think?

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Gyro aiming goes a long way, it honestly makes it the most enjoyable version for me. I bought PS Move controllers exclusively for RE5 PS3 back in the day but the pointing just didn't feel as smooth as a Wii remote. Switch's mix of traditional buttons & motion makes this the most comfortable and practical version imo. There are performance dips but nothing too distracting

OP
OP
Mr Swine

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Gyro aiming goes a long way, it honestly makes it the most enjoyable version for me. I bought PS Move controllers exclusively for RE5 PS3 back in the day but the pointing just didn't feel as smooth as a Wii remote. Switch's mix of traditional buttons & motion makes this the most comfortable and practical version imo. There are performance dips but nothing too distracting

oh I agree. I only seven some videos of RE5 utilizing the PS Move controller and it looked cumbersome since it lacks a analog stick. performance wise this is better than the PS3 version but still not up there with the 360 version.

also graphics wise, are there any downgrades on textures, lightning, shaders or character models other than no AA, motion blur and a bit of pop up?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It's a solid port and the gyro aiming definitely adds to it. Still shouldn't be a $30 dollar title but it's a good way to experience RE5 even for the first time.