• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
One of the things that really has me excited about The Division is that when they announced it they were announcing it to people who played the game. They were like "look, we know, there's a lot of stuff we didn't get right with The Division, so lets focus on how we're going to improve in the sequel". They were talking about increasing enemy variety, having more interesting mechanical interactions, having real endgame content available. They're putting out free DLC over the first year.
So far the only Faction we've seen is the True Sons but the flavoring on them has me thinking we won't see a repeat of 'prisoners' and 'rioters' as somewhat tone-deaf factions we have to mow through (i'm hoping here).
I also appreciate that they're doing a new and radically different environment even though I would have preferred something like LA to Washington. From what I've seen the game isn't going to look THAT much better than The Division 1 so I think another game in the snow in New York would be too much the same.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought Division 1 on launch, it was a mistake, not planning to play Division 2 until a massive 70%+ sale. I was excited for the first game because of its setting, but I ended up hating a lot of things like the non existent story (audio logs don't count in my book) or spongy enemies.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not completely disinterested. But kind of apathetic at this point. After the limitations of the first game due to design choices, as well has being handicapped by the setting. I'm very much wait and see.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Excited, provided that they've overhauled their UI and cut out a lot of the tedious inventory management. No idea if they've done that or not... I'll start playing closer attention when it's about to release.

Mr Moot

May 10, 2018
Annecy, France
No preorder I'm not overhyped but I suspect a day one buy could happen.

I had a great time with the division, only play the story, mainly solo.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Deep, deep, deep sale. I was one of the numbnuts who bought the first game at launch and it was a major disappointment because the developers had no idea what kinda game they wanted. It felt like one long beta test because they kept changing things. I have never played a game that have gone through so many changes. You could grind loot and finally collect a nice set of items and the next month the set would be completely useless because of changes to the game. Everything got changed multiple times, it was completely crazy that the devs had no idea what they wanted to do with the game.

But i enjoyed the first playthrough and the dark zone was fun for a bit. So i'm in when the game is cheaper.

Oct 27, 2017
150h in Division.

So far, I haven't seen anything worth my consideration to purchase a sequel. I don't give about the change of wallpaper, the story/characters in Division 1 were super trash, even by the co-op shooter game standards.

• Proper character customization
• Variety of armor sets and effects, not just flat stat differences for 50h
• Fix and streamline UI + unlimited stash space, mods must be available for all weapons as long as you have one.
• More classes and variety in abilities
• Enemy variety at least 3x larger
• Roaming enemies, Hunters, Bosses
• All the core Division 1 modes upgraded (Incursions, Dark Zone, Horde)
• A non-RNG path to the best weapons/sets

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Really liked the first one and generally a huge Tom Clancy game fan but lukewarm on this. Not seeing anything about it that justifies its existence for me and the new setting is *snooze*. Might pick it up when cheap. They should have just developed the fist game more.

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped for the first,
have absolutely zero interest in 2.
setting looks like the most bland thing possible this time as well.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apathetic.

I didn't really care for the first game, the realistic setting combined with bullet sponge enemies led to a disconnect in my brain.

Mission design is kind of boilerplate Ubisoft open world fair so it's hard for me to be salivating at the mouth for it.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Really liked the first one and generally a huge Tom Clancy game fan but lukewarm on this. Not seeing anything about it that justifies its existence for me and the new setting is *snooze*. Might pick it up when cheap. They should have just developed the fist game more.

yeah, i'm not sure they could've come up with a less interesting location than d.c. well, possibly cleveland, i guess :) ...

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
To be perfectly honest, I preferred the Divisions loot system, actual loot (stats), and game play loop to Destiny. I felt an actual sense of progression with my character. Levels and stats actual meant something. Those bullet sponge enemies started to turn into easy mode once you put in the time. It felt good. My one beef I had with the game, and it's a big one:

I'm not a Tom Clancy fan, and I the aesthetic just got boring to look at real quick.

With that said, the Division 2 looks to alleviate some of the issues with the visual presentation I had with the first game, but it's still Tom Clancy. The guns, the clothes, the characters, they all look boring to me. It sucks, because I feel there's a great game buried beneath the Tom Clancy property chosen for the game.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
To be perfectly honest, I preferred the Divisions loot system, actual loot (stats), and game play loop to Destiny. I felt an actual sense of progression with my character. Levels and stats actual meant something. Those bullet sponge enemies started to turn into easy mode once you put in the time. It felt good. My one beef I had with the game, and it's a big one:

I'm not a Tom Clancy fan, and I the aesthetic just got boring to look at real quick.

With that said, the Division 2 looks to alleviate some of the issues with the visual presentation I had with the first game, but it's still Tom Clancy. The guns, the clothes, the characters, they all look boring to me. It sucks, because I feel there's a great game buried beneath the Tom Clancy property chosen for the game.
Yeah, the Tom Clancy aesthetic isn't terribly exciting anymore. There's a reason that more and more games are leaning into the zany side of character customization. We don't need rainbow wigs and all that, but maybe a little more "fun" and a little less "15 slightly different versions of gray tactical pants."

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I loved the first game, so I'm excited. I liked the snowbound look of Manhattan more than what they're doing for the 2nd game, but I'm still ready for a great time.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Nothing against The Division 2, I enjoyed the first one for a time, but I'm just completely over the Ubi formula that I don't know a single thing about it.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I wish/hope it has the survival mode in the base game and it doesn't take up over 90GB+ on my HDD.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Friends and I were hoping for a BR mode since this style of game really fits with it, but it won't and it's killed a lot of the hype. Probably will wait for a sale.

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, the Tom Clancy aesthetic isn't terribly exciting anymore. There's a reason that more and more games are leaning into the zany side of character customization. We don't need rainbow wigs and all that, but maybe a little more "fun" and a little less "15 slightly different versions of gray tactical pants."

You bring up a good point. I was unlocking so many things in the first game, clothes etc, and I hardly noticed a difference between any of the "gear." I had to equip a radically new style/color to notice change. Oh, and hats.

That was really my only disappointment I had of the game. I didn't mine the bullet sponge enemies to be honest. I viewed it as a necessary RPG mechanic. What I mean by that is, what's the point of min maxing/huge power gains, if the game is scaled for 2-3 kills throughout the entire game. For numbers and the feel of kill something in 1 or 2 less hits? So the bullet sponges didn't bother me. However, the aesthetic just killed the game for me. Weird.

Kleegamefan

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 16, 2017
My #1 most anticipated game of the next few months. My wife and still do survival runs every day in Division ( gonna do another run when she wakes up) so I cannot wait for the sequel. We have two PS4s set up in two different rooms so we do co-op that way. I hope they include a survival mode again.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Wait and see for me. I thought the first one was ok at launch but the DLC and updates made it a much better game later.

Not liking the setting tbh. I understand D.C. fits with the patriotic theme of the Tom Clancy brand but NYC set during winter just oozed atmosphere and really had that post apocalyptic feel. This, not so much.

I'm hoping they bring back survival. That was my favorite mode.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The worst thing about this is the TC branding means you'll never have interesting factions like fighting against the US army etc.