• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure. I was hyped for Division 1 and i played it with my friends for maybe 40 hours. But it never had any lasting appeal.
I think the core gameplay of shooting and moving never felt good and fun. Wich is the most important thing. Dont see Division 2 changing that alot.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I really like the setting for The Division but, from what I have seen so far, Washington seems pretty dull to me.

So far, not really interested.

Pal

Tried to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: unnecessary aggression towards another user
fascist fever dreams, like all the other Tom Clancy properties. I'm surprised a Swedish studio is making it, but then again, SVD is somewhat popular there, so...

Why are drive-by fuckshits like this not a bannable offense on ERA?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Won't be burned again....

Just kidding. I much preferred the setting of the first game.

I just wish they hadn't limited themselves to just shooting dudes and then shooting more dudes and then shooting dudes in armour.

Introduce zombies or infected or whatever.

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Why are drive-by fuckshits like this not a bannable offense on ERA?

Its not driveby, it's my actual assessment of the game and its origins.

Your hostile "fuckshit" reaction is much worse offense than critical opinions about this game. Why are you so offended by me calling Tom clancy narratives to be fascist fever dreams?

Arih

Jan 19, 2018
Its the setting. Humans fighting humans gets boring after a while. Every enemy is basically the same in a game where all you do is shoot enemies.
With a touch of fantasy you can have big monster, small monster, scally monster, clawy monster, gooey monster, etc. There's more leeway in variety.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Had a lot of fun with D1 so i'm excited.
I wish they kept the christmas/winter mood because i loved it,NY was very atmospheric.
Soundtrack was cool too.

Jan 10, 2018
Indifferent. It suffers from the problem that many realistic shooters do; it has no real enemy variety. You are attacking humans in three shapes: the light close combat ones, the medium all-rounders and the heavy tanks with big guns. Sure, there might be some drones and stuff thrown in there but overall the threat is very unsurprising and stale to go up against.

I much rather play Destiny or Anthem in that regard because there seems to be more creativity going on with enemy design. And it's also not about taking cover and suffering from low mobility, which in itself is not a bad thing but combined with poor enemy variety it makes for a bland experience.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I loved the abandoned NY in the snow setting and I really liked the Survival mode later on. I wished they would've build on that and make the multiplayer part more intetesting.
This seems to be just more of the same in a less interesting setting. So probably a nope for me.

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
What's the premise of this game? Antagonists? Weapons? Is it mutant Sci-Fi? I can't figure it out from the trailers? I'd be down for some post apocalypse mutant tps action, though.

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I didn't ike about Division 1 was the book.

Anyone remember it?

And not even the book itself, it was an excellent piece of lore and a great puzzle book, too!

The problem is that there was a complete disconnect with the puzzle and the book.

The Book's puzzle eventually sends you to an address in New York city, and a code phrase to Give to a character in the world (who exists in the game as an NPC in your Base).

1: The address is Inaccessible within the game.
2: there is no way of interacting with the NPC in Game.

If you're going to have something you require a separate frigging puzzle book to solve, at least have *some kind of payoff in the game*...

Anyway, I'll consider Div2, but I am totally not getting any supplemental stuff.

Nintenkun

Banned
Nov 20, 2018
i preordered d1, and feels good for the experience of playing it. but d2's trailer doesnt attract me at all. i dont know why

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I was super hyped for the first one. PLayed through most of the campaign, lost interest.

Dropped back in a few times as it was updated and quite heavily towards the end. It ended up being an excellent game which I enjoyed thoroughly.

I'm cautiously optimistic about how the second entry will start off, and will more than likely buy it, I'm just not sure I have the capacity for another big GaaS title with Destiny and Anthem as well. I like this style of game but I so rarely have the time to commit to them.

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the first one.... especially since it cost me $8 new and had years of updates under it's belt by the time I got it. Hope the same occurs with the sequel!

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Picking it up mostly because it's set in DC LOL
And I'm sure that it will improve in every way from the first title
Anthem and Div 2 will keep me so occupied I might not need to buy any more games in 2019

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not optimistic, but hopeful. The first one was disappointing in every category but concept, like most Ubisoft games. It was much better at the end though, so I'd love to see them learn from that and raise it further to where it should be in terms of pacing, balancing, gear,
and gameplay variety, etc.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I loved the snowy environments of the first one, and liked what we saw in the E3 demo with the jungle eating in to the city, but I'm afraid those locations may be scarce and you will just wander around streets.

WildWayz

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Probably a day 1 player here. Loved the first one other than the Dark Zone, which was terrible imo

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I'll play through the content once, love it, and abandon it immedittelly after that as I do with all GaaS games like Destiny and the first Division.

They're not getting me with their BS exploitative business model.

Pal

Tried to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its not driveby, it's my actual assessment of the game and its origins.

Your hostile "fuckshit" reaction is much worse offense than critical opinions about this game. Why are you so offended by me calling Tom clancy narratives to be fascist fever dreams?

No, your drive-by is the worst this forum offers. You come in this thread and spread FUD regarding the intention, the nature of the developers that are behind this game. You're "surprised" that a Swedish developer has a take on the Tom Clancy franchise and then end your sentence with "not all that surprised since SVD is kind of popular here". It appears to me that you assume Massive is composed of alt-right wingers due to the single fact that their game has Tom Clancy written on it plus all the typical stuff you would like to associate with alt-right wingers. You don't even fucking know them. You simply decided in your head that is the case. Guess what? Tom Clancy is a franchise Ubisoft acquired a long time ago. It's a franchise that gave numerous success hits to them. Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, The Divison, etc. Games of humans killing each others with automatic rifle weapons have been popular for a long time, in and out Tom Clancy's franchise.

Remove the famous "Tom Clancy" from this title and you should be good to go then because those games are as innofensive as shooter product #4764. Stories are right on par on what you'd find in a Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. War sells fine. War heroes stories sell. All of the previously mentioned franchises prove this point.

Ubisoft is also perhaps the best videogame company when it comes to multiculturalism. It wouldn't surprise me that they affiliate with studios of similar believes. In this case, Massive, which they own.

But you know what? I'd argue your filthy post is even worst than you might think. Basically, by saying "fascist fever dreams, like all the other Tom Clancy properties ", it feels to me like you're implying everyone who love playing a good session of The Division or a nice match Rainbow Siege Siege are fascists and this, to me, is where I think you're crossing the line. Because if you don't think that's the case then why post such a shitty drive-by in a topic exclusively about The Division 2 the game and not about Tom Clancy the author? My only guess is to make people feel like shit for liking a product that you judge totally inappropriate for anyone other than a fucking disgusting asshole of a right winger. To you, It's probably inconceavable that someone who respects minorities, multiculturalism and LGBTQ+ rights might also happen to like products such as The Division because it's a fun videogame concept to them.

Basically, fuck you for assuming the worst.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I'll play through the content once, love it, and abandon it immedittelly after that as I do with all GaaS games like Destiny and the first Division.

They're not getting me with their BS exploitative business model.

But... The Division does not have an exploitative business model?
The only mtx are cosmetic, and obtainable in-game, too. It's probably the least intrusive implementation of mtx in recent years.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
But... The Division does not have an exploitative business model?
The only mtx are cosmetic, and obtainable in-game, too. It's probably the least intrusive implementation of mtx in recent years.

Yes, well I should've clarified, I have no interest in *any* mtx.
Designing games as platforms to sell me pixels instead of focusing on the actual game is what I'm not into.
The concept of pacing the game in such a way to keep players playing indefinitely is also a huge part/problem of this philosophy.

I'm just not doing any of that.

Nov 28, 2017
I liked the first game enough to play through the missions, but never bothered with anything past that.
I will be skipping the sequel completely, I have zero interest in it.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
I liked how the demo looked and felt at E3 2018. But kinda scared that the game might not look or play anywhere as good as what they showed at E3 :( on the consoles. If the final retail version looks as good as the E3 demo, then count me interested!

Jun 1, 2018
The Division is one of the best games of the last few years.

That said the location and environments of 2 look WAAAAY worse and less atmospheric, which has me hesitant. The city and atmosphere was so damn good in the first.
yeah i dont understand how but the division 2 looks way worse than the first. the atmosphere of the dead empty city surrounded by huge buildings was amazing

Deleted member 46948

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Yes, well I should've clarified, I have no interest in *any* mtx.
Designing games as platforms to sell me pixels instead of focusing on the actual game is what I'm not into.
The concept of pacing the game in such a way to keep players playing indefinitely is also a huge part/problem of this philosophy.

I'm just not doing any of that.

Ok, that I can respect. Just saying that TD is very much not an example of predatory GaaS.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Winter in NYC was too good a setting for my buddies and I.

I think we may hop over to Anthem this go-around, though. Flying around space looks fun.

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
No, your drive-by is the worst this forum offers. You come in this thread and spread FUD regarding the intention, the nature of the developers that are behind this game. You're "surprised" that a Swedish developer has a take on the Tom Clancy franchise and then end your sentence with "not all that surprised since SVD is kind of popular here". It appears to me that you assume Massive is composed of alt-right wingers due to the single fact that their game has Tom Clancy written on it plus all the typical stuff you would like to associate with alt-right wingers. You don't even fucking know them. You simply decided in your head that is the case. Guess what? Tom Clancy is a franchise Ubisoft acquired a long time ago. It's a franchise that gave numerous success hits to them. Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, The Divison, etc. Games of humans killing each others with automatic rifle weapons have been popular for a long time, in and out Tom Clancy's franchise.

Remove the famous "Tom Clancy" from this title and you should be good to go then because those games are as innofensive as shooter product #4764. Stories are right on par on what you'd find in a Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. War sells fine. War heroes stories sell. All of the previously mentioned franchises prove this point.

Ubisoft is also perhaps the best videogame company when it comes to multiculturalism. It wouldn't surprise me that they affiliate with studios of similar believes. In this case, Massive, which they own.

But you know what? I'd argue your filthy post is even worst than you might think. Basically, by saying "fascist fever dreams, like all the other Tom Clancy properties ", it feels to me like you're implying everyone who love playing a good session of The Division or a nice match Rainbow Siege Siege are fascists and this, to me, is where I think you're crossing the line. Because if you don't think that's the case then why post such a shitty drive-by in a topic exclusively about The Division 2 the game and not about Tom Clancy the author? My only guess is to make people feel like shit for liking a product that you judge totally inappropriate for anyone other than a fucking disgusting asshole of a right winger. To you, It's probably inconceavable that someone who respects minorities, multiculturalism and LGBTQ+ rights might also happen to like products such as The Division because it's a fun videogame concept to them.

Basically, fuck you for assuming the worst.

First of all, no need to get personal.

Second of all, you are ascribing a whole lot to a couple of sentences I wrote. Yes, Tom Clancy games are fascist, just like the other pro-military games you mention (where did I write that Clancy games are the only ones?). Third, just because these games sell does not excuse or rationalize their abhorrent fascist politics. Fourth, I did not say that any of the people at Massive in Malmö are SVD voters, I was saying that it surprises me that a Swedish studio would produce a game with fascist ideology since Sweden is known to be relatively progressive, but I was saying that I perhaps shouldn't be surprised about Sweden since they have a far-right party that's up and coming among the public. Fifth, I did not say anything about people who play these games and enjoy them, you are ascribing things to me that I have never said - please re-evaluate your reaction to my post and why it made you feel this way. Sixth, Ubisoft's "multiculturalism" does not excuse or rationalize their propagation of the Tom Clancy ideology.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Ubi will add snow to the DC environment? I loved the first one and i'll Pick up 2 but I'm more excited for Anthem.
I'll miss the snowy Christmas theme.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
The setting of the first game was one of the most appealing point so I'm sad to see that they didn't keep the winter setting. But I really liked the gameplay of the first game so unless reviews are bad I'll be there day 1.

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom
I'm curious. Played a lot of the first division and enjoyed it. My only main complaint was that gear sets were very hard to balance and I felt lost with all the numbers, it became very confusing. I wanted to do a electronics build but it destroyed my dps and medic ability's.

I hope the sets are more balanced and creating a build is easier and they get rid of the DZ I didn't enjoy it they should just have that as a separate component personally.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I finished the story with a friend and got nearly 100% in the game, had a super fun time with the first one and pretty excited for the second one.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The sequel looks identical to the first one (after the patches) but just in a different setting so not really.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Feels like how AC was. First one was OK but did not fully deliver. It took a sequel to make it great.

I enjoyed The Division but mainly due to my loot whoring tendencies. DIVISION 2 looks like a better game due to sorting out the issues in the first and expanding the core. Plus it does not look as miserable a setting that D1 was.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
The setting doesn't seem as fun, but me and my friends will give it a go.
We all fully expect to quite near end game because the levelling process is usually a lot more fun. (Like a lot of games).

If anything it's just "division 1 in a new area" and that's fine.

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
I enjoyed the RPG mechanics the game offered. The stats on the loot was also interesting, but the IP just didn't click for me. I found the world boring, and the weapons, outside of the stats, boring as well. Which is too bad, because I feel like they nailed (at least the first game) the RPG side of things in a looter shooter.
This is all from a Division 1 perspective. I cannot see Division 2 being more interesting, aesthetically, to keep me playing.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hesitant. I loved the first game's first 50 hours or so, then I lost interest in the endgame (or lack, thereof) back at launch. Everytime I tried jumping back to it I just never felt the rush anymore. I don't know if I would like a "reset" in a new area with new gameplay mechanics or if I'm already burnt out on The Division. Hopefully they'll have a demo so I can decide.

Deleted member 46948

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
First of all, no need to get personal.

Second of all, you are ascribing a whole lot to a couple of sentences I wrote. Yes, Tom Clancy games are fascist, just like the other pro-military games you mention (where did I write that Clancy games are the only ones?). Third, just because these games sell does not excuse or rationalize their abhorrent fascist politics. Fourth, I did not say that any of the people at Massive in Malmö are SVD voters, I was saying that it surprises me that a Swedish studio would produce a game with fascist ideology since Sweden is known to be relatively progressive, but I was saying that I perhaps shouldn't be surprised about Sweden since they have a far-right party that's up and coming among the public. Fifth, I did not say anything about people who play these games and enjoy them, you are ascribing things to me that I have never said - please re-evaluate your reaction to my post and why it made you feel this way. Sixth, Ubisoft's "multiculturalism" does not excuse or rationalize their propagation of the Tom Clancy ideology.

Jesus, that article is a load of shit.
I especially like the part where he has to switch to a strawman halfway through, since the actual game content doesn't support his fantasies anymore.
Anyway, I guess both you and the author missed the part where you basically establish a safe haven for the civilians, with medicine and supplies? You know, the core part of the campaign?

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 for my friends and I.... Absolutely loved the first, especially after the first couple of patches.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I enjoyed the hell out of the first game, they just made some weird decisions with endgame. Ultimately the endgame didn't have the 'hooks' to keep me around for the long haul. But I prob played almost 100 hours, so I definitely got my money's worth. What I've seen of 2 looks like more of the same, but I'll probably be picking it up, unless I'm too enthralled with Anthem.