• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoyed the first. I plan on getting the second one, but since I played the first one pretty much solo all the way through, I probably won't get it Day one. I'm also going to wait a bit to see how the endgame is.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
It's the type of game I'll pick up at launch and enjoy but I can not find a single shred of hype or excitement in me.

It's like Call of Duty. I know it'll be perfectly good but I have no desire to seek any footage out I can find.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
My purchase decision is going to be determined primarily by Anthem. If Anthem is good enough to keep me engaged, I'll wait on The Division. Otherwise I'm probably going to get the standard edition on day-one.

Gxgear

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Gonna wait until we see the endgame game loop, after release, to see if the game has legs. Will be met with extra scrutiny from me personally, as any GaaS that needs a sequel just means it's already failed in some way.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Only played first game because of a friend, no reason to give the second one a go. It's too mind numbing to play since it's a loot rpg/shooter. And those are straight up bad. Whether it's diablo or destiny, just certified world class boredom guaranteed.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to it but but they've been almost entirely silent about the game since E3 so it's hard to be too excited right now. First game was a lot of fun but the bugs and unbalanced PVP ended up driving me and my friends away for a while. I'm hoping they are more on top of things this time around. Also gotta say I'm not really feeling the summery D.C. setting anywhere near as much as snowy NYC. They need to really come out strong with the marketing and sell me on it.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Division 1 was great. i feel a lot of people didn't quite "get it" since it was an arpg without swords and sorcery but it was a hit so whatever

not particularly hyped about the next one, mostly because i'm not in the mood for a timesink right now. but when it comes i'll be there, no doubt Massive will deliver again

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
while i'm sure i'll have fun, i'm really, really disappointed that they went with d.c. one east coast city was enough. gulf/west coast (or anywhere else in the world, for that matter) would've been preferable...

Dec 4, 2017
London
Not sure where the pay to win stuff is coming from. Most of the pre-order bonus stuff that's been mentioned is cosmetic changes to skills (but they don't actually perform differently). Nothing in the first game really screamed pay to win, either? I mean, the House was a standout gun, but it came from grinding PVE content mostly, and they introduced optimization stations and recalibration stations, and events that dropped a lot of classified gear, that let players of basically any skill level amass way too much amazing gear.

Yeah I did wonder about the pay to win stuff, as I hadn't heard anything about it. Having said that I haven't been following it that closely and was only really aware of the initial reveal so I wasn't sure whether other details had since emerged.

I suspect, in retrospect, they were probably trying to persuade me to jump onto Fallout 76 with them as that was going to be their new jam. I've never liked Fallout though and '76 looked like it was going to be a shitshow, as indeed it turned out to be. So, maybe they'll relent and I'll get my crew back!

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I keep forgetting it exists, to be honest.

I worry that I will miss out on something really good, but I don't think I'm going to bother with it because I'm just not that interested in online based games and shared world experiences. I don't want to have to play with others, or to have to keep playing the same game regularly in order to keep up. What I played of The Division was okay, but it didn't hook me and I was pretty LTTP when I borrowed it from the library.

If it was a single player game, I'd be much more interested.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait til it's $20 like the first one.
I liked the first game for a while but I found the loot extremely boring. Not only are all the guns bland to use but you can't even look cool. All the gear you wear is more or less the same. It's impossible to stand out in that game.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Excited! I like the setting more too. Looks more colorful.

I miss the Dark Zone!

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Like most of these console mmo-lites, I think I'll give it awhile to shake out then jump in later for cheaps. Maybe. The endgame is always garbage with these styles of games.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I feel the same as i did with Division 1. It's not my kind of game but like with 1 i will platinum it just from playing so much with friends. I hope it's a lot meatier than 1 though. We fell off after the first "Raid"

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
I did kind of enjoy the first one for the 70 hours I played it. But it's one of those games I don't remember well, despite it being fairly recent...

I was interested in the 2nd game and me and my mates had highlighted it as our potential next co-op game. Then Ubisoft did what they do, several editions and after promising no play to win, the more expensive editions have a bigger stash size...

So no, not interested.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
i normally stay out of threads for games i dont care about but i had to pop in here to ask something. has this game been shown at all since e3? i dont follow it at all, much like i dont follow anything else i dont care about. but with something like anthem for example, i hear about new showings for it when they happen even if i dont watch them, but i havent heard a thing about this game since e3

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the Dark Zone in this is like the beta for the first one. I want it to be about paranoia and fear of getting fucked up. Not everyone re-rolling the same fucking gun for slightly better stats and having a nothing war.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Played the first until I had high end gold gear, then the expansions came out, uni got busy and I forgot all about it. Maybe I should get around to it before D2 comes.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I mean I haven't played it yet, but I'm interested. Really liked the first game, though I need few good friends on board again for me to buy it. Would have loved to see a location outside US.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i completely forgot i activated a key i bought off ebay for $20 which included Division 2 and DMC 5 (or RE2), it did require an AMD 580 card to activate but fortunately my brother recently bought a new PC with that card. I played Division 1 on PS4 and enjoyed it at launch but once I plat'd the game I never touched it again. Heard it was fun again much, much later but it feels like one of those MMO type games where once you fall off for a few months, it becomes nearly impossible to return with so much new stuff (destiny 2 feels the same now).

I expect something similar with div2 but i'll be playing on PC this time i guess. zero hype, its just a game that scratches a loot grind itch for a while but isn't that memorable except for the fun times you have with friends which is really any co-op/pvp game

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Terrible release date. I was already concerned it was too close to Anthem for me to bother w/ The Division 2, and participating in the Anthem alpha hasn't changed my mind.

Unless Anthem launches with less content then vanilla Destiny, there's no way I'm picking up Division 2 at launch.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
If they make the necessary improvements, I'll bite for sure.

Good character creator/customization and a much better effort on story is the very least I expect considering the first will have been three years old when the second comes out.

If this is the exact same game in a different setting (which what we were shown seems to indicate, so far) I don't think I'll bother and go for Anthem instead.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
This was going to be my Spring game, but after diving into Anthem's full array of media and garnering impressions.... yeah, I can't do it. I only enjoyed the first Division marginally. In terms of a GaaS shooter, I think I'll be occupied.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
The snowy New York setting got boring pretty fast imo. With that being said, I would've liked if they could've pulled off a seasonal setting like FH4 or something like that.

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on if my crew will buy it. Liked the first one well enough and unless there are some unforeseen fuckeries in the game that means a pretty guaranteed sale.

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
fascist fever dreams, like all the other Tom Clancy properties. I'm surprised a Swedish studio is making it, but then again, SVD is somewhat popular there, so...

ExtinguirX

Nov 22, 2018
Pre-ordered. First game was a genuine cool and new experience, a special atmosphere no other game had. I hope the sequel has more mysteries... I don't want The Division to be transformed into a normal TPS. I know I'll be disappointed by the environment, I'm missing already snowy NY. And Ubisoft should get a better netcode...

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Completely uninterested. It's a sequel to a game I hated and thought was a complete waste of time. I also can't remember the last time I found a Ubisoft game fun, and this has given me zero reasons to think it will be different

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the original game for like...$8, and never took it out of the plastic. I still feel bad, but I just wasn't super excited about it.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Really looking forward to it, I had a ton of fun with the first one and I have a group of people now who might pick it up as well and do group content together with

Uzume

Oct 30, 2017
Played fair amount of the first one after they fixed most flaws of the game and I like it quite a lot.
That being said I'm not very happy about the direction likely going in The Dvision 2 so I'll wait a bit before making the decision.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
I like the first game. But I will probably wait until later in it's life to grab it. Destiny gives me what I need from that kind of game and I may possibly grab Anthem as well so I'm not overly interested in juggling 3 similar games at the same time.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just can't stand military or realistic shooters anymore. I will get my fill of shooty bang bang with Anthem through Origin Premier.