• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
He's adapted a ton just in the last year. I like what he says, I've read up on his past. His comments on BLM activist being treated 100% differently than the Capitol terrorists are spot on. It's a great first step for a new administration. Let's get covid under control and go from there. Let's not get cozy, he's not my friend and his admin works for us

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
While certainly not as progressive as I would have wanted, I think he is a genuinely good person who will do good things for the country.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
I think he actually wants to do the right thing even when he's seriously screwed up in the past but keeps trying to do better which is a huge step up from our previous treasonous criminal in chief.

I was encouraged to see him actually call them seditionists and terrorists when speaking about what happened at the Capital but I have yet to hear him really tear into their congressional supporters and collaborators inside law enforcement. He has to go after the members of congress and law enforcement who collaborated in this attempted coup.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A cog in the process that isn't evil. And given the Senate we ended up with, a cog that will not be in the way of anything, basically not the bottleneck. Any other President with the current Congress is pretty much looking at the same slate of possible legislation. Plus side is, Biden actually won and what evidence we have is others that were in line not winning.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Election time he didn't inspire anything in me. A call to unify when the other side continues making calls for division doesn't work. You don't meet in the middle with people who want to put your head on a spike and can't think logically.

He's made strides in some places and tiptoes in other places. I'll hold judgement to see how he handles things once in power, but he needs to take some hard stances more often. You don't negotiate with terrorists, and I'm hoping he's realized there's a lot of domestic ones right now.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, fine so far, and obviously a massive improvement.

but hes not even officially president yet. So we will see.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
i don't like him, shit history and even now after what happened, he's still on that bipartisan shit saying we need the republicans and work with them...

still, it's way better than what we had with trump, but don't except a lot to change soon... it's just gonna go back to the status quo... hopefully i'm super wrong

Oct 25, 2017
He was one of my last choices in the primaries, but I've been moderately impressed with his shift in policy and response to the pandemic. However his foreign policy and certain cabinet picks continue to remind me why he was never on my radar.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
He is fine. Really it doesn't matter much unless he vetoes progressive bills which he won't. The rest entirely depends on congress. The same would be the case if Bernie Sanders sat in that chair. The actual bombshell stuff would still require the democratic party to initiate it. So I think Biden is not gonna be an issue

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
He's a man of character but still probably too old and ill-equipped to deal with our modern problems like those that caused the rise of the alt-right.

Luckily, he will listen to the experts for the most part, but I don't expect needed radical change from him.
My exact feelings.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
He comes across as a nice guy but his political history is fucking vile. Crime Bill, Clarence Thomas hearings, friendship with segregationists, opposed bussing, folding like a deck of cards in negotiations with Mitch McConnell, and has voted for tons of terrible shit as a senator.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Too moderate for my tastes with a political career that I find to be extremely concerning. I'm fairly worried that he won't be tough enough and will put reaching across the aisle above actual progress leading to little meaningful change. Of course I can't see the future.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
He's as milquetoast as a white american president you could expect, which I guess for most people here is an improvement. I don't have much hope aside that he might be actually forced into action since the opposition is so batshit insane that his whole bipartisan shtick might not hold much water. But i'm also not about to forget how he treated black activists recently (as well as previous records), which makes me think he is equipped personally to handle those sorts of problems. I don't believe in the rhetoric that he is "more left than he actually shows". But I can at least think he'll listen to people and that the political landscape under him will be much much more manageable.

Thankfully it's the change in the senate and hopefully the grassroot movements in the US I am more hopeful of, and they have shown they can change the overton window

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think Americans think about our politicians in way too emotional ways.
I don't know Biden, I don't think I have any ability to judge the real personality of a politician (or any public figure really) based their public image.
I don't think it's matters anyway. I don't want a friend or someone who is fun to drink a beer in the white house, I ain't gonna get that anyway, I care about what he does.

If he does stuff that I like I would be happy.
If he does stuff that I don't like I would not be happy.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
He's not ready for this moment. He's never been ready for the moments his failing history has shown us, too.

I hope for radical change. He promised nothing fundamental would change. We'll see where he ends up sitting.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I have a lot of problem with his history--Crime Bill, Iraq, Corporate Stooge. But he's shifted left over time.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Kinda whatever. I don't think I've ever heard him say anything insightful, witty or original in his speeches. Just a cardboard cutout politician.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even a piece of cow shit looks pristine when compared to Trump. I'm hoping this is going to give us stronger Dem candidates in 4 years. We will see.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I used to joke after trump won too bad Mitch hadn't been made king. But yeah not my pick and he's basically a 90s republican as a moderate dem but a bit oh stabilization is nice

still upset it wasn't a major upset so the dem could split more to the left

why isn't there 25 more aocs in
The house?

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Lets see how he handles the first two months and see if he keeps his promises regarding student debt and relief for the people. Then i will decide.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
We'll see

Not particularly optimistic but he's not a malignant psychopath so there's that

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I voted for him, but ask me in a few years. I'm going to be as critical of him as I am of any other politician.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
His domestic policies may help Americans more but considering what he's said about Iran, China, Russia and North Korea I am concerned that he has little regards for foreigners' lives and will want to use force to maintain American hegemony.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
My feelings are irrelevant. I don't need a friend.

Policy wise, I don't expect really anything meaningful to pass and if it does i will be pleasantly surprised but I'm not holding my breathe.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like him at all, he's merely "not Trump" at the moment. He and his peers destroyed minority communities and lined pockets with their for profit policing gift in the 90s.

As for today's Biden? He has room to do good and I'll see how his presidency goes but he's at a deficit for me. His Civil Rights call didn't help LOL (yes boass you know what's good fo' us!) but I'll have my final opinion on him four years from now.

I wish he would take Elizabeth Warren's lead and just listen without the hubris. Why her empathy was overlooked and Biden can run with the empathy gimmick is beyond me.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I expect the same ol same fencesitting BS that will cost the Dems the Mid Terms.
And better than Trump is nothing to be measured against

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. Could be worse. I hope he steps up to the challenge. He's been selling "normalcy" his entire campaign, but normal (whatever that is now) is not going to cut it.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
Not acceding to Republican framing on the deficit is probably going to do more to "heal" the country than people realize. He's said as much this week about as well as he could have. For his sake, I hope he isn't reticent to use the bully pulpit when he needs to.