• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I honestly hate it. The combination of realistic model and textures, with stiff animations like in the Ark case, made it even worse.

I don't feel the uncanny valley effect very often with CG, but this is absolutely one of those cases where it's super strong. I remember seeing some Alien Isolation DLC with Ripley and it creeped me out.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
I tend to prefer it over the generic dudebro's that game designers come up with.

Quantum Break is a perfect example of where I think the game would actually be worst if they didn't use the likeness. It's just like movies, you hire an actor for their performance but also because their physical characteristics add to the overall vibe. Add in performance capture and it's a damn treat.

I feel like it's much harder to get into the thought of "being the character" if it's a face I've seen in other roles.

Films must confuse the heck out of you then. "Wait didn't he die on that ship, how is he here stealing blood diamonds!?"

I'm gonna assume this thread is in reference to cyberpunk and Keanu, in which case I'll say that the visual bugs and glitches etc are way more immersion breaking than seeing an actor in the game..

Last edited:

Deleted member 76797

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
I'm honestly surprised he hasn't appeared in a Call of Duty game at this point. Have him be a major selling point and character in a campaign and I will GLADLY pay for a Trey Kincaid, Soldierman/Scientist who invented his own gun to have infinite ammo, skin in the multiplayer!

"I....feel....GOOD."

bruce willis is a notoriously a giant asshole

OP
OP
Like the hat?

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
I tend to prefer it over the generic dudebro's that game designers come up with.

Quantum Break is a perfect example of where I think the game would actually be worst if they didn't use the likeness. It's just like movies, you hire an actor for their performance but also because their physical characteristics add to the overall vibe. Add in performance capture and it's a damn treat.

Films must confuse the heck out of you then. "Wait didn't he die on that ship, how is he here stealing blood diamonds!?"

I'm gonna assume this thread is in reference to cyberpunk and Keanu, in which case I'll say that the visual bugs and glitches etc are way more immersion breaking than seeing an actor in the game..
Its more that games are interactive. Movies are passive, I'm not putting myself into the role.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I find it a bit distracting. And it's so easy to be "off", which makes it even more distracting.

But only a bit. It's not a big deal.