• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Question is in the title. I gotta say, there's a pretty wide gap now. How are you feeling about it

Spazerbeam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I mean, it would be nice to have some fun new games to you around with but I don't ever see a situation where games influences what phone I buy. I still have my switch.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Considering it feels like you've got to flip a coin to see whether a Japanese mobile game is gonna release on both platforms or just iOS first, this certainly doesn't help.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Apple's usually gotten big titles before Apple Arcade. I suppose we'll see how much it matters based on how many people subscribe to Apple Arcade.

I can't see too many people ditching their Android phones for iPhones. Most people who want an iPhone have one and that's part of why Apple is launching so many subscription services.

That being said, I do hope if Apple Arcade is successful it pushes Google and the Android OEMs to compete. I know there have been rumors of a Play Store subscription, but we don't know too much about it.

Hopefully people are willing to pay for good mobile games again.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I hope it pushes some kind of subscription service to happen on android, that gaming landscape needs saving too.

Also developers have always not cared about android, this just makes the gap bigger. Anything worthwhile doesn't stay on iOS, it ends up on PC or something else down the line.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
the only games i play on mobile are puzzle bobble via fpse, hole.io and the flow games so it doesn't really bother me

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I still remain relatively uninterested in iOS gaming until we get emulators on the AppStore. Those are my biggest mobile timesinks anyway

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Isn't Google making a sub service too?

I only care about Clicker Heroes, so...

Ganado

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I never play on my phone. Some time away from the games doesn't hurt either way.

Nights

Oct 27, 2017
Really don't care. I have my switch for mobile gaming.

Android for whatever comes out I'm interested in for like 2 days then move onto better games on Consoles/PC

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
I remain not really interested in gaming on my phone, so this is a total non issue for me. I have a few decent games on my phone and never play them.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
User Warned - Low Effort Driveby
At the end of the day they're still mobile games so we all lose.

Lavatein

Sep 14, 2019
Mobile gaming is still an inferior way to play in my eyes, and Apple Arcade isn't enough to change my mind.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Apple arcade is meaningless to me, I don't like gaming on my phone or iPad other than an occasional touch based puzzle game. Plus, controller supports seems especially pointless other than if you own an Apple TV. Why would I use a controller plus phone or iPad instead of my Switch on the go or my pc or PS4 if at home?

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Android has always been shit about mobile gaming with those shovelwares, while iphone does the heavy lifting in terms of the quality for mobile gaming. I dont think anything has change. The gap is only widening

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't pay for mobile games, because they're always competing with what I could be playing on my home consoles, and when that happens they will always lose. So nothing really changed aside from Apple introducing a system where you pay to access some games I do not value.

As a result, i'll continue to only play free games on both android and my iPad for the few times in my life I feel the need to access them.

Oct 27, 2017
Emulation works a lot better and easier on Android so... While new titles are better on iOS. Legacy gaming is still much much better on Android.

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018
Not any different. I don't take phone gaming seriously as a platform since it's inherently touchscreen only. Plus I like my gatcha collecting games.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I have the iPad mini 5 and apple 4k tv for games (well for movies and TV really but I think apple arcade works here) so I have no interest in switching to apple phone. I don't really play games on my phone anyway so this wouldn't be a factor here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Apple's usually gotten big titles before Apple Arcade. I suppose we'll see how much it matters based on how many people subscribe to Apple Arcade.

I can't see too many people ditching their Android phones for iPhones. Most people who want an iPhone have one and that's part of why Apple is launching so many subscription services.

That being said, I do hope if Apple Arcade is successful it pushes Google and the Android OEMs to compete. I know there have been rumors of a Play Store subscription, but we don't know too much about it.

Hopefully people are willing to pay for good mobile games again.
There was already a beta for a Play Store subscription that includes both games and apps. It's nothing compared to Apple Arcade, though. I just upgraded to a new Android recently, but if Apple keeps pumping out quality titles for Arcade, I'll probably switch to an iPhone in a couple years.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
I feel great.

Still not getting an iphone.

Android just has a better phone ecosystem and it's emulation availability on phones is unmatched. I actually like google play achievements better and all the games I want I play the most are there. I have an ipad for tablet needs but I will be looking to get another tablet soon thou so most likely I will play some games there if anything.

Arcade sounds like a great service but at the moment getting it for me would just be gaming gluttony. I already have too many games across too many mobile devices to actually take advantage of it.

I have Android phone+3ds+PS Vita and backlog that wont go away for many years so I'm good.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
iPhone has always been better for gaming. I always used Android though, for a lot of reasons: getting a good Android phone doesn't cost me even close to 1000$, more open OS with more features I care about, and more customization for the UI. for gaming I use Switch, I can't play handheld without buttons.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
If you love using Android for your phone needs, you can always just get an iPad. There are a lot of pricing options for them depending on your budget.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
i pretty much have only loaded a game while taking a dump so not relevant to me i guess

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
The games I played on arcade are just the usual standard mobile games. Only one I enjoyed was assemble. I expect arcade will be a failure and forgotten about.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
After switching from Android to Apple, nothing beats Apple's Ecosystem.