• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Weeniekuns

Oct 27, 2017
You havent lived

fourlokoedited.jpg

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've never had one. Had a red bull once and it tasted like a battery. Black coffee is my anti-drug, but depending on an upcoming project, I might have to break down and get some.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I just quit them again, so I hate them. At least, that's what I tell myself.
But I want one.

I quite liked Rockstar Recovery and the Monster Rehab stuff. Otherwise, sugarfree Monster Ultra (white can) and Sugarfree Rockstars were good. Worst drink I've ever had was Rockstar cola though.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
in excess yes, plus sugar if you get the regular and not the diet ones. I'd stay away if you have liver problems due to excess vitamins. Niacin is the one that gives you thuat "tingling" effect.

Do the added vitamins and supplements actually work, at least in some capacity? Obviously them as notropics is bullshit (but then again, I am skeptical of Nootropics being snake oil).

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Do not get addicted to these. I used to need one every day to function. I would have an insane crash afterwards and it would make me feel completely depressed. Eventually they stopped even working for me and I would get heart palpitations. I'll honestly maybe never touch one every again in my life.

Oct 25, 2017
they're a weapon to kill the health of the working class, who are lured into drinking them by the promises of enough energy to sustain their 3 jobs then murdered by high blood sugar and caffeine intake

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
I stay away from these and coffee. Can't imagine drinking them daily. What does that end up costing a month I wonder.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I stay away from these and coffee. Can't imagine drinking them daily. What does that end up costing a month I wonder.

I drink coffee everyday. I buy the bulk stuff at Costco and make it strong af. 20 bucks a month roughly.

If you're one of the people that buy Starbucks every day (including weekends) then I can see that being over 150 bucks. More if you go to local shops.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah....my body feels absolutely shot.

Never again.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't actually notice a difference when drinking energy drinks so I only ever drink some when offered by other people.

Tea isn't that good for your teeth though :(. I love tea but can't be bothered drinking it anymore because of the precautions you need to take to avoid staining your teeth.

Welp, I guess I am throwing all of my tea out the window.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I've had all the sugar free ones and if you haven't had the rehab flavours you're missing out big time.
Well aside from the fact - don't get addicted like I was so on the other hand don't try them lol
The other flavours are as sweet as freezies blech

Oct 30, 2017
in 20 years they'll be considered health risks and our kids will look back at us like we did our parents and cigarettes. Shit fucks your body up.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry, dude. Sounds like a rough... night? I'm gonna guess you're over here. Just don't end up scalping fake tickets to your friends for more Cougar Boost.

It blows my mind some ADHDers are able to self Medicate with caffeine. It amazes me the world of difference that come with actual FDA approved medication versus shitty self medication.

Nos

Oct 27, 2017
You guys are fucking nuts.
Whole foods, coffe and water for me.. nothing else.

Oct 25, 2017
Do the added vitamins and supplements actually work, at least in some capacity? Obviously them as notropics is bullshit (but then again, I am skeptical of Nootropics being snake oil).
They might make the caffeine effect stronger, but also might be placebo (the tingling means it's working).
More and more research confirm that supplementation is bullshit and you derive most nutrients from a varied diet.

I still love my Rockstar, but the vitamin part is BS.
It blows my mind some ADHDers are able to self Medicate with caffeine. It amazes me the world of difference that come with actual FDA approved medication versus shitty self medication.
Also, that caffeine pills and powders are popular with young adults and weight lifting. That's way more dangerohus than drinking a Redbull to start your work day.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
They might make the caffeine effect stronger, but also might be placebo (the tingling means it's working).
More and more research confirm that supplementation is bullshit and you derive most nutrients from a varied diet.

I still love my Rockstar, but the vitamin part is BS.

Also, that caffeine pills and powders are popular with young adults and weight lifting. That's way more dangerohus than drinking a Redbull to start your work day.

Caffeine pills are the fucking worst. I tried that when I couldn't get stimulant medication, one hour of a mild motivation boost followed by the shittiest crash known to man. Fuck that.

And yeah, I can see where people would get the idea that Vitamin supplements have a positive impact on health, because the body simply functions better when it receives vitamins (b, C, D) and other substances (Naicin, Iron, and other essential amino acids). But it's a waste of money to buy stupid supplements when we all we need to do is just eat right.

Last edited:

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy them every so often. I like trying new flavors from time to time. When I can find it, I quite enjoy RX Energy from Arizona. Otherwise I may pick up either the red or the green Amp (I don't know their actual flavors off hand), but they're usually kind of pricey. And Monster has always tasted like chalk to me, so I avoid that when and if possible.

Zepp Twofist

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer coffee. Cheaper, more caffeine and I don't really like to drink sweet tasting things unless I'm hung over.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Used to drink a particular one when I was 16-18 for the taste (Mother Sugar Free)

Had one a couple years ago and was beaming lol. Noticed my pupils were dilated and effects felt like speed.

But would rather not... in simple terms they are yucky.

Can't beat the taste of a coffee.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Not really a energy drinker, I drank 2 red bulls sugar free just this month. What's the worse thing that could happen to me?

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't drink energy drinks specifically but these Starbucks doubleshot coffees are damn good

Oct 26, 2017
I don't need them, or stuff like 5 Hour Energy.

I work graves and never made drinking those things a habit. I'd drink one occasionally, but it would not have a good effect on me. I haven't had an energy drink in nearly 10 years, and that number will keep climbing.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Doctor told me they were a bad idea.
It's obvious it's not good for you but I stopped regularly drinking them post my doctor mentioning it.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Energy drinks are the skateboarding cousins of beer.

Assume they're just as bad for you--both in terms of your long-term health and immediate ability to function without embarrassing yourself in public--and drink responsibly, and there's no problem.

juicy

Oct 28, 2017
I recently saw a good friend of mine who I hadn't seen in over a year. He's a long haul trucker and says that when he's on the road (which is over 90% of the year) he'll finish off a 4 pack of sugar free Monster through the course of his driving day. He also keeps a piss jug in arms reach to minimize pulling over for pit stops. He knows his consumption is no bueno but says he cannot make it through a day without it.

He also looks like he aged around 10 years from just a year ago - but he blames that on the cigs...

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
I have one of them every month when I feel I'm not gonna make it to the end of the month. Before I took one every 2 days.