• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you feel about Among Us?

• Addictive! Play it every day.

Votes: 42 4.0%
  • Amazing!

Votes: 326 31.3%
  • Meh.

Votes: 135 13.0%
  • Never played it, but I've heard of it.

Votes: 418 40.2%
  • Absolute garbage.

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • What's Among Us?

Votes: 34 3.3%
  • A good game to play once and never again.

Votes: 74 7.1%

• Total voters

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Played it once for an hour and feel like I experienced all the game has to offer. Neat idea, but meh overall.

sca

Oct 25, 2017
We play on the weekends, but it's great fun. I likely wouldn't play with randoms though

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played it. I most likely won't play it. It's another game trend that will pass me by with just kind of a eyebrow raise and a shrug.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
Honestly it makes me a bit wistful for when I played a lot of TTT (Trouble in Terrorist Town) which is a Garry's Mod based version of Mafia that is more fully fleshed out and came out 10 years ago. I do enjoy the simplicity of Among Us, which makes it nice for popping in for a few games, especially the option to join on my phone.

Marnie

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
I played a few rounds solo. It was fun, but I don't feel the urge to play anymore. I imagine this would change if I had friends to play with.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
i can see what the appeal is. a large portion of my buddies on discord play it, but i just have no interest.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's hilarious. I've gotten several large groups together to play it, and had lots of good times. Though when someone actually gets angry, it certainly can ruin the fun.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Love to play with friends, not intereseted in playing with strangers. Even from the first session I felt that it has a limited shelf life, since at some point we will all start knowing well how others in the group play. But it's been so far always hilarious.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
It looks interesting... if you have friends. So I have to rely on streams to have some good laughs.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
None of those options really describes how I feel. I wouldn't call the game amazing, but it is pretty good. I don't play it everyday, but I'd certainly be up for playing it every now and then.

So I picked Meh. Seemed the closest to how I feel.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
Fun for a few rounds occasionally. In the poll I would fall between amazing and meh. I just think it's good.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
We had fun with it for a few hours and we never went back to it. To me it's far too repetitive and there's not enough tools given to any of the roles to make for an interesting experience in the long run. It's not bad though, it was an enjoyable experience but not one i really want to go back to.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly it makes me a bit wistful for when I played a lot of TTT (Trouble in Terrorist Town) which is a Garry's Mod based version of Mafia that is more fully fleshed out and came out 10 years ago. I do enjoy the simplicity of Among Us, which makes it nice for popping in for a few games, especially the option to join on my phone.

Yeeeeee, was about to say the same. TTT is probably my favorite "version" of these types of Hidden Role games but Among Us being the big thing right now absolutely is great for scratching that itch again. I loved TTT and this is just another good one for the pile (I also enjoy the hidden role tabletop games but obviously harder to do when many of your friends are all over the internet or around the world).

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Definitely a very novel and fun concept. It's not often a game appears where the whole way to win is to be able to talk and lie to other real people.
But, you spend around 80% of games as a crewman doing menial tasks, and the crewman role is nowhere near fun enough to sustain that much time.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
There isn't an "A nice game to play every now and then with friends" option.
My friends are playing it almost every day though, but I don't really like dedicating so much time to MP games.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
All these hugely popular online games just aren't for me, I'll never get the appeal. I mean I do get it, but it's just not for the type of person I am.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Most of my RL friends don't like the game unfortunately. I'm personally a huge fan of the game. Getting into heated discussions with others about why you're innocent or shouldn't be voted off/are the imposter makes for some memorable moments.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Definitely a very novel and fun concept. It's not often a game appears where the whole way to win is to be able to talk and lie to other real people.
But, you spend around 80% of games as a crewman doing menial tasks, and the crewman role is nowhere near fun enough to sustain that much time.
Being a crewmate becomes a blast if you play with people you know and a voice chat. You can now argue more easily and basically try to act like a detective. You have to find a balance between doing your task but not seeing much of what's going on and watching people (/cams) but appearing suspicious.

If you are playing with randos, yeah it's pretty uninteresting

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017
I see a lot of memes for it. I am amused. But I don't play games on my phone most of the time

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My girlfriend who is a remote teacher has been playing it with her students on Friday as an incentive to turn all their assignments in on time.

That said, her students are ECSTATIC to play it with her on fridays and she's seen a significant improvement on her submission rate because of it lol.

Oct 27, 2017
The one thread where if the title began with "Am I alone or..." would have made me laugh instead of cringe. Missed opportunity, oh well. My kid has been playing a Roblox knockoff of it, without the sudden un-micings in angst.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Yeeeeee, was about to say the same. TTT is probably my favorite "version" of these types of Hidden Role games but Among Us being the big thing right now absolutely is great for scratching that itch again. I loved TTT and this is just another good one for the pile (I also enjoy the hidden role tabletop games but obviously harder to do when many of your friends are all over the internet or around the world).

I used to love TTT, but i do find that amoung us having a focus on tasks encourages people to actually spread out and stay silent.

Alot of TTT can devolve into people just staying together in places not doing anything. Of course everyone having the ability to shoot and kill each other by accident can change that, but sometimes you get annoying groups of people

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really play multiplayer games with strangers or large groups that often.

Edit: Heck, it reminds me I still have a copy of The Ship sitting in my inventory from over a decade ago.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I could not possibly care any less about it.

I know people like it, and I am sure it is a good time. I am confident I will never play it. It may as well not exist to me.

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México
I LOOOOVE watching people play it, but I've never played it since multiplayer games are not my thing. I think is a really fun game to watch people play, it's hilarious.

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
I personally love it because I play with my core group of friends. Most of them are not (video)gamers, but we do enjoy play The Resistance board games a lot, and well Among Us is kinda that but online.

Me moving out of my hometowm due to a job + Pandemic was the perfect set of conditions for us to play this game.

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
Very entertaining game to watch stream. Don't have much desire to get a group together myself though.