• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Political ideologies are usually so intrinsic to how we are. It's not by sheer coincidence that my friends are all on the same spectrum as I am.

The few friends I have that aren't left like me, never bring it up and are generally not interested in it (even though they tend to believe in a lot of leftist ideologies when push comes to shove)

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Most people I know irl are a mix of left and right wing views, few are cartoony far left or right. Brexit in particular crossed all political lines. So mostly doesn't make much difference.

But full on crazy like op's case we probably wouldn't be friends unless I thought they were still capable of being saved (for want of a better word).

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I'd end the friendship. Not worth it.

I just tolerate right wing family members.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
When it's almost a given someone like that would have shitty views about trans, non-binary, LGBTQ folk, non-white people, etc... I don't see why anyone would want to put up with that bullshit.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
I can get along with almost anyone, and I respect people's differences, but I draw the line when it comes to behavior that is harmful.

Anyone who supports racist or bigoted ideology is no friend of mine.

Oct 28, 2017
This is what I do:

"Grandma don't start that mess"

"Yo Uncle Greg...not today"

"Shut the fuck up about that shit bro!"

60% of the time it works every time!

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
It's one thing if someone wants to quibble about a percentage on a tax rate or the best way to rollout a policy. But I don't associate with people who don't fundamentally agree that societies are responsible for helping all of their people.

Spiderhead

Banned
Aug 15, 2020
Canada
I talk with people and get to know them first before I become friends. If they change ideology they can generally fuck off. I don't need no anti vax, pro nazi bs in my life.