• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Even at full price, a PC/PS5/XBSX collection of the Ninja Gaiden games is guaranteed to sell well.

Ideally, it would contain the NES trilogy, every version of the Itagaki era reboot trilogy, and Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (for completion purposes).

More realistically, it would just be the Itagaki trilogy, each the "best" version.

I fear that this series is going to be lost to time if there isn't a collection/remaster at some point, and that would just be sad.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I mean, we got Xbox One X + Series S/X enhanced versions of Black and NG2 which is the best you could probably hope for.

If we got a Trilogy collection I have no doubt in my mind that it would be Sigma 1, Sigma 2 and Razor's Edge. I'd rather just play the enhanced versions of Black and NG2 tbh.

Water

The Retro Archivist
Oct 30, 2017
We did - on Super Nintendo.

Seriously though I really want to play Ninja Gaiden Black & 2 on PS4. I can finally throw my Xbox out after that

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Considering the games/series that have received collections already, it's kinda crazy we haven't seen one for Ninja Gaiden.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You're getting a Sigma trilogy for the PS4 and Switch I think. It was just rated.

On Xbox, you can just get Black, OG 2, and Razor's Edge and all are 4K (I think! Maybe not RE).

OP
OP
BossLackey

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Didnt one get rated by a review board recently?

also why does Yaiba never go on sale on Steam?

Just found this.

www.cinelinx.com

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy Listed on Retail Website

Another day, another videogame series compilation is accidentally added to a retail website before it is officially announced. Today, the internet dug up a listing for Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy on…

"Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy Listed on Retail Website"

Dear god I hope this is true.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It'll get revealed alongside the Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster and the Zelda collection next year.

... Along with that Silent Hill game I keep getting teased about.

Deleted member 76797

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Just found this.

www.cinelinx.com

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy Listed on Retail Website

Another day, another videogame series compilation is accidentally added to a retail website before it is officially announced. Today, the internet dug up a listing for Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy on…

"Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy Listed on Retail Website"

Dear god I hope this is true.

unfortunate that its gonna be sigma 1+2 but ill take it regardless. sigma 2 is just so bad compared to the original.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
That's almost certainly already happening given that leak, probably would have already been announced too if not for Covid. I also think it's pretty likely that'll be the leadup up to a Ninja Gaiden 4 announcement.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Ninja Gaiden Black remade at 4k/60 with a working camera would be an actual perfect game.

NGB runs at or near 4K/60 on the One X and Series X and NG2 does as well I believe.

I was playing NG2 a couple days ago and it was so crisp and smooth that it was hard to follow what was going on.

The camera though...Still a big yikes!

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
i don't want anything that isn't a remaster of black, because anything else would get fucked up somehow

don't give me sigma

don't give me a remake

just re-release the old game with a new coat of paint

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
either tecmo believes Sigma versions are genuinely best or there's something legally in the way of re-releases. bummer either way

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
NGB on Xbox One X/Series X is 4K/60fps and runs pretty much flawlessly.I have no confidence in a remaster being any better than that. I played about halfway through it a year or so ago and other than some wonky camera work that was always an issue and a few cheap enemy encounters, it was just as perfect as I remembered it. EASILY holds up today. One of the best action games of all time.

Edit: just saw who posted this ;p

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Before we get into too heavy of a debate of sigma vs regular versions, I'll just say I would be happy to have any version of the 7th gen NG games available on PC.

OP
OP
BossLackey

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
NGB on Xbox One X/Series X is 4K/60fps and runs pretty much flawlessly.I have no confidence in a remaster being any better than that. I played about halfway through it a year or so ago and other than some wonky camera work that was always an issue and a few cheap enemy encounters, it was just as perfect as I remembered it. EASILY holds up today. One of the best action games of all time.

Well you know me. I just don't have a reason to buy an Xbox of any kind at the moment. Didn't this gen (yet). Didn't last gen. Not since the 360. But I dooooooo really want to play NGB again. THE best character action game ever made. Maybe I'll get one on sale or something.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
"ninja gaiden" has to be one of the biggest legacy IPs in gaming, bizarre to me KT leaves it dormant like they do

er, well i say that but maybe there's 10 different crappy mobile NG games in china or some shit

Oct 25, 2017
i don't want anything that isn't a remaster of black, because anything else would get fucked up somehow

don't give me sigma

don't give me a remake

just re-release the old game with a new coat of paint
As said in the quote below, you can play NGB on xbox at 4k 60 and it looks and runs insane. NG2, also. And you can just use your old disc. I think NGB was even on game pass for a long ass time, if it isn't still now.

Having said that though, i'd love for these games to be on PC so i don't have to keep an xbox one around.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I think Itakagi name is kind of attached to the franchise same with DOA. The interest is lost after NG3 being poorly received and its own revised version didn't save much of it neither. Kind of want a super high end remake of part 1 and maybe 2 like demon souls. Doubt that they can make anything on par.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I think Itakagi name is kind of attached to the franchise same with DOA. The interest is lost after NG3 being poorly received and its own revised version didn't save much of it neither. Kind of want a super high end remake of part 1 and maybe 2 like demon souls. Doubt that they can make anything on par.

Well it's not completely lost, they have mentioned thinking of going back to NG after completing Nioh... 2.... 's dlcs...

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
As said in the quote below, you can play NGB on xbox at 4k 60 and it looks and runs insane. NG2, also. And you can just use your old disc. I think NGB was even on game pass for a long ass time, if it isn't still now.

Having said that though, i'd love for these games to be on PC so i don't have to keep an xbox one around.

not getting an xbox for one game, tho being able to use my old disc does make it kinda tempting lol

but putting it on pc would solve that problem forever

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
NGB runs at or near 4K/60 on the One X and Series X and NG2 does as well I believe.
I believe the resolution is 2560x1920, so a 4x multiplier of the original 640x480 resolution. So still a bit shy of native 4K (especially on the horizontal) but close enough for most not to notice.

Would be nice if they bumped the resolution multiplier up to 6x, that way we'd get a native 3840 on the horizontal axis and a bit of super sampling on the vertical but I'm not sure if that's actually possible.