• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
This skit has been controversial to say the least -- I won't ruin it by trying to type it up, if you've seen it you know what it is, if you haven't then please watch this

www.youtube.com

World's Most Evil Invention - SNL

One mad scientist (Dwayne Johnson) goes farther than the others (Kyle Mooney, Sasheer Zamata, Beck Bennett) to win a contest for most evil invention.Subscrib...

My thoughts -- it was hilarious and way darker than SNL has gone in a very long time, the white castle ending was meh but the actual performances, and Dwayne's straight-faced delivery, and confusion at why nobody else actually gets the concept of 'true evil', I think it's genius. How about ya'll sensitive souls.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
It gave me a lot of respect for The Rock as an actor to agree to a sketch like that. I think him being one of the most beloved Hollywood personalities undercuts its effectiveness, but too often SNL is hampered by its hosts saying no to anything against image.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
The performance of every other person apart from the Rock makes me cringe so hard I could burst.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
perpetuates a pretty harmful stereotype that people who are molested become child molesters themselves. No joke, that's a huge part of why lots of men never come forward, because of this assumption that if you were sexually abused, you'll abuse other people.

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
Gotta say I've never seen it before, but I thought that was great. It's an incredibly dark sketch but The Rock manages to sell it really well. I can get why some would find it harmful though.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
What even is white castle? It sounds like a nationalist/racist organisation. I don't know why they would be selling sandwiches.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Is this going to be the first SNL thing to make me laugh since Kellywise the clown...?

No.

It's shite, just like the rest of it.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen it. But i like this dark humor.
Made me laugh at least.

Not sure they if they were able to find a good ending.
Didn't understand the White Castle part

Last edited:

Jyester

Oct 27, 2017
Unless this is a response to some White Castle controversy that I am unaware of, it came off as pretty toothless. The Rock is funny enough, but while the skit seems to be building to something, it instead just ends.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The punchline at the end is weak and the entire skit goes on for way too long.

Even for shock value comedy, it's not well done. It's like a family guy skit performed by community college theatre.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
The Rock was brilliant, but the rest of the cast wasn't even good at being cheesy. Also, I think the skit peaked when he explained how he built the robot. Good one overall, though.

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
That was great.

As someone that isn't from the US is there a link between Child Molestors and White Castle or something?

miscellaneous houseplant

self-requsted ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This felt like the first rehearsal of the first draft of a better joke. It almost seemed like it was going somewhere when Mussolini gets mentioned, but then it ends on White Castle for the sake of randomness.

Futurama's version of this joke was funnier and more succinct:

Xin_Eohp

Apr 28, 2018
Subway would have been a better choice with the Jared Fogle controversy, White Castle just make it random.