• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
Advantage. Iv used a LOT of different methods, including a ton of home remedies on dozens of different cats and kittens and really Advantage is the only consistent method that i found to work. If you only have one cat then bite the bullet and buy a 6month supply (and make sure its 6 months. in my expereince when they say "good up to 6 weeks" its more like 3-4). By that time the kitty and house should be flea free. Dont forget to vacuum routinely as well and regular combings to make kitty comfortable.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Frontline worked for me. I just buy the really big dog version and just measure out the dosage for the animals that need to be treated. Works great and a bit more economical if you have multiple animals.
Do not do this. Flea medicine for dogs can and will kill cats. Only get flea treatment for your specific animal, and only from your vet. My fiance has been a vet tech at an emergency clinic for over 7 years, I've heard so many horror stories.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Advocate by Bayer is the one I have found to work the best.

Have had cats and dogs all my life and don't have issues, just keep up with the treatment. I have skipped it on my Bichons (my partner hates the stuff) for a few months and like clock work they got infested very quickly.

Never had a need to treat the house but I heard Indorex works well if you feel it's required but I believe after a couple of months advocate will have killed everything in your house.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
make sure you do the worming stuff too. If we don't do that semi-regularly our cat goes crazy begging for food.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Advantage works a treat. I'd tried several different flea treatments for my cats before that and none worked, after using it I've had no issue whatsoever. Also used Indorex spray for the house. As you probably know you need to wash and treat anywhere your cats go inside too, do that and use Advantage spot-on every month and that should get rid of the bastards.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
You're going to have to de-flea your house too as well as using something like frontline. Cats don't like having the treatment because it irritates their skin, and they'll hate you for a day or so afterwards, but the fleas should die off, unfortunately, any eggs in carpets won't be dead - so if you can get flea bug bombs and do the entire house. Obviously with making the proper precautions on the instructions.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Bombing the house is not fun but with carpets you don't have a choice.

I remember getting up from my bed in the morning and having the flies immediately jump on my calves.

My cats went outside, but the little drops on shins from the vet worked quite well.