• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Like seriously, I can't figure this out.

On the store, only Aftermath (free dlc), MK11 (base game) and Aftermath (paid add-on) come up. Isn't there a way to jump in with some kind of complete edition and have everything? On amazon I found the 'aftermath kollection' but for the life of me I can't find that on the PS Store?

Also, there are multiple listings at completely different prices.

Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection for PlayStation 4 | PS4 - DOWNLOAD CODE: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Buy Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection for PlayStation 4 | PS4 - DOWNLOAD CODE from Amazon.co.uk. Everyday low prices on a huge range of consoles, games and accessories.

Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection for PlayStation 4: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Buy Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection for PlayStation 4 from Amazon.co.uk. Everyday low prices on a huge range of consoles, games and accessories.

What's the difference? I really don't get it.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Yo, that Skarlet Skin is sick
mortal_kombat_11_ultimate__time_warriors_skin_pack_by_venom_rules_all_de6kpzj-fullview.jpg

OP
OP
Alek

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
OP
OP
Alek

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Get it on PS4 then. There'll be a physical release. And you can upgrade it to play on PS5 later for free.

Is that upgrade going to be via a disc? Just curious because I actually want the all digital PS5. Hopefully they add the MK 11 Ultimate edition to the PS4 store soon? I can't see it at the moment.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wait another year for like the Ultimate gold version or something.

Street Fighter isn't even this fast with putting out new versions.

Jan 11, 2018
Is that upgrade going to be via a disc? Just curious because I actually want the all digital PS5. Hopefully they add the MK 11 Ultimate edition to the PS4 store soon? I can't see it at the moment.

Yeah. You'd need the disc in that case. But if you buy "MK11 Ultimate" digitally on PS4 you should be able to upgrade that into a digital PS5 copy.

mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com

Mortal Kombat 11 – PlayStation 5 FAQ

Table of Contents PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 Upgrades What versions of Mortal Kombat 11 are upgrade compatible? What benefits are included in the upgraded version on PS5? What happens with my c...

If you purchased Mortal Kombat 11 digitally on your PS4. You will see the Mortal Kombat 11 PS5 license added to your game library on the PS5 console. It can be downloaded from the library section.

OP
OP
Alek

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. You'd need the disc in that case. But if you buy "MK11 Ultimate" digitally on PS4 you should be able to upgrade that into a digital PS5 copy.

mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com

Mortal Kombat 11 – PlayStation 5 FAQ

Table of Contents PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 Upgrades What versions of Mortal Kombat 11 are upgrade compatible? What benefits are included in the upgraded version on PS5? What happens with my c...

Kind of crazy how complicated this is to be honest. Like there's technically 6+ versions of the game you could buy, and if you buy the wrong one you can end up having to re-buy it all over?

Regular Physical
Digital Digital
Aftermath Kollection Digital
Aftermath Kollection Physical
Aftermath DLC (if you have the base game)
Ultimate Digital
Ultimate Physical

Thanks though. Yeah I'll get MK11 Ultimate Digitally. I don't think it's on the store right now but I need to wait for it to release anyway so that's no big deal.

Kind of silly you can't buy and play ultimate right now though, to be honest... like they now have a 40 day period where there's no 'good' entry point into their franchise? You should be able to buy ultimate now, and just receive the content as it comes, particularly as they saw fit to remove the 'kollection'.

I feel like someone in their marketing department needs to rethink this whole process. At least they're being good with the free upgrade stuff though, so you can't complain about them ripping anyone off...

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018
Kind of crazy how complicated this is to be honest. Like there's technically 6 versions of the game you could buy, and if you buy the wrong one you can end up having to re-buy it all over?

I don't think it's as complicated as it sounds.

Base Game

DLC:
- Kombat Pack 1 (6 Additional Characters)
- Aftermath Expansion (Expanded Story Mode + 3 Additional Characters)
- Kombat Pack 2 (3 Additional Characters)

As far as physical releases go, you have the three to choose from:
- the original 2019 release (granted, there were Premium editions and what not with some minor additional DLC benefits)
- Aftermath Kollection (North America only, includes Kombat Pack 1 and the Aftermath Expansion DLC)
- the upcoming Ultimate edition (includes everything released so far)

You can safely ignore everything that is not Ultimate at this point. Had you bought Aftermath last month for example, you would only have been required to buy Kombat Pack 2 to get up to speed. While all these releases have different subtitles, it's the same SKU but bundled with different amounts of DLC.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's as complicated as it sounds.

Base Game

DLC:
- Kombat Pack 1 (6 Additional Characters)
- Aftermath Expansion (Expanded Story Mode + 3 Additional Characters)
- Kombat Pack 2 (3 Additional Characters)

As far as physical releases go, you have the three to choose from:
- the original 2019 release (granted, there were Premium editions and what not with some minor additional DLC benefits)
- Aftermath Kollection (North America only, includes Kombat Pack 1 and the Aftermath Expansion DLC)
- the upcoming Ultimate edition (includes everything released so far)

You can safely ignore everything that is not Ultimate at this point. Had you bought Aftermath last month for example, you would only have been required to buy Kombat Pack 2 to get up to speed. While all these releases have different subtitles, it's the same SKU but bundled with different amounts of DLC.
It gets a bit more complicated if you already have the base game. I have the base game and KP1, so it sounds like paying $40 for Aftermath (even though it includes KP1?) and $15 for KP2 or buying the Ultimate Edition physically, but not digitally, are my options.

The fact that there's the $40 Aftermath and not simply just three season passes like every other fighting game that makes it more confusing.

OP
OP
Alek

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
It gets a bit more complicated if you already have the base game. I have the base game and KP1, so it sounds like paying $40 for Aftermath (even though it includes KP1?) and $15 for KP2 or buying the Ultimate Edition physically, but not digitally, are my options.

The fact that there's the $40 Aftermath and not simply just three season passes like every other fighting game that makes it more confusing.

I have the base game on my Canadian account. So that made it extra complicated for me, as first I had to figure out if it was actually worthwhile logging back in, buying some Canadian PSN credit from an online seller and then going from there.

I don't really want to keep using the CA PSN account though because when I log into my British account it messes up some of the DLCs and stuff sometimes. Like in CTR:NF I can't buy anything (even though I don't want to anyway).

I don't think it's too too complicated on the whole though but I think the switch between the Kollection and the Ultimate Edition should have been seemless. My confusion resulted from searching the store and finding no way to buy the complete copy of the game.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019

For people like us it's awful. I have to basically pay another $60 for 6 characters. So, I'll have to miss out on aftermath most likely and just get kp2

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
For people like us it's awful. I have to basically pay another $60 for 6 characters. So, I'll have to miss out on aftermath most likely and just get kp2
Yeah, right? That's part of what was confusing for me. So basically if I want Aftermath I spent that $20 on KP1 for nothing lol. Weird that they don't seem to have an upgrade option for people who already got KP1.

Seems like buying Ultimate Edition is just the least confusing of all the options.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Yeah, right? That's part of what was confusing for me. So basically if I want Aftermath I spent that $20 on KP1 for nothing lol. Weird that they don't seem to have an upgrade option for people who already got KP1.

Seems like buying Ultimate Edition is just the least confusing of all the options.
Whatever. As long as I can get rain, it's whatever. I've waited 5 years for this goon

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
So, assuming I'm willing to pay MSRP instead of waiting for a price drop, and don't really care about Kombat Pack 2, is the MK11 Aftermath Kollection the best bet at $40 at GameStop? I think Kombat Pack 2 is the only difference between the Aftermath and Ultimate physical releases, since all versions receive the free next-gen upgrade. I can also chose to add KP2 later at $15, so the total would be $40 + $15 = $55, instead of $60 for the Ultimate edition. Am I understanding this correctly?

Also, the MK11 Ultimate FAQs notes that owners of the physical Aftermath Kollection have to redeem the paper code voucher to access the upgraded version. There was a PS5 upgrade code included that early when these games were shipping out? Or do they mean they're using it a check to make sure you didn't buy it used and/or the Aftermath Kollection includes the base MK11 disc with the DLC on a voucher? I'm confused.