• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I work for an accounting firm.

On the staff level, we're pretty diverse, in race, nationality, and gender.

On the managerial level, a lot of that diversity disappears; exclusively white men and women.

The partners are all old white dudes.

Equal opportunity apparently means everyone gets equal opportunity to be a grunt on the ground floor. Who'd a thunk it?

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I work in an emergency department and I'd say it's extremely diverse. Probably more so than just about any other workplace in my city (which historically is considered not very diverse).

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I'd say fairly diverse. The majority does seem to lean caucasian but I think it's a good mix of culture. We do have a large LGBT community here.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Mostly white with some black and Hispanic employees with mostly being middle to old age

All the higher ups are white and male usually older age too

Ironically our IT department is most diverse with white, black, Hispanic, Vietnamese and Indian (myself included)

I am one of the youngest in the entire company too

2nd youngest in the IT department - I am in my early 30s along with the youngest and everyone else is 40+

Gender wise I would say it's 65% male and 35% female
—-

This is completely opposite with my last job where the higher ups were Indian and young to middle age with majority of employees being white in their 20s and most of them were...really into video games, anime and stuff that I usually see more often on the internet

Gender wise I would say...55% male and 45% female

It was a shitty call center job so no surprise I guess

Last edited:

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The current group in my office is:

White guy (Me)
White guy (Boss)
White guy (Guy who shares our office space)
Half white half Japanese guy (Trainee guy)

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty diverse, which you wouldn't expect from a place that mostly does DoD stuff.

In my last meeting, there were:
1 Puerto Rican man (myself)
2 black women (one of whom is program manager)
2 openly lesbian white women
1 black man
1 Asian man
4 white men
3 white women

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I work for the largest media company in the USA. Our local office, on the programming / talent end, is probably 90% white. Sales is probably 80% white. Management is 100% white. It's pretty bad.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Current site has six employees, three white men, one Hispanic man and woman, and one black man. Honestly, not that bad for construction management. I've had other sites be fully white males.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the only black person there.
Out of 20 or so employees, only 4 people of color.
My office's version of diversity is mainly hiring (white) women and having a "girl boss".
So as far as they're concerned, mission accomplished.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
It obviously kind of depends on the local area doesn't it? My employer matches the local level of diversity fairly equally.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Hm, my team consists of
5 germans, 1 Egyptian ,1 Romanian, 2 Serbians, 1 Russian, 1 Bulgarian, 1 Chilean, 1 South African, 1 Chinese, 1 Spainard.

The Male-Female split is 10-5, which is alright for IT, I guess.

Edit: I don't know any numbers from the rest of the company, but outside of IT we are way less diverse when it comes to ethnicity, but the male-female ratio pretty much reverses.
IT is also the only english speaking team, the rest of the company speaks german when working.

Last edited:

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I am the third black person on my team. There is also an asian guy. The company is huge and pretty much 90% white people.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2 Blacks, 2 Whites, surrounded by Republican Asians LoL. I laugh and smh whenever politics come up. One coworker was confused why a White co-worker would vote for Obama.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Videogame studio in NZ here, with about 137 employees give or take

Gender: ~76% male, 24% female, some trans staff, gender balance improving over time, though very top level management are all male (and white males at that)
Ethnicity: about 65% Caucasian
Culturally: mostly NZers, probably around 65%, but about 20 countries represented overall including China, Malaysia, South Africa, Philippines, US, UK, Panama, Argentina...
Politically: mostly fall between Progressive to Centrist
Sexuality: unsure, but anecdotally aware of a range of sexual orientations
Religion: unsure, but would guess almost all atheist, with a small handful of Christians

We have a small Diversity and Representation committee of volunteers to discuss related issues and opportunities in our studio, games, and fanbase, and are at the point of firming up some things to take things further, including getting neurodiversity into the conversation. Pretty happy with the way our content has been able to include a lot of diversity and representation over the last couple of years.

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
Diversity efforts usually mean, "we'll hire a bunch of Asians and say we've hired people if color" while still not hiring Black and Latino people.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Our company is about 15 people, all male (construction so not surprising), none white (maybe also not surprising?). A mixture of mexican, salvadorian, guatemalan, and one iranian.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Pretty diverse. I work in IT, and we have women, men, various ethnicities, and sexual orientations. I work in Northern Virginia which is a melting pot of cultures, so that helps.

Shambala

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Over 100 of us at the moment 3 of us are black and the others are Hispanic or white 🤷‍♂️. It's normal in my craft to be this way though.

DJGolfClap

Avenger
Apr 28, 2018
Vancouver
Out of 1100 employees in our head office, I am one of only 2 transgender people, and the other is a contract employee. Pretty far to go, there.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
My engineering department kinda shirks the stereotypes. We got a lot of gender diversity but barely any racial diversity. Rest of the company is more diverse though