• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized that I'm the only nonwhite person in this entire small startup office of like, 15 people. Just curious what about you all?

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm the only black guy in an office of around 50. Almost all white, with a few middle eastern or Indian co-workers.

Such is life in tech in Seattle.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Nearly 150 staff on one site and we have 2 non white members of staff. I only really noticed it when we had an away day a couple of months ago and there was a office photo organised.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
In our office of 10, I am the only non-white person.

On our entire team of like 25 people, I am one of two non-white people.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Its pretty diverse i would say. I work at a mediatec warehouse in sweden. Got a black woman who has french roots, my boss is african american, one of the co workers i work closest with is from Iran who moved here about 4 years ago. Also got 2 brothers who grew up in Munich, Germany. One manager is also from Belgium.

Also got a guy from England working in service.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
When I had a job, navy folk were very diverse, we actually had a majority minorityness if that makes sense, but the Air Force was HWHITE as hell. They had 2 black guys, two asians and like 85 white people and about 10 Hispanics.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
12 people
10 women / 2 men

Ethnicities: Dutch, Bosnian, Albanian, Italian, Indonesian

Only two men: me and the boss. The rest female :D

Deleted member 59245

Banned
Aug 15, 2019
California
I'm the only person under 30 at my work. Different type of diversity, but still. It sucks.

EDIT: Actually just remembered we hired a new girl in her 20s, she hasn't started yet. Finally someone I can talk to about millennial things like avocado toast, and being poor.

Otherwise, it's mostly Hispanic and Asian. I think I'm the whitest person here. I think one other guy might be white? His name is pretty white but I don't know.

Last edited:

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
I work in IT and it's actually pretty diverse !
On my team of 7 seven people, my boss is a woman, one is Cameroonian, two are Algerian, one is half Caribbean and two including me are white.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat diverse. If we're talking the entire branch of the company in this town, its pretty diverse. Less diverse if we're talking about just the developers here but not dire.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Fairly diverse, and it's gradually become moreso over the years.

Women are a little underrepresented but of the 12 of us there are four white dudes. The remainder are from a pretty wide range of countries in Africa, Asia, the middle east, etc, though only four are women.

Once you get outside of our group and outside our department the mix is going to vary wildly (especially if you delve into nursing).

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in tech, so we're probably 30% White 30% Indian 30% Hispanic 10% Black. Our main diversity issue is we're 90% Men 10% Women :|

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Out of a staff of about 70 there are only 5 people of color. Granted I live in a very white community as a whole.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I can't speak for my entire company, because it's over 100,000 people, but here in my department (Advanced Engineering) we have a very diverse set of employees, from all around the world.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I work at home and have never met my coworkers in person.

At my old job it was 90% white and 75% male (tech company).

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
About 80 people at my company. While white dudes are the majority it's not by much. There's a split of maybe 40/60 women and men then I'd say about 40% white then the rest are people from all over the world. It makes our Thanksgiving get together pretty bad ass. So many different types of food.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Im white and work in a hospital in newark, NJ. It's very diverse with there probably being a slight majority of black individuals.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
My Post Office is in a predominantly white town, and has only a handful of nonwhite employees, but 85% of our carriers, 66% of our supervisors, and 50% of our clerks are women.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The last place I worked was a non-profit, and it was like 90% women, and maybe 40% white.

It was probably the least-stressful place I've ever worked, too.

Oct 25, 2017
Very diverse. On my small team white people are the minority (3 of us, including myself) and I'd say the department as a whole is split 50/50. Incredibly different from when I lived in Seattle and even DC.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm one of 3 white people in a office holding 40 people. I don't really think about it though. It's just a mix of fun co workers.

But the building we are in is majority white people.

Deleted member 4552

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My last job was mostly "white" as Americans would say but actually super diverse.

Almost everyone was a foreigner in my final team, from all around Europe and South America.
Maybe you'd call those ones Hispanics though, I've no idea of your rules.

There was too much grouping up by the Russians Brazilians and Poles though, they were the least likely to mix socially because they had the largest group and a desire to use native languages more.

When you're the Lithuania guy you go for lunch with your Estonian friend and you speak English.

Nowadays I'm in Japan so I am the diversity even if I sort of also was in my home country.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
There are more women then men working in my department (and a couple LGBT folks), but zero people of color. About 1,000 people work here, maybe 15 in my department.

My last employer also had no people of color and no women in positions other than secretaries and low-level graphic designers (at a newspaper).

I live in Kentucky.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty diverse as far as gender and ethnicity overall but we live in a diverse city so that's why.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Entirely male outside of the receptionist. White management, generally 50+, though my boss is mid 30s. The rest of us are fairly culturally diverse. It could and should be better.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
If we're talking the entire company... pretty damn diverse. If we're talking my department? Not at all.

Oct 27, 2017
White guy is the supervisor but he's a dark skinned Italian so I don't know if he really counts since most people probably think he's Mexican from a quick glance. I'm Puerto Rican, and there's 2 Black guys. A white Irish lady is the Manager.

Oct 27, 2017
White as far as the eye can see. I can only think of a handful of other races in a company of around 700 people. As for gender, probably fairly evenly split, although my department is very male dominated.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Very diverse. We always rank in the to 5 in the nation in our field. San Francisco Area so that is not uncommon here.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
About 40 people, law office. One Latina in billing (who I was partially responsible for hiring). Everyone else is white. We do have a good mix of women though, including attorneys. There's more women than men total, though there's more men than women attorneys.