• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HaloForzaGuy

Nov 11, 2017
As huge and successful as the title already is, surely this would have been the leap that was expected?

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
If I had to guess they probably will add 120fps mode down the line maybe by next year hopefully

Fortnite 120fps mode on iPad Pro and PC looks and feels so good

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
I was wondering if it has to do with the move to unreal 5 next year.
Maybe they're planning an upgrade to fidelity but not certain that will be able to maintain 120fps if they added it now?

Who knows though? Maybe later?

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
"only"

While 120fps mode would be great, don't you need a special tv for it and aren't those really rare and pretty expensice at this point?

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I've downloaded Fortnite on my Series S, and I've been a bit disappointed to be honest. I didn't feel the next-gen leap showcased in the RTX videos and such, and thought the game almost looked better on my Switch with less visual noise.

But maybe Fortnite isn't X/S Enhanced yet?

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
4K and Ray-Tracing is such a waste for a battle royale game when a high framerate adds so much more to the experience.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
How long until more than 5% of the player base has a TV that can output 120FPS, five years? Ever?

Edit: Just to be clear, I play at 144HZ on PC, so I'm not trying to be contrarian. I'm just talking about the supply and demand from the TV/console market.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
I could imagine 120 fps showing up down the line; maybe with UE5, maybe when PS5 gets VRR, maybe next season.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
How long until more than 5% of the player base has a TV that can output 120FPS, five years? Ever?
This.

I get that some of y'all wanna make use of your awesome 120hz VRR TVs (or monitors) - myself included.

But i'd be more than happy if this gen (prior to a mid-gen upgrade) manages to do 4k60 in most games.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Fortnite looks real bad on PlayStation 5, the draw distance is greater and resolution higher but the lod changes are so abrupt that things just pop in around you

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
They already said that this is only the start of next gen updates for Fortnite, 120 probably required more QA

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
All three consoles are clearly capable of supporting a 120fps mode and there's bound to be demand for it, so I can definitely see it coming in time. I will admit to being surprised it wasn't there in the initial next gen patch.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
Epic is constantly pushing their engine by dogfooding with Fortnite, give it time, we are barely starting the generation.

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
They'll add it for sure.
The Fortnite support is pretty insane. It gets updates all the time

Having said that, my PS5 is connected to a 4K/60hz monitor, so I don't really need a 120fps mode