• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Even though I started The Walking Dead Telltale series earlier this year, I never finished it and decided to hold off until this came out. It's been a month since release and no major publication has given this an in-depth review. From what I have seen/read is that there are still some glitches from the base versions still present, the new visual filter is hit or miss, and the PS4 version was broken on Day 1. Also it sounds like all the licensed music is included minus a song for 400 Days. Anyone have this and care to share impressions? I know PC is probably the best/safest choice for this but I'm tempted to get for PS4 but don't even know what the performance is like. I really hate Epic Games Store's lack of a review system like Steam. ._.

Metacritic
PC https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-walking-dead-the-telltale-definitive-series
PS4 https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-walking-dead-the-telltale-definitive-series
Xbox One https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/the-walking-dead-the-telltale-definitive-series

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing it at the moment on PS4. Only just completed the first season so can't vouch for the whole thing, but it's been fine so far. Had a visual bug in the next time segment for episode 3, but it was just a next time segment so no big deal.

I've played the first two seasons before—the first on iOS and PS4. Haven't really noticed any major differences from those.

TKG

Apr 26, 2018
Istanbul, Turkey
I have it on my PlayStation 4 Pro and visual wise, it's pretty buggy. I encountered some gameplay bugs too but they were pretty small and didn't bother me. Also, I didn't have any performance-related issues.

Graphic Black thing is not good. The Final Season was using Graphic Black but it also had better textures and overall graphics compared to other seasons. Currently, I'm playing the second episode of the third season, finished the first and second season and Graphic Black didn't impress me because the first three seasons (and probably Michonne too) has still low-quality overall graphics and the new style doesn't look good on these conditions. If you check settings for each season, you can disable the Graphic Black but I didn't do that, so I don't know how the game looks without it.

Other than Graphic Black, The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series has gameplay videos for each season's first episode with devs and voice actors/actresses. I don't know if you can find them online but they're nice to watch. Also, every season's character models are in the game too if you want to check them and there're some easter eggs in there.

OP
OP
Princess Bubblegum

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Sucks to hear that there are still some graphical glitches. I've heard the interface still favors PC so I may just get that version, though I'd really like to see some impressions for it. Fuckin' EGS exclusivity.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
I had a really big bug in Episode 3 I think of Season 2. There was two sections of gameplay with literally a black screen and only button prompts, it lasted for probably 10-15 mins.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
Although it's a minor nitpick I can't believe they only gave it 1000 achievement points on Xbox when the previous walking dead collection had 4000.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Although it's a minor nitpick I can't believe they only gave it 1000 achievement points on Xbox when the previous walking dead collection had 4000.

I need to play this series and complete it. On 360 I played the first 3 chapter of season 1 and dropped it.

Bought this a year ago for $15 for a sometime play through. Or should I finish the 360 run first.

In anticipation, I downloaded everything on game pass thinking the disc was a container only to realize now the 1000 versus several thousand achievement lists .

Was recently browsing my library.

I just realized I really really need to turn on my 360 and sync all my cloud files because I never did it before.

Last edited: