• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never knew this movie existed so I looked it up and God damn. What the fuck were they even thinking? Looking at how Palestine is potrayed makes me sick. Fuck Adam Sandler and the people who greenlit such a movie.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Almost every Sandler movie is horrible, except for the couple of surprisingly good dramatic roles he did under competent directors. Yes, even your faves from the 90s. You were 8 when you watched them. They're garbage.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I remember it being an ok movie.

However watching some clips on YT just now shows how biggoted it really is

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
It was probably greenlit shortly after Borat was popular despite the political satire in that movie flying over the heads of half of the audience that loved it (so basically they ended up liking it for the "wrong reasons").

Oh yes, remember that study that found that conservatives shown an episode of The Colbert Report loved it and assumed that he was taking the piss out of liberals?

America, this was the beginning of the end of the beginning of your downfall. And I don't mean in a cosy, "Hitler shouting at his generals with hilariously bad but topical closed captions" sense.

Sykdom

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
California
*Checks filmography*
Yep.

(Actually there's a few good ones all the way up to 50 First Dates, including Punch Drunk Love but yr point is taken)

Reign over me, goat sandler film next to pdl. I don't think Sandler is racist, he has some problematic views but he always seemed like a decent human being.

Also I know I'm a big dummy but I though zohan was being self deprecating and I think that's how a lot of other people saw it as well. But I also only watched it once.

Chuck and Larry isnt great, rob scheider is probably the best part of the movie.

The gay community has been shit on for 30 years see the aids epidemic.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember my kid self thinking it was in poor taste when it was current.

Now it's like yikes.

EDIT: woah I didn't remember it was 2008 movie!! That only makes it worse. In my mind it was pre-9/11. I sure as hell wasn't a kid anymore at that point.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Money
  2. Different times
  3. No one cares about middle eastern people
  4. Adam Sandler being successful
  5. Money

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
How did they possibly make I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry? That's homophobic bullshit.
It's funny (unlike the movie) how the movie is actually about acceptance of gay people but made every bad gay joke you could make except pedophilia

Some of it is because the main character being homophobic at the beginning some not so

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
It's crazy.

Growing up a confused bi teen in the early 2000's was quite a shitty experience.
Yeah, it's shameful. Shit was everywhere and hardly anybody really questioned it in the mainstream.

Edit I even remember kids cartoons indulging in it, I can't imagine how difficult that was for LGBTQ folks already struggling.

Last edited:

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
He was on the Conan podcast and they were talking about his new stand up special. Conan seemed to really like it but they genuinely sound like real life friends who live near each other and their kids are similar age so I wasn't sure if he was just being nice. Anyone check it out?

Newman

Oct 28, 2017
life is a lot easier when you don't get hung up on stupid Adam Sandler movies.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Sandler is such garbage and the fact that his movies still sell gang busters is an indictment of the human race :(

Nov 2, 2017
He was on the Conan podcast and they were talking about his new stand up special. Conan seemed to really like it but they genuinely sound like real life friends who live near each other and their kids are similar age so I wasn't sure if he was just being nice. Anyone check it out?

His new special is shockingly good. (Not saying it's amazing, just compared to his output for the last, oh, 20 years)

His movies are such shamelessly shit.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Adam Sandler honestly can do great work and you can tell when it's a good Adam Sandler movie because he's actually trying to act like punch drunk love and more recently The Meyerowitz stories on Netflix another great movie

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
Adam sandler sucks ass. Not funny lame ass movies, and seems like a scum person, esp his views on Israel/Palestine

Sykdom

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
California
This movie was extremely bad.

Emmanuelle Chriqui however is lovely.
source.gif