• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I don't get depressed but I've had a constant mild level of anxiety for the past three weeks that's been fucking with my sleep and making me paranoid.

Grip

Oct 26, 2017
I'm more worried and stressed about my parents (thankfully they started taking this seriously when things started to explode a few weeks ago). I've also not been feeling well for the last 3-4 weeks which doesn't help and the stress is undoubtedly making that worse.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Because of the outbreak, several very important doctors appointments got cancelled, and I can't see physio anymore, plus a trip to Greece got cancelled that I was looking forward to (to give me a break from my difficult job and my health problems).

Working from home sucks but is manageable, I'm lucky I'm able to do so, and I'm lucky I'm not sick. I wouldn't say I'm depressed or anything, but the fact that the above things got put on hold is a bummer.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Not sure about depression, but certainly anxiety. Worried about my parents, both over 80, living in Florida. They finally stopped taking daily walks after they found out there was a mugging recently near their building.

Of course there are other big worries that feel a bit too personal to share right now.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I'm already bipolar, so I can't really say it's made me more depressed. I definitely have a shorter ramp up/ramp down process and pet peeves with coworkers are getting a lot more peevy. "You say 'and uh yah know what I'm saying' one more fucking time..."

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Not depressed at all. If anything, working from home and getting two hours of my life back every day not having to deal with my commute has honestly made me a lot happier, at least enough to offset the disappointment I feel putting off some of my big plans this year (was hoping to do some major home renovations and get married over the next few months). I do miss going out to parks and restaurants of course, and have a few friends really struggling right now, but I'm personally doing quite well at the moment fortunately.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Staff put together some mental health resources that I hope might be useful.

www.resetera.com

COVID-19 Mental Health Resources and Discussion COVID

We know there are a plethora of threads about COVID-19 already, but we’d like to provide a space specifically for mental health resources and discussion during this time. We’d like to remind our community to be mindful that everyone reacts differently to stressful situations, and that the...

Like many of you, I've been feeling anxious, stressed, and generally drained through all of this. And I count myself lucky. I only really have school as a responsibility, but it's been hard. My internship for the summer was cancelled and there aren't many options for finding a new one. I was really banking on using that to live on for the next semester as my savings are running out... Just a lot of plans thrown out of whack. And that's without worrying about the health of my loved ones.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As bad as I can remember in my life.

I'm on a 24 hour half-life for some sort of breakdown.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Staff put together some mental health resources that I hope might be useful.

www.resetera.com

COVID-19 Mental Health Resources and Discussion COVID

We know there are a plethora of threads about COVID-19 already, but we’d like to provide a space specifically for mental health resources and discussion during this time. We’d like to remind our community to be mindful that everyone reacts differently to stressful situations, and that the...

Like many of you, I've been feeling anxious, stressed, and generally drained through all of this. And I count myself lucky. I only really have school as a responsibility, but it's been hard. My internship for the summer was cancelled and there aren't many options for finding a new one. I was really banking on using that to live on for the next semester as my savings are running out... Just a lot of plans thrown out of whack. And that's without worrying about the health of my loved ones.
Thanks for making this guys. Really really sweet of the top brass.
——
Not sure if depression is the right word. More scared and anxious.

Worried about money. Worried for my Grandparents and other older family members.

It's a lot, but I'm blessed to have such awesome parents . That's taken me back into their home. While iv been laid off.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I am not depressed per say, just more anxious. This may change when I am temporarily laid off at the end of this month.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
For me, the depression is hitting hard and it honestly for all of the wrong reasons and the excuses are pretty lame in my own head. I am an introvert, I love being inside minding my own unless I can be out with my coworkers or friends on the rare occasion, but being in this much has driven me crazy. Before all of this started, I had dated someone who manipulated me, controlled me and broken me down to my very core. I would explain it all, but its not worth it. I started to get life back on the right track, rekindled an friendship with an old coworker who I had a crush on for the entire time she worked there. We started talking, agreed to go out and had a marvelous time and planned to go out again, only for a week and a half later, our works making us work from home.

She of course doesn't want to run the risk of getting sick so she does not wish to hang out, which I agree with, but with how well we get along, how well the date went and my desire to see her again, its been soul crushing even though it was just one date. Best date I've been on and best connection I had with someone in a long time makes me want to hold onto it, but not being able to go out and see her is rough. My worry is of course that during the time in which we will be shut down, all of her interests will be gone, as she isn't the type to want to talk every day. It's all stupid but I've just held relationships big or small in a special place in my life so not being able to continue it for the time being is a struggle.

Oct 27, 2017
Not at all if I am honest. I'm more worried about the financial repercussions than the virus at this point in time. Chances of getting it and dying from it are extremely low. Chances of losing our sources of income feel much higher and more likely. I've kind of just accepted that this is another way to die and by taking the precautions, washing my hands, not going out, wearing a face mask. I should sleep easy and not live in fear. Otherwise what's the point of taking the precautions if it can't even offer me some peace of mind? Of course I worry about my loved ones but just slightly more now. Check up on each other just a bit more often. Anyone suffering from depression should probably seek out the proper resources. Everyone is in this together. Some of us are experiencing grief or have because of this virus, but it's important to remain in the now and not get lost in the negativity or the theoretical worst possible outcomes.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more furious about the stupidity of our federal government than anything else.

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
Pretty hard. Gotta go to work with a bunch of people I know for a fact come into work sick and abuse their sick leave so the'll just come in and spread it.

it's not a matter of if I'll get it but when. And I'll be bringing it home to my immunocompromised partner who has basically everything that increases your chances of hospitalization or death from it.

Good times, good times.

Mar 3, 2019
For me, the depression is hitting hard and it honestly for all of the wrong reasons and the excuses are pretty lame in my own head. I am an introvert, I love being inside minding my own unless I can be out with my coworkers or friends on the rare occasion, but being in this much has driven me crazy. Before all of this started, I had dated someone who manipulated me, controlled me and broken me down to my very core. I would explain it all, but its not worth it. I started to get life back on the right track, rekindled an friendship with an old coworker who I had a crush on for the entire time she worked there. We started talking, agreed to go out and had a marvelous time and planned to go out again, only for a week and a half later, our works making us work from home.

She of course doesn't want to run the risk of getting sick so she does not wish to hang out, which I agree with, but with how well we get along, how well the date went and my desire to see her again, its been soul crushing even though it was just one date. Best date I've been on and best connection I had with someone in a long time makes me want to hold onto it, but not being able to go out and see her is rough. My worry is of course that during the time in which we will be shut down, all of her interests will be gone, as she isn't the type to want to talk every day. It's all stupid but I've just held relationships big or small in a special place in my life so not being able to continue it for the time being is a struggle.

It's only been one date so far, so it's not remotely serious yet. If you really feel that strongly, setup a quarantine date and get creative

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Outside of the obvious "I wish we weren't dealing with this devastating crisis"

I think this quarantine actually greatly improved my mood overall. I'm still stressed because I have a shitton of work to get completed in unreasonable deadlines and the uncertainty of how we move forward on our more than $1B projects is stressful.

But overall, my workday is much more relaxed, I don't have a commute or have to do the whole "morning shuffle" which saves time and stress, my sleep has greatly increased, I'm able to get in SO many more hobbies and side-projects because the 9-10 hours I was spending per day working+commuting+de-stressing from the day, is now kinda....non-existent.

Outside of my work-life, nothing's changed. I already didn't go out shopping very often and much of my energy was spent avoiding annoying people in my life which I don't have to do now.

Doogdogg

Oct 27, 2017
Anxiety at seeing so many stupid shit before my eyes. Countries stealing masks and crap. Is this really fucking real?

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Not being able to go to gym is probably biggest issue for my mental health at the moment. Also had to cancel South Korea/Japan holiday in May that I and my brother had planned for a year (flights and hotels booked etc) so that was a bit depressing. Otherwise I am fine.