• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
It was pretty fast at 1.2 million. Like within a day and it became trending for a moment on twitter.

Even the IGN vid has 444k views

Ah maybe I saw the IGN video lol. Too bad we can't see the youtube statistics for them.

And nah, I've never associated AoE with Xbox either, Microsoft maybe but not Xbox. Just me anyway.

lightchris

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Is Era really that console centric?

I always thought it was at least somewhat balanced, but now that I think about it my perception may be skewed.
I do most (but not all) gaming on PC, but it's mostly games you could call console centric I guess..?

Has there ever been a poll about that on here? Would be interesting.

Dec 15, 2017
It is what it is. Reset era is all about Japanese gaming. Huge PC games are already driven by the community, they don't rely on traditional media.

Deleted member 27315

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Three Kingdoms came out and sold over 1 million copies in one week, record of the series.
Civilization 6 sold 5 million copies

Why are you here then, and not in that ''resetera''. I believe is somewhere out there to support this kind of games. Or no?

The thing is that most successful pc games are more focused to specific audiences. Kindom hearts players maybe is more likely to play uncharted, death stranding etc. And voila. Resetera was borned. Its not like we have a conspiracy here.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Xbox popularity is the lowest of the big three here. That's why I use other forums to Gauge interests or I might start to get a warped view of things here.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PC is my main platform and I'm barely interested in AoE 4. Even within PC players community, strategy games are quite niche.
What.
Just what.
Strategy is one of the top genres on PC...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Oct 26, 2017

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Because I know Rise of Nations is the superior game and my influence is so great here.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Why are you here then, and not in that ''resetera''. I believe is somewhere out there to support this kind of games. Or no?

The thing is that most successful pc games are more focused to specific audiences. Kindom hearts players maybe is more likely to play uncharted, death stranding etc. And voila. Resetera was borned. Its not like we have a conspiracy here.

I keep coming back for more. Wow.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Resetera is a Japanese centric forum.

Most popular threads here are always about JRPGs or anime.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I always thought it was at least somewhat balanced, but now that I think about it my perception may be skewed.
I do most (but not all) gaming on PC, but it's mostly games you could call console centric I guess..?

I think a lot of people on Era game on PC, but many as a tertiary platform, additive to their consoles. I'd imagine a far smaller number of people here game primarily on PC compared to console.

As an example of how certain PC games or genres can fall by the wayside, Divinity Original Sin 2 was one of the biggest games on Steam in 2017, and also critically acclaimed. Infact it was among the highest rated games of that year. It placed 19th in the Era GOTY awards.

Oct 27, 2017

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
The trailer for Age of Empires 4 was by far the biggest and most watched trailer on YouTube of all the X019 trailers. But it seems on ResetEra the game doesn't get that much coverage and isn't talked about a whole lot. Do strategy fans not visit resetera? Or gaming forums in general?

X019 stats:
Age of Empires 4: 1.7 milion views
Microsoft Flight Simulator: 507k views
Xbox Game Pass: 245k views
EverWild: 235k views
Grounded: 170k views
Tell Me Why: 150k views

It looks absolutely amazing. Those details in the village had me staring too. You'd think they would like this PC game since many claim to have a powerful PC and ps4 for Apollo of their gaming needs. Who would have thought that a pc game didn't make it to the mindshare here.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Xbox is their gaming brand. This discussion will be really confusing when xCloud becomes more mainstream. You won't really need a box. Age of Empires is a Microsoft IP, just like Halo. And they'll both be in Xbox Game Pass.

People in this thread are correctly pointing out that Age of Empires IV is a PC game, and that Resetera is console-focused.

People in thread continue to claim that Resetera is biased against Xbox ... and when they do that they're talking about the console, and not the small minority of PC-exclusive games that Microsoft studios develop.

OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
People in this thread are correctly pointing out that Age of Empires IV is a PC game, and that Resetera is console-focused.

People in thread continue to claim that Resetera is biased against Xbox ... and when they do that they're talking about the console, and not the small minority of PC-exclusive games that Microsoft studios develop.

I also think there is a bias (rightfully so by the way, it is well deserved) against Microsoft in the PC gaming community. So having a bias against Xbox can be true for both platforms.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017

I think a lot of us play games on PC, but not "PC games". I grew up playing games on consoles and handhelds. I had friends who were super into MMOs and RTS games like WarCraft 3, WoW, StarCraft BW, AOE2, RuneScape, MapleStory, the Might and Magic franchise, etc. As a kid I tried to get into all of these games and they never clicked with me and I swore off PC gaming for years. The only reason I ever came back to PC as a platform is because people kept saying it was the best way to play multiplatform console games, and even then I've been procrastinating buying a gaming PC for like eight years (I got a gaming laptop a few years ago but still haven't spent a bunch of time actually playing games on it).

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
If it was on the epic games store everyone would be talking about it.

I haven't seen the trailer but my dad is super excited about it and he hasn't played any games since 2002ish and doesn't really follow them so no idea how he saw it!

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
For the same reason the Path of Exile 2 reveal got a whooping 2 page thread here. This is a nintendo / sony site first.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Outside Total War the genre has been dying for years.

Relics last game Dawn of War 3 was terrible

Japanese Console focused forum

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Outside Total War the genre has been dying for years.

Relics last game Dawn of War 3 was terrible

Japanese Console focused forum
I wouldnt say so, RTS genre itself has stagnated in the last years, with several games doing meh and seeing not that much innovation from indies. Strategy games in general are in a big boom period, with subgenres such as grand strategy, 4x, or tycoon games experiencing a sorta new golden age.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
You would think that all of the shit that "era" talked about Microsoft Store, Epic Store, etc... that they would also talk about the games of PC a lot and especially one of the most popular PC franchises ever (and Flight Sim) amongst other pc franchises...but here we are. It seems to me that there's a large group of VOCAL users here who have shit to talk about with certain companies or things that a company does even though they don't really impact them. That's how I view it.

Last edited:

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
They only showed like 1 minute of staged gameplay. It looks great and the setting is perfect, but there isn't THAT much to actually talk about. A lengthy gameplay demo would have been great to gather more talk about the game.