• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 35653

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
We get video of cut content regularly, covenants were very rough, transformations didn't feel as important as they promised prior to game release, we have huge missing parts of lore (regarding vampires and Cainhurst for example) too little viable options for Arcane and Bloodtinge builds.
I can see why someone don't want From to make another exclusive, but c'mon BB2 is needed.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Well I played the game without any knowledge of cut content or things that had been changed and it felt perfectly complete to me.

Not that I'm against a sequel, just that playing the game start to finish it never felt like anything was missing. And that's a rarity these days.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty great although the DLC filled a void that was sorely needed.

Only thing that was a let down at the end of it was the chalice dungeons. They looked samey as shit but held some of the best boss battles in the game. Don't think I could ever play through those again.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Because it still works absolutely wonderfully? Every creative project ever has cuts, but FS is able to edit themselves pretty fabulously anyway.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Implying Bloodborne is not a perfect game...

tumblr_oc9goiWM2f1qhksomo1_1280.png

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
It felt fine to play through?

So what if there's cut content? All games have cut content.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
This is like saying a film isn't completed unless we get a directors cut with 45 minutes of footage we probably didn't actually need in the end.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I don't get it either. It's a great game and I'd love to play more of it. The DLC was amazing and there's still so much potential for new content. I'm guessing most people are against it for selfish reasons (don't want another exclusive, want FROM to work on a different game, etc.) which is totally fine as well.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Implying Bloodborne is not a perfect game...

tumblr_oc9goiWM2f1qhksomo1_1280.png
Tea

Cut content is cut for a reason. More is not always more. Some things should be left vague so that the player has room to imagine.

I 100% want bloodborne 2, I think about it often. I just don't think I want it because bloodborne is lacking, I want it because bloodborne was so good.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Not with that shitty, spammy PVP.

Shitty netcode, lots of loading times and lag, enemies clipping into shit and hitting through walls, the camera fucking sucks especially vs large bosses. NPC's might as well just be statues with how little they emote and don't move their mouths when talking.

Still, nobody is really competing with From Software at what they do.

Nov 23, 2017
Your nitpicks op =\= anything close to supporting that it's "not a complete game." Having ideas that cut doesn't mean it's not a complete game. The Godfather 2 had a lot of cut footage. Is it not a complete movie worth appraising on its own

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Bloodborne has a very specific setting and I don't think a game with the exact same setting would be a good idea. Would be overkill.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35653

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Your nitpicks op =\= anything close to supporting that it's "not a complete game." Having ideas that cut doesn't mean it's not a complete game. The Godfather 2 had a lot of cut footage. Is it not a complete movie worth appraising on its own
I didn't say BB is not good or does not deserve praise as it is (heck it's my game of the generation) just that there's plenty of room to improve it.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
There's tons of cut content in every product under the sun. The only difference here is we know about it.
I don't care about PVP or covenants, so that's irrelevant to me.
I don't think Beast Mode transfomation was ever anything other than a fan fantasy. I had my expectations in check. They did at least try something with the DLC.
Lore is cut deliberately to make it more vague for the player to use their imagination, though yeah, Cainhurst could have been expanded. Remember when we casually turned back time and nothing came of it?
Lack of build variation is a fair criticism

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
It's a really good game with a story that's pretty much a closed loop. You could make a sequel, or another game in that universe, but it's not like it ends on a massive cliffhanger.

The idea that a work is incomplete because you can't write a full user wiki article about every last aspect of its lore is really not a good way of looking at things.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
How are cut content videos relevant? You could very well find similar amounts of cut content in a lot of games, but many actually lock that shit down properly. FROM clearly doesn't. Spoken like someone who truly doesn't understand game development. Well done, OP.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Including every idea into a project doesn't make it better.

This is some dumb take.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Tea

Cut content is cut for a reason. More is not always more. Some things should be left vague so that the player has room to imagine.

I 100% want bloodborne 2, I think about it often. I just don't think I want it because bloodborne is lacking, I want it because bloodborne was so good.

I mean sometimes that reason is time or budget, not necessarily a idealistic world in which the perfect form of a given game is achievable, and the fat must merely be judiciously cut away by a master designer. I mean the blood stone you get at the end of the Chalice dungeons was clearly meant to do something, but they clearly just ran out of time.

While for the most part Bloodborne is a very complete whole, there are elements that feel somewhat incomplete. All FROM games suffer this. Dark Souls 3 probably suffered it some of the worst. Dark Souls 2 put everything that existed together in the space of like 8 months I think? Dark Souls 1 was clearly mostly done, but parts of it clearly just don't have the same care as earlier parts, and it definitely suffers as a result. The worst areas of the game are those that are also the least complete.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The game is really good, but far far far from perfect. Way too many issuss
Some the op mentioned, but also the technical issues.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Pretty sure the DLC addressed some of the issues you listed such as Arcane/Bloodtinge builds as well as transformations.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I find the DLC rounds out the game nicely. I felt the game was pretty solid on its own. I'm wanting another please.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think the only negatives for bloodborne are how it handles co op and the performance on the PS4.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
This just in, no game is a good standalone game according to op since all games have cut content, more at 10.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Every game ever made has content either in the conceptual state or during the final build that was trimmed.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The main issue with BB, at least for me, is its poorly implemented hub area. I feel most Soulsborne games since DS1 have digressed in the lack of being able to conveniently do everything at the bonfires. Having to constantly go back to the Hunter's Dream to repair your stuff and just to travel from one location to another becomes awfully annoying when you're going through two loading screens in quick succession.

Another thing is just how static and boring the hub is in general. Hubs in other Soulsborne games change over time as you progress the story itself and the individual stories of characters. In BB? Nothing changes besides the music, the doll changes locations, and Gehrman sometimes appears to spout uninteresting exposition. Nothing interesting happens on the Dream whatsoever.

Overall, it's just one big inconvenience you have to deal with the whole game. It's a mystery as to why DS1 did so many great things that just disappear in its successors.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was going to be about performance, not weird theoretical content that may or may not exist in any playable state.

#ReleaseTheShrineKnightCut

The perfect marathon is extended FotR and TT, theatrical RotK baby. Extended RotK kills the pacing hard.

Extended RotK drastically improves the pace. Extended feels shorter than the theatrical.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Nothing's perfect... The Old Hunters does make it complete however. It's still FromSoftware's and Japan studio's best work, I'd argue.

We could get one eventually next gen if there's still demand (pretty much given) and SCEJ and FromSoftware still want to make a sequel and their time aligns somehow. I'd argue both are better spent doing original work however despite absolutely loving it. Sekiro is further from a complete work than Bloodborne, if I'd need to compare. There's also a very strong indication that there's no DLC plans for that either. A sequel makes more sense there.

In my head Bloodborne II would have to be its own thing (maybe even more otherwordly)... It's difficult to not retread old ground. I'd argue that Dark Souls suffered immensely from recycling a lot of its narrative.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
BB is my favorite game ever and it baffles me people call it perfect. Theres so much to do with that universe and gameplay. Which is why we need a sequel.