• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Like every other Mario Kart, they could add new courses. If they don't have the creativity anymore to make new courses that's a whole different issue.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Two words: BLOCK FORT.

Also bring back mission mode from MKDS and make the boss fights visual spectacles

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
The one thing really missing from Mario Kart at the minute is a good single player mode. Add something in that vein along with new tracks and more unique Mario characters (while removing the chaff) and jobs a goodun.

Keep some guest characters from other series but it doesn't need to be and shouldn't become 'Nintendo Kart'.

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Honestly:

Bring back regular karts back, with no customization. It's a huge pain for multiplayer, especially with more casual players of the series. Just give us a good selection of unique karts with predetermined stats. The customizable parts doesn't add anything to the gameplay, and just adds confusing options.

Bring back mission mode for a hefty single player offering.

Bring in a better variety for the roster, with less filler.

Make tracks even more exciting with the hardware power of the Switch. Like, even bigger, more complex stuff. Make each track a spectacle like Mount Wario, Electro Drone, ect.

Bring in new ways to play Mario kart as well. Maybe have a top down mode, maybe a city trial like mode.

Have a track creator, and really allow the community to take off.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Bring back mission mode from MKDS

More tracks

Unlockable costumes

Better roster. Why the hell isn't Diddy Kong in MK8D?

learning

Jan 4, 2019
Give me an option to turn the sound effects/music up and down, like Smash.

Sometimes I like to listen to the music on its own.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1 Item, max.

MK8 Deluxe fucking sucks with two items.

Also, keep it Mario Kart, not Smash Kart.

GronkyKong

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All previous tracks & characters.

More customisation for lobbies with friends, such as custom item pools.

Bring back some items from other games too like the fake box/POW block.

Elimination race, last position drops out every lap.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo isn't really about improvement but rather different gameplay so that the game is unique. Expect some kind of unique twist rather than more tracks, characters or better physics.

Oct 27, 2017
return of missions. they were so fun.

pretty graphics. (they're already pretty, though. prettier???)

course maker would be rad, but i'm a little wary after the deluge of crap in super mario maker.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
More stuff to do like missions. Reverse and trick tracks from tour too. Don't remove characters and just keep adding more.
Oh and we need all those costume,kart,and glider alts from tour for sure.
Rose Gold Rosalina

I'm actually not kidding
Why that when you have this as an option?

CosmicSpirit-Closeup.png

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Single player missions. Could include things like boss races/battles, like a race against a giant Giga Bowser that can squash you. There could be multiplayer versions too, like an all vs one giant chain chomp in an arena. They could go some cool places with it.

Also maybe races that are more open? Make it so you have to drive through checkpoint flags or you get reset during the race, but outside of that it's more of an open race. Including more race types like that would be cool.

Also if like if they changed the gliding to actual flying and the water gameplay to more like a speedboat than driving underwater. Could make it feel more high speed. Might be too much like Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed though.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Make a spinoff based on Double Dash and truly start exploring more co-op driving ideas. Otherwise I dont see a lot of new ground this series can move forward with.

Then again, I dont work at Nintendo, they tend to be pretty good at coming up with shit

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
More tracks, characters and a larger focus on online with (bear with me here) battle passes to unlock new cosmetics. The charecters introduced via the battle pass could be more oddball charecters like link and villager. If it were me I would make each battle pass themed around a specific game franchise and drop 4 new courses at the launch. If you buy the battle pass you get two weeks of early access to the courses before the general public gets in.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Actually played it recently to participate in Nintendo's tournament last weekend which by the way was an incredible shitefest. You dont get full points unless there are 12 racers so people in the tournament can surpass you if they race with 12 and you got unlucky and raced with 8 but still came first. Very bad matchmaking that forces you to not have fun and quit matches hoping for a full lobby. So please fix that for Mario Kart 9 because it is beyond a joke.

Also, I can't be the only one who thinks Mario Kart 8/8deluxe has unbalanced item rate right.... I swear whenever i'm in 1st someone always gets lightning or blue shell. When i'm in 2nd there's a guy in the back of me with triple red shells. The online feels so unfair sometimes. Oh and the kart variety is horrible. Everyone just uses the wiggler car or that other one I can't remember. :( Then there are those trolls that always vote the same track.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I dig the battle/elimination race idea. Bring back Double Dash style too - two items is good, but two racers with strategies based on unique item usage/personal "hero" items like in the original Mario Kart is even better.

I like the course maker idea, but keep it strictly for battle mode - Nintendo's left battle mode irrelevant since N64, so letting there be a community that does that would be huge. I think that competitive racing should be strictly kept to the already finely-tuned tracks that get released, no course editor/maker.

I like the idea of additional kart styles, or expansion of the multi-type terrain. Keep going with that.

The mission mode/single player stuff from MKDS has to return somehow. Can't believe that never came back since then!

Keep it Mario Kart, though - it doesn't have to go full Smash Kart where everyone's a character (especially since half the characters who'd show up in a game like that already currently have, or have had, their own racing-style games).

Honestly, the way for Mario Kart to grow even more is through Battle Mode. More modes, different modes, and more open tracks/track styles for kart combat.

Preble

Nov 7, 2017
I still want to play a battle mode like Diddy Kong Racing/Mario Kart 64. They got the rules right in the Wii U version (but you could only play on regular tracks), then in Deluxe they made actually Battle Arenas (but made Battle Mode team based again lol)

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of gameplay, I'd say maybe a slight adjustment to the item balance? I think the current balance is pretty good and I wouldn't want it back to Wii levels of crazy but there's maybe a tiny twinge of chaos missing rn. I'll also echo that the Endurance Race concept floated in here could be interesting.

Outside of that, I think I'd want more options in the online suite. Matchmaking with friends online, better lobby functionality, spectator mode for lobbies, etc.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
More Nintendo characters and courses inspired in other Nintendo franchises.

We already have Donkey Kong, Link and the Inklins. Now it's time for Samus!!

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
so many character posts, i don't really understand it
doesn't really add anything of value to the game to me to have a bunch more characters
that said, i really feel like the point/combo system from tour is the perfect way to reward skill more

Oct 27, 2017
Just make Mario Kart Ultimate, will all characters and tracks, have a Double Dash mode that's optional for 2 player co op, and they'll sell another 20M+. Imo holiday 2020 or 21 would be perfect

Deleted member 53692

user requested account closure
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
France
Going like Smash.

Everytrack is here!
Everyone is here! + Nintendo newcomers.

And then, after MK9, let's go Nintendo Kart, reboot.

BTW I still want DLC for MK8D!

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
Others have discussed content, but I'd love for the karts to feel a bit more nimble. They sometimes feel sluggish, especially in the slower corners, but thankfully the level design somewhat masks that.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
time to make some open world shit like diddy kong racing but also kind of like forza horizon where you can seamlessly enter into multiplayer contests

this request coming from me makes me feel like i am officially losing my mind but with mariokart i would probably play the shit out of it

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I'm sure a lot of die-hard fans will be annoyed for mentioning the competition, but I think Mario Kart would really benefit from Grand Prix like events we had in Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled. New tracks, new characters, regular challenges, new modes, hundreds of decals for customizing your kart. Everything released for free. They were a main reason why people played CTR for months after launch. Also a proper Story Mode would be nice.

Oct 25, 2017
MK9 better, less overdesigned busy tracks for racing and battle.
Better retro track selection.
Return of missions and boss fights.
More Nintendo inspired tracks.
Build tracks for 8 players instead of 12.