• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I was going to say 0 thinking I have no social media accounts, but I actually have 20'ish people following me on Twitch for some reason.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Few hundred on Twitter, it's my only social media account these days. Don't even use Twitter anymore tbh.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
73 on Twitter
35 on Instagram
147 on YouTube
139 on Letterboxd (which is frustrating since I post reviews all the time but few get more than 2 Likes)

karl's wood

Jan 15, 2019
Roughly 420k on youtube which has bled through to my other social media accounts, mainly twitter on which I largely post the angry messages I get on other social media accounts.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Youtube - 62 (Literally created a couple game videos years ago and got them from that, then never posted another video again lol, just use it for watching others. However I am part of a group that has a regular live chat that we talk with each other and just hangout which is nice.

Twitter - 299, this is my main active social media, I use it mainly to talk movies with plenty of other movie fans, mainly horror movie fans and more recently #MutantFam peeps (if anyone here knows what that hashtag is for then you know).

That's about it, aside from Reddit and ERA where I spend a lot of my time talking (way too much hehe).

I'm not a very social person in real life (shy/quiet) so it's a miracle I even carved out this much online.

Lone

Mar 6, 2019
Los Angeles, CA

I do music and film related stuff! I do like mashups and stuff when i'm bored, and that racked up a lot of views. On my film YouTube channel, I did a feature length two hour documentary on the singer Aaliyah (she's like my favorite artist) all by myself during film school, and that got nearly 600k but ran into some issues with her crazy ass uncle so had to take it down. I also did a Rihanna documentary like last year cause i was bored, and my good friend Farren Fucci Andrea sent it to her and she sat down and watched it herself! The Grammy's snatched that down too because it got so big (it was almost at 1m), but hey she saw it already haha!

TBH though, most people know me for my original music & mashups - that's gotten me covered in a lot of press and stuff. But honestly, I'm just a regular schmegular that just likes to create like so many others.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
875 subs on YouTube, 710 followers on Twitter, 451 Twitch followers on my private accounts. The twitch channel I professionally manage and co-own by 50% has 26k followers which I'm quite proud of.

OhMan

Apr 29, 2019
7 on instagram
i use it for sharing memes with my friends and that's basically it
i could follow more people but i don't want too

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I've got a really great echo chamber of 40 people on Twitter where we all retweet our politics to one another.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1000 or so on Twitter, but I don't really post. About 1000 on email mailing list. Couple hundred on IG. Nothing too exciting. Blog gets a decent number of visitors from Google search, and I have 35,000 or so podcast listens.

Tethered Penguin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have 1 follower on Reddit, and 5 followers on one of my personal Spotify playlists.

Yes, I am in fact a celebrity.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About 30 friends on Facebook, all people I actually know and have communicated with IRL. I also post pretty much nothing there.

Twitter is zero, aside maybe some bots. I only use it to upload an occasional PS4 screenshot or because that is some companies do customer service now.

Incase it not obvious, I do not like social media. I find it antisocial.

EliVilla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA
28 on Twitter I think some are bots disguised as Japanese girls but they usually end up retweeting things I post about LGBT+ and woman's rights stuff so I don't mind haha.

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Low numbers. I've given up on trying to fit in on social media, just makes me depressed.
So I deleted twitter however long ago and Instagram and YouTube are both under 100

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
PLEASE Don't link your accounts or post usernames. This isn't a promotion thread. Also please DO share what got you there.

I have like 40 followers on Instagram and like 20 on Twitter and 4 on Twitch so how am I doing?

Not well (though these accounts are a week old).

What about you guys? How did you get there?

OP wasn't 100% if you meant only personal accounts or accounts which we operate so...

Facebook- about 500, (mostly friends, classmates, hockey people, family, few coworkers )

Personal twitter account - about 7000 (there was a ridiculously large seahawk follow train that got most of it, also lots of hockey people and other social media friends etc)

Seattle Hockey twitter account - about 3,000 (started a podcast which was hosted on a sonics blog, used twitter to engage with our audience. Created a website and pushed out a bunch of content for a couple of years. The account took off when NHL Seattle was announced, we ran a march madness bracket tournament to select a hockey team name. Gained 1k followed in 3 days just from that. Now we have some national hockey guys following me, and the official nhl Seattle accoaunt just added as local Seattle media)

Washington State Political account - about 1750 (most of the followers are either group members, those with similar political interests, or other political groups across the country that we refollows)

Non-Profit account - about 20k (many local people involved with non-profits and other accounts that are interested in non profits (lots of refollows etc)

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the best way to do this, I'd love to do this to the non profit page I have and my personal account.

Don't have any bots on my hockey or political account
Have a very specific niche of content, have better content than other people, work a ton of hours grinding the community (friending, leaving unique comments, liking, etc, don't use bots)

I say all this assuming you care about engagement. You can bot your way into the 10s of thousands, but it's painfully obvious when you see an account with 30k followers and 150 likes per post.

I'm sitting at about 29% engagement rate.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
Currently 1,594 followers on my Art/Design Instagram account

124 followers on my personal Instagram and on my Twitter that I hardly ever use.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I actually get weirded out when people follow me on Twitter and youtube. On youtube I can make it so they can't see my likes and comments, but if I make a video I can't prevent them from being notified. On twitter I can't seem to prevent any of that type of stuff. I actually made a new twitter account when I saw a family member followed me. Now I have a name they wouldn't know to search. Just like George Costanza said, worlds collide.

gBlCyJm.jpg

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Personal page is about 55 followers. Basically just friends.

My webcomic page is around 1.4k right now on Instagram and is growing at a pretty steady rate so I'm happy with it

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I do music and film related stuff! I do like mashups and stuff when i'm bored, and that racked up a lot of views. On my film YouTube channel, I did a feature length two hour documentary on the singer Aaliyah (she's like my favorite artist) all by myself during film school, and that got nearly 600k but ran into some issues with her crazy ass uncle so had to take it down. I also did a Rihanna documentary like last year cause i was bored, and my good friend Farren Fucci Andrea sent it to her and she sat down and watched it herself! The Grammy's snatched that down too because it got so big (it was almost at 1m), but hey she saw it already haha!

TBH though, most people know me for my original music & mashups - that's gotten me covered in a lot of press and stuff. But honestly, I'm just a regular schmegular that just likes to create like so many others.

That is pretty dope. Mind if I follow on IG?

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
About 30 friends on Facebook, all people I actually know and have communicated with IRL. I also post pretty much nothing there.

Twitter is zero, aside maybe some bots. I only use it to upload an occasional PS4 screenshot or because that is some companies do customer service now.

Incase it not obvious, I do not like social media. I find it antisocial.

This sounds great.

Been thinking about purging my FB or nuking it all together. But it must be great to have only people you actually care about and interact with on there.