• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
PLEASE Don't link your accounts or post usernames. This isn't a promotion thread. Also please DO share what got you there.

I have like 40 followers on Instagram and like 20 on Twitter and 4 on Twitch so how am I doing?

Not well (though these accounts are a week old).

What about you guys? How did you get there?

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Old account for Twitch was around 10k, old Twitter was around 13k iirc. Peaked out for 100k+ when I was managing a site. Old days tho.

Now I'm at aroound 1k for each.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Almost nonexistent. I only have Instagram. About 80 followers, most of which are internet acquaintances or random people I've never heard of. I think only around 10 people I know in person follow me. I don't mind because IG is for content consumption for me. I rarely post and it's never pictures of me or what I'm doing. I don't really broadcast myself in any way.

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Around 38k on twitter, but I have pretty bad social anxiety so it's no longer much of a personal account haha.

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe 150 people tops across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. I'd say 120 of those are friends and family on Facebook

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
66K on personal Twitter account, 36K on my site's account.
8K on YouTube. About 4K combined on Insta between personal and site accounts. Only about 1K on FB.

Sep 28, 2018
Approaching 7K on my Facebook satirical comedy page about Jersey, Channel Islands - where I live. Actually, it was mentioned on the local news page today. So that's fun! :)

Fun fact, as a social media manager for some pretty popular brands I currently have access to one fb page with over 5 million subscribers... It's a mobile phone company that was really huge in the 90's and 00's.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Only Instagram really, and not a lot. Just really people i already know and some weird, international follows.

Just recently had 69 followers which was really funny.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Almost nonexistent. I only have Instagram. About 80 followers, most of which are internet acquaintances or random people I've never heard of. I think only around 10 people I know in person follow me. I don't mind because IG is for content consumption for me. I rarely post and it's never pictures of me or what I'm doing. I don't really broadcast myself in any way.
You sound like me. I have maybe 5 or 6 people I actively talk with on IG with 30 or 40 followers. All the rest of my followers just view my story when I post an adventure with my kids on the weekend. I don't bother with social media other than to consume and share memes and find events I might want to take part in. I use regular group messaging when I want to interact socially with my friends.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Practically non-existent.

173 on Facebook (people I know and acquaintances).
29 on YouTube (only 12 videos in 12 years, and I haven't uploaded in 5).

Never signed up for any other big social media site.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
38 on twitter, all bots or people who wanted me to follow back.
14 subs on youtube, no idea how I got them since I never post on there.
2 on instagram, all people who wanted follow backs.

I don't post on any social media at all outside of Era if that counts.

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
46 on instagram and 92 facebook friends.

I quickly delete people when they get too annoying on social media.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted member 54320

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Back when I use to upload on my own YouTube channel before working at IGN, I had around 1.6K subscribers.

Last edited:
OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
10k on instagram and 140 on twitter.
Around 38k on twitter, but I have pretty bad social anxiety so it's no longer much of a personal account haha.
66K on personal Twitter account, 36K on my site's account.
8K on YouTube. About 4K combined on Insta between personal and site accounts. Only about 1K on FB.
Instagram peaked around 7500, back down near 6000 after purging a bunch of bots.
Amazing numbers! Any tips for getting there?

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing numbers! Any tips for getting there?
Have a very specific niche of content, have better content than other people, work a ton of hours grinding the community (friending, leaving unique comments, liking, etc, don't use bots)

I say all this assuming you care about engagement. You can bot your way into the 10s of thousands, but it's painfully obvious when you see an account with 30k followers and 150 likes per post.

I'm sitting at about 29% engagement rate.

Oct 27, 2017
You are doing badly imo since you are asking this and it has nothing to do with # of followers big or small.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
So for Facebook, if I want to get rid of my personally account and turn into a business account could I get rid of all my crap on there and do that?

I also plan on turning my Instagram into a studio account. Don't care about the number of followers I get because the content will be dope.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Have a very specific niche of content, have better content than other people, work a ton of hours grinding the community (friending, leaving unique comments, liking, etc, don't use bots)

I say all this assuming you care about engagement. You can bot your way into the 10s of thousands, but it's painfully obvious when you see an account with 30k followers and 150 likes per post.

I'm sitting at about 29% engagement rate.
I'd definitely prefer high engagement so I appreciate the response
You are doing badly imo since you are asking this and it has nothing to do with # of followers big or small.
Can you elaborate?

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
I run an aesthetics account on mastodon with ~900 followers, with ~100 followers on personal mastodon. Only thing that matters on twitter is that Temmie of undertale fame follows me.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
I don't really have one. I don't use Facebook, Twitter, etc.. I post here on resetera, reddit, a couple of forums (game related), and discord for Warcraft guild. /grumpy hermit mode

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Was late to the instagram/twitter craze, so not much. 780ish on IG and 320ish on twitter. It's harder to gain followers nowadays.

20k on deviantart over the years, 2k on artstation, 400ish on pixiv I suppose. 1 follower on youtube which I don't really use lol

Oct 25, 2017
170 Twitter.

Mix of friends and just people I hit it off with. Love Twitter because I can just reach out to people on a non celebrity level that I'm fans of.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
1 on Twitter - I followed a store and they followed me back. Kind of weird? I tried to boot them but it wouldn't let me without also blocking their content on my feed, so I just live with it.

Like 20-30 on YouTube. I have old AMVs that I stole uploaded there like... 10-15 years ago? (Like, they're credited and all, I just didn't make them.) They still get views and comments sometimes, which is always funny. One was a kid posting "this video has been on Youtube longer than I've been alive" - I think it was, like, Naruto to Eye of the Tiger or something.