• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How many people do you interact with?

• 0-1

• 2-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• >20

Results are only viewable after voting.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
In this time of continued quarantine, there's bound to be some social interaction. I know most of us are still trying to be as safe as possible, but I have seen people dropping some barriers (usually between close family, maybe a friend or two, or a neighbor). Other people might be in-home services (housekeeping, palliative care, etc).

Oh, to clarify, the poll is asking about interactions that are a bit more than seeing the check-out guy at the grocery store. This is more like occupying the same space for a more extended period of time (eg 30 min or more). Or perhaps your mother's nurse comes into your home for a few hours each week. That sort of thing.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Its just me, my wife and my parents.

Everyone else I know I placed them in the "Stay the hell away mode".

Marven

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Illinois
In person: 0. I live alone and work from home, so I'm never around anyone at the moment.

Online: 6-10. Moved our D&D game online and we're playing twice a week now. Plus normal online gaming stuff.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
PvMoAJucZf8M4Bb2Y0Rr-FMRoXZ5rKRxh-rRG3_6SpQ.jpg

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
About to be a whole lot more when I have to start teaching and spend an hour in a small room with each of my classes.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
If we are just talking in person, the only person I've hung out with since march is my SO who lives with me.
if we are talking online... uh plenty as all my in person friends are now online only friends.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Well I voted before actually reading the post since I didn't realize it was only in person folks on a day to day.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Its been just me and my wife. The only other person who has entered my house since March is a plumber who came out about a month ago when we didn't have a choice, and not only did we all wear masks, but I stayed out of the same room as him except to let him in and hand him the check at the end. I haven't seen any friends or family since then either. A few doctors appointments are the only time I've seen anyone. I've only entered a store once since March as well, when my pharmacy's drive through was broken...

This weekend though my parents are coming to visit for a few days (they live the next state over) so that will expand for the first time. A bit of a risk, but we're so tired of not seeing anyone and my parents have been the safest people we know in all of this so if we had to take a chance on anyone, they made the most sense.

Oct 25, 2017
I just hang out with my family in person. I have a DND group with some Era people over Discord, I do movie night with some online friends every Friday, and I have another Discord with some childhood friends where we just play video games and hang out. That's how I get my social interaction now lol

Hale-XF11

Dec 8, 2017
In person? 0
Online only? Just 1 that I talk to regularly, a few others that I see now and again and many more that I play games with or just hang out online whenever they're around.

Pyke Presco

Dec 3, 2017
Mine just dropped from about 4 to 0 (by virtue of moving to the other side of the country where I don't know anybody yet). I'm sure it'll go back up once I head into work next Monday and start to meet some people, but for this week it's just me and my hotel room while I wait for my furniture to show up.

Samenamenick

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Manchester, NH
I'm an 'essential ' worker (QA in manufacturing) so I interact closely with 30-50+ folks every day at least. Many are personal friends, we've even done a few happy hours recently. At home it's gf and 2 kids. So I've lucked out, as I thrive with other humans around.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Best friends: 5 people
Work friends: 3 people
Girlfriends friends (before pandemic we would all go out to dinner together): 5-6ish

So around 13-15ish people I suppose from different groups. This does not count any direct family.

But during pandemic, I have legit not seen anyone besides my girlfriend and direct family since March.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I have 6 close non-work friends. None of them are friends with each other, though, so I don't have a social circle as much as a collection of spokes, sans wheel.

Oct 26, 2017
Bit smaller now a year out of college, but trying to get into grad school this spring so hoping I can grow it again

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Do the people I regularly work with count, even if we never hang outside of work.

Do my 3 best friends count, even if we all live in different states and only chill online?

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Literally my SO and a couple of friends. There was a time that my circle was big and I exhausted myself in pleasing everyone, leaving myself completely empty. I lead a Much healthier life now.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Mine has shrunk considerably during the quarantine for physical contact and interaction. I've cut all my extracurricular activities for obvious reasons so I don't play with my kickball team, do my run club, or hang out with other friends outside my significant other and those I work with.

I still have a large group that I interact with online through a Discord server of friends from high school, college, and beyond.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
My in person friends (who I haven't seen since... January?) numbers about 4. If all my friends actually came out, it is about 6. When friends of friends are there were can get up to about 8.

Other than that, it's my mom, stepdad, two brothers, sister in law, niece and son. Those are the only people I've seen these last 6 months.

Online I have a friend, an in person friend but one that never comes out, but we play tons of Rocket League. I've also got two exes that live very far away but we talk semi regularly.

Oct 27, 2017
Live at home so constant interaction with my parents and 2 brothers. Outside of them I interact often with my grandma (from my mom's side). I interact weekly/biweekly with my best friend and my ex. Most of the other people I occasionally hang out with I know through them.

OP
OP

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, results look about what I was expecting. Figure some people would have to interact with more due to work. But I am surprised at how many 0-1 there are. That's either commendable or sad...

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Do you mean just physically in the context of COVID? If so, just my partner.

Most of my school friends moved away from the city. There are a few left, but they live in a different neighborhood and we haven't hung out physically since this all started.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
I've got one friend I've had dropping over recently and the immediate family so only about five people. It would be lower but things are easy going in my part of the world with covid. When covid first went down it was lock down just MrsBS and myself.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I'm grateful that I physically go into work every other day, because that's the bulk of my social interaction. That, and talking with coworkers via MS Teams.

My social circle has practically evaporated in 2020.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
My wife and I have a pretty large social circle of friends, 30-40, that we hang out with regularly, well we did before hell year 2020.

We have still tried to hang out in much smaller groups of those friends lately and we have had lots of big ass video chats with the full group.