• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How big is it?

• I sleep on the floor/couch.

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • I'm a hammock boy.

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Twin/Single

Votes: 104 10.1%
  • Full/Double

Votes: 195 19.0%
  • Queen

Votes: 409 39.7%
  • King

Votes: 249 24.2%
  • California King

Votes: 59 5.7%

• Total voters

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
I got a 180x200 (71"x79") bed a few weeks ago in the hope that I'm not gonna be forever alone šŸ˜‚

But honestly, feels good. All that space!

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I've always slept on Twin sized beds and I'm 6'3'' (1.92m for metric folks). Having a base that surrounds the bed keeps my feet from dangling. Had I been 2 inches taller, it would have been too small for me. The only problem is I've slept on bunk beds for pretty much all my life (top bunk). It can get annoying because blood circulation will sometimes cut off around my arms due to having long limbs. I have no idea how my brothers endured sleeping with women on Twin sized beds. But the size difference probably helped.

I've been considering upgrading to a Full lately to consolidate space in my bedroom and have more real estate. But if it was up to me, I'd sleep on the floor with either a futon or a fold-up mattress. Then I have to account splitting the bed with a woman to future proof myself. I'm lucky I have a big bedroom.

Whenever I stay in a hotel with friends at out of state conventions, I always opt to take the floor because I like having my own space. It's usually cheaper too since most people avoid taking the floor if they can help it. ;)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I upgraded from Ikea queen to a Serta Cal King. Pretty great but my back still hurts lol. Fiance sleeps on couch mostly so it's alllll mine! If I'm spending that much I'm gunna go big. Now this does mean there is no room for dressers ^^'

lunchtoast

Oct 26, 2017
When my wife moved in we upgraded to a king from leesa. It's amazing. My old queen is in the guest room.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
We have a king, but one of our dogs had a spine problem + surgery and is partially paralyzed, so he can't jump off of furniture, and he has to sleep with us, so we put the bed frame in storage and just sleep on the king mattress on the floor, lol.

Poeton

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
The wife and I went California king a few years ago after moving into our home.
Until then I had pretty much slept in the fetal position.
Now I sleep outstretched and I have never been happier.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
I did have a california king but it made me feel so lonely. All that empty space...
i now have a queen and I love it.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Invested on a king and it's so worth it. Yes, there isn't anymore space in the room for anything but the ability to actually sleep properly when needed it amazing. Sleeping with someone else is hard.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Full. It's fine for now, but if my GF and I move in together I'd like to upgrade to a queen though.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I used a twin for twenty years but have finally graduated to a full. It's nice.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Well, King in Puerto Rico but Queen in NY...we're planning to upgrade to King soon. I'm 6'6" and I need to streeeeeetch

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Queen. King feels very unnecessary. We have enough space in our queen to not touch each other if necessary. Which it often is because she's a goddamn furnace at night.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
California King. I am 6'6" tall. Probably one of the best purchases i have ever made for myself

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Queen, but kinda wish we had bigger. Have a foot or two of free space next to our bed.

Catch: it's a natural latex bed made in USA. So it was expensive but will last like 30 years (so cant just upgrade when it needs replacing) Did wonders for my back. It also weighs so much that when I warned the movers they sorta chuckled but then as soon as one went to grab it he gave it one pull then immediately called in the others.

I guess we could move it to the guest room if we got bigger. Wonder if an Alaska King could even squeeze through the door.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I have a queen-sized bed (by whatever standard IKEA uses). Only have to share it with two cats, though. If I shared it with a person I think I'd want to upgrade to a king.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Queen. Once I move into a house I'll get a King. Queen is fine for me and my gf but gets a little crowded with cats

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a small double (48"x76"). I'd love a bigger one but I've a fairly small room that's an awkward shape.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I slept on a full/double for most of my life. But after moving in with my now wife about 8 years ago we bought a king size bed. I miss the forced intimacy of a smaller bed sometimes, but ensuring that both of us are well rested is more important. So we'll likely stick with a kig size bed going forward.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I have been all over the mark with these. Currently I enjoy sleeping on a Sleepnumber King sized bed, and its seriously the most consistent and best sleep I have ever had.

I have had a full motion (single sack) water bed, full sized futon mattress right on the floor (surprisingly great for back sleepers), Twin beds (of course, and before my current bed a traditional pillowtop queen bed.

This one blows them all out of the water.

For just myself, I would probably go back to the futon mattress (pretty inexpensive especially with no frame, and available in many different sizes) but if you are sharing a bed ( like I do with my partner) I am so happy we went with the larger size and the sleep number.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Full size though trying to upgrade to a Queen soon. Don't really have room for a King, but might hold off until our next place in the next year or two to upgrade our mattress, so maybe I will.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
What's half of a twin size called? Because even though I own a Queen size bed, as much as my lady keeps rolling over and pushing me off the bed in her sleep, you'd think I'm sleeping in half a twin.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I had a full bed throughout my 20s, and then I got a Queen in my early 30s (about 4 years ago). When I'm able to upgrade to a bigger place in a couple years I'll upgrade to King.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Always had a queen. Have a queen now. Wife and I have plenty of space. King would be nice but our bedroom wouldn't really support it so w/e.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
We have a king. I think we could deal with a queen now, but we didn't regularly sleep in the same bed until we got a king lol. A combination of insomnia + inexperience sharing a bed until my late 20s I think

When I lived alone I had a full, which was really comfortable

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I have a queen which is usually cramped due to my gf and four cats that always sleep with us.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Full. I WANT a Queen. For some reason I had never thought about it before, but discovering traveling and hotel beds made me want to upgrade badly.

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Had a queen for a long time and felt cramped up against the wall for 12 years. We just got a Cal King and I have freedom! But still find myself propping myself up against the wall, old habits....

Before we bought the queen I had a full sized waterbed, never again!

Oct 27, 2017
For those who are not sure.

OfWvW1m.png
Thank you.