• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
CKT

CKT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 1, 2020
When you say this do you mean because he's been pushed to the left, or because the popular conception of 'normal' has shifted so far right?
What is conservative in America has changed since 1974, and people change with time too. To suggest Biden hasn't changed since 1974 really seems to laugh in the face of reality.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't the reality here just be that the Republicans would win everything? Splitting Dems into two parties doesn't seem like it'd work.

Maybe, but its also possible that the Republican party could split too. Maybe like the Secret Racist party vs the Public Racist party. I could see the MAGA dweebs trying to fracture the party if the GOP tries to go back to a Neo Con posturing after Trump loses

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, but its also possible that the Republican party could split too. Maybe like the Secret Racist party vs the Public Racist party. I could see the MAGA dweebs trying to fracture the party if the GOP tries to go back to a Neo Con posturing after Trump loses

Neither party is going to split if it means losing power to the opposing party.

OP
OP
CKT

CKT

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
This seems to be the third party dream, but it never comes to reality. Our voting system only allows for two parties to exist on a national level unfortunately. I would love for more parties to exist for better representation of the US but we are going to need a voting reform for that to happen.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
What is conservative in America has changed since 1974, and people change with time too. To suggest Biden hasn't changed since 1974 really seems to laugh in the face of reality.

I don't mean that I believe Biden hasn't changed. I said as much that I do in my first post in this thread.

What I want is to understand how you conceptualize those changes. Even in an unnecessarily broad sense. Like, do you think society has gotten more conservative? Less? Does it depend on the issue? Do you think Biden has shifted his opinions in the same direction? Has he, say, shifted farther left than society, lagged behind it, something like that?

OP
OP
CKT

CKT

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
I don't mean that I believe Biden hasn't changed. I said as much that I do in my first post in this thread.

What I want is to understand how you conceptualize those changes. Even in an unnecessarily broad sense. Like, do you think society has gotten more conservative? Less? Does it depend on the issue? Do you think Biden has shifted his opinions in the same direction? Has he, say, shifted farther left than society, lagged behind it, something like that?
Biden has shifted with society to the left, that's a major point of the article is that he is open to moving with the political climate. And I think Super Tuesday shows that the majority of democrats (the left of America) support his vision. So in that camp I would say he is a moderate, which is not the same as a conservative. So is he as far to the left as AOC and other bastions of our movement? No, but is he a conservative among the likes of Ted Cruz? Absolutely not. Hopefully that answers the question.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
ah yes, joe " i would veto m4a" biden is definitely super progressive, and would totally put a progressive on the supreme court, and would absolutely free the children in concentration camps lol
Did you even read that last article?
Ok, so let's just choose which parts of his words we choose to believe in.

reminder that we are electing a direction to head in, not exactly a destination
Seriously. I am so fucking tired of this shit.

There's a major difference. Like just unfathomably huge between the instances.

OP
OP
CKT

CKT

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
I 'love' how they used Merrick Garland as reasoning why Biden wouldn't choose a progressive SC judge, when Biden himself has said he would nominate a progressive black woman to the SC.
I mean, they still continuously bring up his lack of respect for personal space, along with the right mind you, despite him addressing that last year and stopping it. I feel the far Left has made their mind up about Biden and nothing can change that. Bernie or bust isn't just a meme, that's how many of them are unfortunately. But the primary shows that while I would like Bernie for President, America as a whole does not.

Jul 3, 2019
Problem is that the majority of those progressive people are young and just don't vote in high enough numbers. Case in point, Bernie.

Or there was clear meddling in the primary, just look at the clear discrepancy between the exit polls and the "total votes".
Let alone the push to keep polling stations open during the beginning of this pandemic, endangering people but also to depress the turnout.
The Democratic party is trash.

OP
OP
CKT

CKT

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
Or there was clear meddling in the primary, just look at the clear discrepancy between the exit polls and the "total votes".
Let alone the push to keep polling stations open during the beginning of this pandemic, endangering people but also to depress the turnout.
Oh boy, conspiracy theories from within now. Facts are that Bernie performed worse than in 2016, that's a BAD sign of a national election. I wanted President Bernie too but cmon man this aint the way.

Deleted member 2699

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they still continuously bring up his lack of respect for personal space, along with the right mind you, despite him addressing that last year and stopping it. I feel the far Left has made their mind up about Biden and nothing can change that.

He groped children. Sorry that isn't easy for some people to get over.

Anyways we saw these exact same types of articles about Hillary in 2016. Their primary function is to help liberals feel better about themselves about voting for people whose entire political careers have done nothing, but leave misery and death in their wake.

Jul 3, 2019
Are you seriously suggesting the primary was rigged?
Oh boy, conspiracy theories from within now. Facts are that Bernie performed worse than in 2016, that's a BAD sign of a national election. I wanted President Bernie too but cmon man this aint the way.

What was the mainstream media doing the entire time. Hand wringing over emoji's, loud audible sighs when he won Nevada, delaying his delegates for weeks after winning California.
They had a stake in the race and it was to hamstring the actual progressive candidate.
Let alone the 2nd and 3rd candidate dropping out and consolidating around the candidate who was performing spectacularly poorly.

Jun 20, 2019
This line of reasoning challenges the reader to state that all other Democratic candidates have also been shit on a huge range of policies, and hey that's easy for me to do.

All Democrat nominees have had awful reactionary policy positions.

OP
OP
CKT

CKT

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
What was the mainstream media doing the entire time. Hand wringing over emoji's, loud audible sighs when he won Nevada, delaying his delegates for weeks after winning California.
They had a stake in the race and it was to hamstring the actual progressive candidate.
Let alone the 2nd and 3rd candidate dropping out and consolidating around the candidate who was performing spectacularly poorly.
The same mainstream media that gave Bernie free townhalls and constant interviews? He was easily the most covered candidate of the primaries lol. And yeah, he was only winning because the party was fractured amongst Biden, Klob, Warren and Pete. Once they dropped out Bernie lost, this also showcases that Bernie did worse in 2020 than he did in 2016 because he still got worse turnout even against a fractured base.

You could try and make the argument there was a conspiracy against him in 2016, but in 2020? nah fam. Pack it up already this is sad.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
C'mon man. We need to take our L and hope that someday when you can vote by app young people finally turnout. Peddling this stuff isn't helping anything at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
1. The moderate candidates were always going to consolidate behind a single candidate, just like the voters would
2. The election was not rigged and Bernie didn't have his delegates stolen, it's a completely baseless accusation and erases the votes casted by everyone else
3. This is almost "fake news" tier of arguments

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not going to make guesses on conspiracy theories.

Polling stations being kept open would if anything endanger and supress the older, less progressive liberals, not the younger more progressive ones. Your theory doesn't make sense

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Biden is somewhere somewhat to the right of the center of the current Democratic Party, but the current Democratic Party is pretty far to the left of any previous post-war version of itself that has won the presidency, so yeah, the basic logic adds up. You're not getting the dyed-in-the-wool progressive you wanted, but you have successfully moved the center left over the past four years. Though, I will say, Biden actually seems like something of a retreat from how far left Hillary got pulled last time around, so it's not an absolute win.

So the strategy is to split the left-of-center vote and just sort of hope that it looks so cool and fun that the right does it too rather than exploiting the division?

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
It's thanks to leftists, and activists that we can even say Biden's platform is the most progressive. Biden is just blowing with the wind for his career. If Obama had come up during this election cycle there would be no doubt that his platform would be further left than his own real presidency was.

Jul 3, 2019
1. The moderate candidates were always going to consolidate behind a single candidate, just like the voters would
2. The election was not rigged and Bernie didn't have his delegates stolen, it's a completely baseless accusation and erases the votes casted by everyone else
3. This is almost "fake news" tier of arguments

There was a coordinated ongoing narrative that the biggest news networks ran with to undermine his platform.
It is the same shit they pulled with Jeremy Corbyn in the UK.
If you can't see that you are a fool.

OP
OP
CKT

CKT

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Downplaying sexual harassment allegations across multiple posts; attempting to circumvent ban by creating an alt account.

Yeah that's not groping. Maybe look up what groping actually is. And he's addressed this!

Always weird how they never post the videos of him doing this same stuff to men...
WireAP_84dc86617ddf48b3ba12abbcdcb55499_16x9_992.jpg
rs_1024x759-151016064617-1024.Barack-Obama-Joe-Biden-Washington-DC-JR-101615.jpg

216a82c89d6eed14c49bd0bec3320e3d.jpg
D3V1YMiWsAAfSfF.jpg

This article also covers it from an insider perspective, nothing Biden did was out of the ordinary for the climate and age he is from. And yet he is changing with the times!
www.usatoday.com

Joe Biden's physicality is a mark of old-school politicians, not a creepy old man

In the fifty years I have spent in the company of politicians one of the things that most surprised me was their public physicality, like Joe Biden's.

If you listen to Pod Save America, people that worked in extreme proximity with Biden, they will say the same thing that he is a very physically affectionate person. The fact this is still brought up astounds me. We are better than this on the left.

Oct 25, 2017
There was a coordinated ongoing narrative that the biggest news networks ran with to undermine his platform.
It is the same shit they pulled with Jeremy Corbyn in the UK.
If you can't see that you are a fool.
Do the rich people in charge have a vested interest against Bernie? Yeah absolutely, but there wasn't some grand coordinated conspiracy to tear him down, only pearl clutching.

Jul 3, 2019
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory attack on another member
Yeah that's not groping. Maybe look up what groping actually is. And he's addressed this!

Always weird how they never post the videos of him doing this same stuff to men...
12705228-6959207-image-a-21_1556193787153.jpg
rs_1024x759-151016064617-1024.Barack-Obama-Joe-Biden-Washington-DC-JR-101615.jpg
D3V1YMiWsAAfSfF.jpg

This article also covers it from an insider perspective, nothing Biden did was out of the ordinary for the climate and age he is from. And yet he is changing with the times!
www.usatoday.com

Joe Biden's physicality is a mark of old-school politicians, not a creepy old man

In the fifty years I have spent in the company of politicians one of the things that most surprised me was their public physicality, like Joe Biden's.

If you listen to Pod Save America, people that worked in extreme proximity with Biden, they will say the same thing that he is a very physically affectionate person. The fact this is still brought up astounds me. We are better than this on the left.

Maybe touching underaged girls and sniffing their hair isn't a problem for you.

Jul 3, 2019
Everyone is biased, and that doesn't make everything a conspiracy.

It wasn't just a bias, Bernie threatened their power and hold on this country.
Any underhanded shit to undermine him. To discredit him, to paint him as a misogynist, a liar.
They intentionally mislead people, and even Biden lied outright and the same media groups just let it slid.
Fucking Biden eulogized Fucking Strom Thurmond and then made the bold faced lied that he marched in Selma.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden is turning out to be a much better candidate than I ever thought possible, I think he has a genuine chance to win.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I think the same thing about the article; it's framing Biden's lack of ideological center as somehow being a good thing when at best it means Biden will probably need a lot of public pressure to make good legislative decisions.

Biden will be a rubber stamp for whatever progressive legislation manages to get past Congress. He isn't going to be the one holding us back in that regard.

Stellares

Oct 27, 2017

216a82c89d6eed14c49bd0bec3320e3d.jpg
D3V1YMiWsAAfSfF.jpg

www.usatoday.com

Gross, there is a gulf of difference between those interactions between men and women. The girls in that video are visibly uncomfortable. And you just posted a photoshopped image of biden with al franken.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Biden will be a rubber stamp for whatever progressive legislation manages to get past Congress. He isn't going to be the one holding us back in that regard.

Except medicare, of course. And for all that this could be the most liberal platform in democrat history, it's telling that his attempt to placate the left didn't even lower the medicare eligibility age as low as Clinton did during her run.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Except medicare, of course. And for all that this could be the most liberal platform in democrat history, it's telling that his attempt to placate the left didn't even lower the medicare eligibility age as low as Clinton did during her run.

Including medicare. The limiting factor is what can get past congress, not whether he will sign it or not.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
As I've said before, this is more of a "I'll believe it when I see it" when it comes to a potential Biden presidency.

OP
OP
CKT

CKT

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
Gross, there is a gulf of difference between those interactions between men and women. The girls in that video are visibly uncomfortable. And you just posted a photoshopped image of biden with al fraken.
it was a group image, but yeah the al franken one looks off I agree. Bottom right is with his son. The photo of him and Jeff flake is exactly the same as him with the women though though? I don't want to turn this into a photo dump but we can find plenty of photos of biden touching men and boys the same way he touches women and girls.

joecop.jpg

images
MW-IB304_biden0_20200302200344_ZQ.jpg

images

rawImage.jpg

Biden is physically affectionate, he's addressed it and is trying to stop the behavior. He's also not operating any differently than a lot of politicians have for a long time. Can we move past this already? It's a tired talking point, there are legitimate things to critique Biden on and this one seems quite petty to me.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Where did I say that?

I'm just saying "the right could plausibly split too" isn't really an argument for the left splitting into two separate parties not being electoral suicide.

And even if it did split, a four-party system without proportional representation would be chaos. You'd get results like Far Right 30% Center Left 29%, Far Left 28%, Center Right 13%, Far Right wins with under a third, a unified left held a 57% majority but gets nothing. And maybe across the whole country the chaos would even out to benefit and harm everyone pretty equally, but if there were a systemic shift one way, where, say, the far right is always a smaller fraction of the right wing vote than the far left is of the left wing, you'd create, in that scenario, a systematic advantage for the center right party.

Stellares

Oct 27, 2017
it was a group image, but yeah the al franken one looks off I agree. Bottom right is with his son. The photo of him and Jeff flake is exactly the same as him with the women though though? I don't want to turn this into a photo dump but we can find plenty of photos of biden touching men and boys the same way he touches women and girls.

joecop.jpg

images
MW-IB304_biden0_20200302200344_ZQ.jpg

images

rawImage.jpg

Biden is physically affectionate, he's addressed it and is trying to stop the behavior. He's also not operating any differently than a lot of politicians have for a long time. Can we move past this already? It's a tired talking point, there are legitimate things to critique Biden on and this one seems quite petty to me.

No you don't get to dictate that and quit making the false equivilance of touching people consensually in each pic you showed and the inappropriate touching and sniffing of women that violated their boundaries.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I mean he had to drop out of a previous presidential race due to a plagiarism scandal so I guess I want to understand how you interpret his statement about the veto.

Status
Not open for further replies.