• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
I'm OK at it but it usually requires me one adjustment 50% of the time. If I had a rear camera, things would be easier.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much perfect. Living in Boston taught me to value parallel parking and I can basically nail it first time unless I'm in an unfamiliar car.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I've always been pretty good with it, and it's so much easier with a smaller car. Can't say I've ever done it with a vehicle larger than a sedan, though.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Im quite good but I kind of avoid it when I can even if it means parking a block away. A cousin of mine is an absolute pro, last time i went out with him he parked in a spot that was 50cm or so bigger than the car. Impressive.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
S-tier.
I used to have a job at a car dealership and spent a lot of my day getting cars in and out of tight parking spots, and quite a few were parallel parked.

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
I find it pretty easy personally but I guess that it helps that I was a delivery driver for 5-6 years. You give me a spot a 1-2ft bigger than my vehicle and I'll make it fit.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Never hit anything, but I've been nearly locked in late at night from people parking too close (took me like 10 mins of tiny turns to get out), so I tend to avoid it unless I can make sure I'll have space.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
anything less than a generous car length and I'm pretty fucked tbh. particularly if there's waiting traffic, goodbye composure

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
I can usually do it with no corrections needed.

I highly recommend that you practice it in an empty parking lot so that you can do it reliably when there are no other options.

Same thing for backing into parking spots. Learn it, and be a better/safer driver.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
I live in NYC and have a car, so my wife and I are basically experts at this point. I'm typically the one who parallel parks the cars when I'm outside of NYC with my friends from other places.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good. I still have trouble gauging the size of the space from time to time if it seems like a tight fit. I try not to risk it if they're other spots around.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I own a Volvo so it's a no go. I'm actually pretty good at parallel parking but this car doesnt do left and right, it does starboard and port. The wheel lock is atrocious.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
good since it's a must in european cities, but i rarely drive my car in the city because it's a fucking pain in the ass, i cycle, walk, use the trams, U-Bahn and buses instead. only time i use it is if I go buy something bulky

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
I think my level is above average, but it's still extremely stressful to have to parallel parking knowing you might block the road if you are too slow.
Every time I manage to do so correctly and without too much trouble I just feel lucky (but in reality it's just that I mastered a good enough technique, I just lack the confidence)

ArtTeitlebaum

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Funny thing is that parallel parking in a row is much easier for me than backing in a parking spot. I avoid the latter at any cost, but can park parallel on the right or left with ease.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Nonexistent, I guess. I don't think I've parallel parked in my life, outside the traffic cone mockup we practiced with in my high school driver's ed class 15+ years ago. I have no idea how well I'd do I tried today.

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty good at it. Can parallel park anything, from a tractor trailer on down to a scooter.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I live in California and never have to do it, that said once I 'figured it out' I've always been ok at it. I still won't wedge myself into a tiny spot if I can avoid it, but I can at least do it.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
It's a practiced skill. I used to be very good at it when I lived in the city and had to do it all the time, but having not lived in the city for well over ten years now and having to do it like 4 times a year, I suck at it and hate it.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Nonexistent. I always wish my tires could turn 90⁰, and I could just drive completely sideways into the space.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
My dad taught me in our muddy dirt driveway at night while it was raining after 3 straight days of storms because we couldn't wait it out any longer as my test was the next morning. It made me pretty good at it quickly. I''ve mostly lived in cities since and kept the skill up.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
50-50 with no rear cameras. Most of the times parking with either leaning on the right or left.

Please drop all your select advices and wikihows to practice because I didn't have it in my driving test, lol.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't do it and it's the only thing that makes me nervous when driving

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Not great. I don't get much chance to practice, and my spacial awareness isn't amazing. That said, I've never hit anything while attempting it, it just takes me a little longer than I'd like.

JaY P.

Oct 27, 2017
Paradise
I parallel park from time to time. SUVs, Sprinter Vans, and various cars.

Use your mirrors to help you gauge where your tire closest to the curb is. As a former driving instructor, I recommend practicing using 2 empty plastic garbage cans.

Kleefeld

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
Practice makes perfect. They are the only kind of spots in my neighbourhood. Also with a curb, that's extra fun.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd say I'm pretty damn good at it. I drove Uber/Lyft for 4 years, so I got a lot of practice when I waited for rides late Friday/Saturday night in the city.

As a bonus, I worked at a car dealership years and years ago for about 6 years. I did *tons* of car jockeying around the lot, so I'm very comfortable with maneuverability forward or reverse, for any length of road. I could drive backwards through the streets if I wanted to :D

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can I be honest, I haven't done it once. I will park a street away if it requires me to parallel park. I'm going to try and learn when I get a car with a rearview camera.