• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How are you supposed to lotion yourself?

• Standing up

Votes: 112 69.6%
  • Lying down

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Lotion body in portions throughout the day

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Sitting down

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Diving head-first in a tub full of lotion

Votes: 15 9.3%

• Total voters

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
phoebe-very.gif

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Lotion?

I can't say I've ever come out of the bath or shower feeling dry. I'm not washing myself with industrial cleaning solvents.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
Do non-black men lotion? I remember growing up and my white friends always said lotion was for girls.

I'd say it's pretty common among most POC in general. I'm a brown guy and I've always it daily since I was a kid.

I do get some funny looks / comments from white guys for carrying lotion around, which is usually when I whip out that Bill Burr video.

Storminormin

Jan 14, 2018
I only really ever use it on my hands a couple times a day because my skin cracks otherwise. Everywhere else though is fine. Interesting to hear that having a darker skin tone can make your skin dry out more easily.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Question is, how dry is your skin? Do you not lotion because your skin doesn't get dry when you wash, or because white men often don't consider using lotion despite the fact that it might improve their lives?

We will need high resolution photos of all your skin. You can blur out your eyes, but nothing else.

I'm not like morally opposed to skin treatments, or Beaty products for men in general, but I just never felt dry or ashy or whatever after I shower. It just never crosses my mind, but I know I hate sunblock cause how greasy it makes me feel. Is lotion significantly different?

The only other thing I can think of is having a humidifier in winter so my ENT areas don't dry out in the night. I live in Chicago area currently for climate. Is dry skin a climate related thing?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I actually haven't had a bath since I was like 8.

I should lotion myself after showers though, I have naturally dry skin.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The real answer is that the best way to apply lotion is with the help of your childhood bro. Ain't no way you're reaching all those crevices by your own.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Always wondered if this was why white guys' faces turn to leather.
I think that has more to do with their tanning culture than anything. Afterall, sundamage is one of the quickest ways to age your skin yet they still do it on purpose. The most bizarre thing ever. Like, literally go to tanning beds or lay out in the sun, doing.... Nothing. They have little to no melanin a lot of the time and just turn red/pink.... they've gotta realize how harsh they are being on their skin? :/

But yea , that plus a lack of moisturizer can do that I guess.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
I usually alternate between standing and sitting on the bed. Only thing I really struggle with is getting my whole back moisturized.
Black people don't have that luxury. We out here all trying to avoid looking like Kevin Durant's ankles

PHOTO-Close-Up-Kevin-Durant-Has-Such-Dry-Skin-On-His-Legs-It-Looks-Like-Lizard-Skin.jpg
Whoooooo, I was feeling bad about my shit looking like a dry river delta lately, but this is next level lmao. Looks like Crocodile grabbed that shit.

latest

Shit. Need to find my coconut oil. Fucking itching just looking at KD's ankles lol.

Last edited:

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine having to apply lotion to my entire body every day. Do you have to reapply as the day goes on too?

Why would I be putting lotion all over myself after a shower to begin with?
Please start using lotion, fellas. And yes, lotion after a shower is the optimal time to use it. You're supposed to dry off, but not all the way, and then lotion your body.
Even if your skin doesn't look ashy, it is. The soap and hot water is drying out your skin. Y'all got dry, ashy dick and balls.
Not only that but lotion will keep your skin looking younger for longer. This is partly why "black don't crack" and us PoC age so much more gracefully than a lot of y'all.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao! Yeah, I don't think that would work very well for coconut oil at room temperature. Melting that shit just makes a mess too. Guess I'll keep slathering the back of my hands to get to the middle.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I'm not like morally opposed to skin treatments, or Beaty products for men in general, but I just never felt dry or ashy or whatever after I shower. It just never crosses my mind, but I know I hate sunblock cause how greasy it makes me feel. Is lotion significantly different?

The only other thing I can think of is having a humidifier in winter so my ENT areas don't dry out in the night. I live in Chicago area currently for climate. Is dry skin a climate related thing?

Climate is a factor, but the issue is mostly the detergents in soap. They clean by removing the layer of dead skin and oil from your body, but you need to replace that oil to protect yourself from drying out too much.

Sunblock, I have to shower off as soon as I get home. That stuff is far thicker, and much less absorbent: it's designed to be gloopy sunglasses for your epidermis. A good lotion for you (meaning a lotion that has the effect you want on your unique skin type) will feel moist rather than greasy, absorb very quickly, and leave your skin feeling clean, healthy, and thoroughly hydrated. I can't stand greasy lotion either, so I buy stuff that leaves me silky. There's no residue, just healthy skin.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Use a gentle moisturising shower cream, use lotion, use creams. Take care of your skin people.