• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I haven't watched Black Widow and I'm not too excited about it, but will watch on Disney+ when it becomes free.

I'm looking forward to Shang-Chin but I'm not risking going to the theaters so I'll also wait for that to hit Disney+.
Otherwise, completely enjoyed WandaVision, and absolutely loved Loki. So, good start!

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good so far.

Plot to Black Widow movie was stupid
Bad man controls every action for a legion of people with a device in his drawer...
and could have been about 45 minutes shorter without losing anything. But everything else has been great

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed Wandavision and Loki so far. I think both shows set up the future movies really well.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I thought the D+ shows were okay. Loki was my favourite. They all had meh endings imo though.
Haven't bothered with Black Widow, and What if? bored me from the start so that's not grabbed my attention. Eternals I'll definitely watch but I don't think it's going to grab me the way Avengers did.
Thor is probably the only thing on that list I class as a must watch.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
wow, eternals, shang chi and dr strange should have all already come out if not for covid? dayum.

we finished wandavision the other day and started falcon and winter soldier and so far they're pretty good. I honestly can't believe the special effects budget for wandavision.
Black Widow was very very average.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Up to date with the current releases.

Pleased so far.

I forgive the minor issues in Wanda and FatWS due to Covid. I do love all three "TC" series so far. If they had been completed as the were envisioned, it would be Wanda first, with a tie between Loki and FatWS. As it is now, it is Loki, FatWS not far behind, and Wanda for not sticking the landing completely.

Black Widow was nothing like I expected and I was pleasantly surprised. Watching at how with friends was good too.

"What If" are great.

Planning to see the rest. With Covid, how and when is the question.

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
I've really enjoyed everything ( not seen What If... yet).

Loki is probably the standout show perhaps unsurprisingly, along with Florence Pugh in Black Widow as the standout new addition.

Wanda started off really interesting and unique. Strong supporting cast. The Ralph thing was clever. End was a bit of a mess.

Falcon had some great moments. I liked the grounded nature of it, but it is probably the weakest of the TV shows so far.

I have high hopes for Shang-Chi. Looks amazing.

Eternals I think will be a world building vehicle of sorts to introduce more cosmic beings, but I expect things won't really start to kick off until the Spider-man/Dr. Strange movies.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
As a reminder MCU Phase 4 is below. These dates were Pre-covid obviously.

b8c1d11081.0.jpeg

Based on online reactions, it seems many aren't feeling Phase 4. I think I saw some 4 hour video essay on YT critquiting it. I didn't watch it the full thing obviously, but it got some bloke to rant for 4 hours lol.

I'm behind on the shows and caught up on the movies.

I found Black Widow fun, but it could've been better. I know some just hated it.

I think Thor will end up being the best movie here since the director is solid.

Your OP is missing a TON of phase 4 content. There's a better pic in the thread with all the upcoming shows you should update the OP with.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
100% nailed it - this is how I feel about phase 4 as well though WandaVision had a slow start for me personally. What If is pretty good so far, I'm actually seeing Shang-Chi in theaters and curious about The Eternals.

Eternals is going to be interesting. It feels very different so I'm curious to see how audiences react to it. Personally I dislike those characters, so I'm going in with low expectations. I also hate the Inhumans, so I hope they stay away from the MCU lol.

Pretty good so far.

Plot to Black Widow movie was stupid
Bad man controls every action for a legion of people with a device in his drawer...
and could have been about 45 minutes shorter without losing anything. But everything else has been great

Bad man has a video montage of bad events ready on a big screen to play for the protagonist.
Always cracks me up when I see this in a movie.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
My only issue so far is Disney trying to force me into a theater for Shang Chi and Eternals. Super annoying.

The content has all been great so far.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
3 shows have been fucking amazing (wandavision, loki and what if) one hasnt been as great (falcon and winter soldier) but at least the actually make me like Bucky and Zeemo is not a real character.

So yeah its going incredibly well. The multiverse is exciting!

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Loving it so far. Wandavision and Loki were both great. What if and Black Widow were good but not great. (And What If kind of varies from episode to episode.) The only thing I've been sort of meh about was Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but that mostly suffered from a weak villain.
Really looking forward to Shang-Chi, Eternals and Spider-man. My only concern is that while I think Eternals will probably be a really good movie, I don't see how it's going to mesh with the MCU going forward. (I've read a few Eternals comics but nothing that hugely connects to the rest of the Marvel universe.)

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
The whole phase-thing is bullshit marketing, but at least this time it actually feels like it's starting something new somewhat.

Wandavision: amazing start, went of the rails in the second half
Falcon & Winter Soldier: mediocre. Some good stuff, some bad.
Loki: Best of Phase 4 so far. Really good except for the final episode, when it is completely dragged down by exposition, losing focus of the actual main characters for 40 minutes of 'this is what this phase will be about. Please be excited'
Black Widow: dull.
What if?: only saw the first episode, but didn't actually make me want to see the rest. Kind of not interested in being told a story I saw already sped up and with a small twist that doesn't have an all that big impact on said story anyway. Liked the art style though.
But I'll check the two episodes that got released in the meantime, so jury's still out.

Kinf of looking forward to Shang-Chi after the good reviews, even though the trailers didn't do much for me. Spider-Man trailer didn't really set me on fire. Eternals I'm looking forward to based on Chloé Zhao alone, as the trailers aren't really selling me on it yet.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Eternals is going to be interesting. It feels very different so I'm curious to see how audiences react to it. Personally I dislike those characters, so I'm going in with low expectations. I also hate the Inhumans, so I hope they stay away from the MCU lol.

I honestly have no idea who The Eternals are which is what makes me curious, plus the trailers have a unique feel to them. No clue about Inhumans either! :D

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I would say it is the smoothest it has ever been. You know what you are getting. It is very much a fast food franchise at this point.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
My only issue so far is Disney trying to force me into a theater for Shang Chi and Eternals. Super annoying.

The content has all been great so far.
Yeah, I don't get that, just as Covid infections and deaths are ramping up again worldwide and will rise even more come fall, just put them on Premier Access. The movies won't make their pre-Covid box office numbers anyway. I really hope they reconsider.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not doing much for me so far.

Black Widow was a dissapointment and the TV shows are meh.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
It feels like the big cohesive "main story" is done and now we're dropping into regular weekly comic territory.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Black Widow was shit. Honestly would have been a better movie if it was about Red Guardian and her sister.

Other than that, I've enjoyed everything else so far (even if I feel they had the potential to be better) but I feel like Phase 4 hasn't hit that stride yet that makes me hyped for what's next. Though I've no doubt that they will eventually pull of something amazing yet again.

It feels like the big cohesive "main story" is done and now we're dropping into regular weekly comic territory.
This

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty happy with Wandavision, I'm sure I'll like Loki whenever I get around to it, and I can't wait to watch Spidey later this year. That's about it.

Jun 6, 2018
Kang makes me incredibly excited for Phase 4. I hope they use him as a a Phase4/5 level character with the Thunderbolts as the ground level Phase 4 threat.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
it's certainly more diverse not in just it's cast but the sheer amount different choices it has taken in terms of genres, directors and overall creative force behind the camera. it's all exciting, it brings new blood to a now 13 year franchise and reduces the chances of it being stale anytime soon.

Otheradam

Nov 1, 2017
More interested in the TV stuff coming up than movies. Based on the list, every movie is a sequel other than Shang-Chi, Eternals and F4. While I'm looking forward to all that, its familiar territory. The new character shows on the tv side is way more interesting to me.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
VERY excited for No Way Home, though my outlook for the MCU rises and falls with how they use You-Know-Who.

If I don't like it, I'm out. If I do like it, I'll hang around for Fantastic Four and X-Men.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed Wandavision, Loki, and Shang Chi. Black Widow and Falcon/Winter Soldier were pretty mediocre for me. Haven't seen What If yet.

So overall mostly positive.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Got a link to the video?

I'm a simple man, one of the people who says there hasn't been a bad movie in the MCU yet. I've enjoyed everything so far, some more than others but they've all been pretty entertaining.

Loki > FATWS > WandaVision

I liked Black Widow and so far I'm loving What If. Don't think Phase 4 has any chance of topping Phase 3 but it's been different and good.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I'll likely end up watching all of the Disney+ shows, because that will be the only thing worth watching from the subscription, along with "That show with baby Yoda that isn't the name of the race" (and I just use my friend's anyway), but as far as the movies go, the only ones I'm actually looking forward to are Thor, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy and Moon Knight. Fantastic Four might finally be done justice though.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Wandavision was okay

Falcon and winter soldier was great

Loki was boring at first but got better in second half

Haven't seen black widow - waiting for Disney plus release that isn't premium access

Also haven't seen what if yet

In terms of how hyped I am for future releases

High
-Spider-Man no way home
-Dr strange 2
-Thor love and thunder
-Guardians of the Galaxy 3
-Antman 3
-secret invasion

middle
-eternals
-black Panther 2
-blade
-she hulk
-armor wars

low
-Shang chi
-Captain marvel 2
-Fantastic 4
-ms marvel
-Hawkeye
-moon knight
-iron heart
-I am Groot

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Loki is one of the best things the MCU has ever done, WandaVision is great, Falcon/Soldier was all over the place (great and not great), and Black Widow was fine.

And What If has been pretty great too.

I'm really excited for pretty much every movie coming out this year and next.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Got a link to the video?

I'm a simple man, one of the people who says there hasn't been a bad movie in the MCU yet. I've enjoyed everything so far, some more than others but they've all been pretty entertaining.

Loki > FATWS > WandaVision

I liked Black Widow and so far I'm loving What If. Don't think Phase 4 has any chance of topping Phase 3 but it's been different and good.
Can't find it in my history. If I do I'll send it your way.

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
I'm lost at this point and don't know where any of this is going to go to- the big finale, per se. At least the last phase made sense to me as a comic reader kid in the 90's this stuff though has me totally lost, and it's making me not really care, because I have no idea where it's going.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
It's good like almost everything MCU does, but its missing that big hook up until now. Hopefully Strange 2 pays off the different threads they've been seeding. Falcon and WS was the only thing I thought was below their usual standard so far

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Okayish overall, but we have yet to see most of the exciting stuff.
Wandavision was mostly meh, Falcon/winter was worst, Loki was amazing.
Black Widow was okayish, it's mostly a bad timing, should have been made when the events happens so 3-4 yesrs ago.
Shang-Chi seems good.
No idea what to expect from Eternals even with a trailer.
Spider-man seems amazing.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
it's certainly more diverse not in just it's cast but the sheer amount different choices it has taken in terms of genres, directors and overall creative force behind the camera. it's all exciting, it brings new blood to a now 13 year franchise and reduces the chances of it being stale anytime soon.

This is something I do love about the phase so far. You can see the diversity in the Assembled making of videos on Disney Plus. I like to imagine Perlmutter cursing under his breath any time he sees anything MCU related these days.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I've been enjoying it so far, with Loki being the current highlight. Shang-Chi may dethrone it, though.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It just got off the ground direction and plotwise so I'll withhold judgement until it's finished. Loving the foray into television though. I prefer the smaller size stories but with the same budget as if it were a full 20+ episode season. So gotta give credit where credit is due.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's barely begun but i'm really enjoying it.

The Multiverse aspect is a welcome change and i'm enjoying how weird it's all getting.

I think No Way Home, Love & Thunder, Black Panther 2, Dr Strange 2 and Guardians 3 will propel this phase very high.