• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarkMagician

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I visit a new town, it's clear that this isn't my Isabelle when she talks to me but rather another Isabelle

How can this be? Are Isabelles and Tom Nooks all the species just like Toad? Or is each town an alternative universe?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Weekend threads already? I just woke up.

But sure, let me tell you all about AC's cloning programme...

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Nook is just running all those islands with the same group of people.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Well with the update, Rover talks about how Nook made it big time from just starting off with the cranny, so there is continuity.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Whenever I visit a new town, it's clear that this isn't my Isabelle when she talks to me but rather another Isabelle

How can this be? Are Isabelles and Tom Nooks all the species just like Toad? Or is each town an alternative universe?

it's a video game. it doesn't have to make sense

how can multiple players pick the same character in smash? is a clone spontaneously generated?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
Nook and Isabelle are four-dimensional entities, and on each island there resides but a single 3D slice of their true forms, which are unknowable to us lower beings

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It's a videogame.

No literally, within the canon of AC:NH, it's speculated by some visitors that you're in a digital simulation - explaining the more explicitly game-like aspects of the economy & world. So logically, we can assume the multiple Nooks and Isabelles are part of this simulation - hidden entirely from animal villagers, but exposed to the human residents (who already are given more control over the island than anyone else, as they actually understand the fact this is a videogame.).

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
The answer is that there are a bunch of Tom Nook's and Isabelle's kinda like Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Tom Nook is the Harbinger of Fate. No matter what, you must not fall in love with Isabelle.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
There's multiples of the other characters as well. It's always weird running into one of my villagers at someone else's island.

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
You could just be crossing between alternate universes when you travel to another island, a bit like in Dark Souls.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Well, there is an idea of Isabelle, but all Isabelles you find are just instances of that idea.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There is always an Isabelle, there's always a Tom Book, there's always an island.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
They are ancient eldrich beings who don't actually inhabit a physical form in our world; they simply project an image into our minds.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Dodo Airlines is an interdimensional transport service. Each island exists in its own discrete reality, separate from the every other island.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
they are all animatronics running the island. youre in a bizarro chuck-e-cheese universe

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
The biggest question that everyone is too scared to answer and I bet no-one will answer it now is - How come there's real animals like hamsters for sale and fish and insects you catch, and a dog house you can build? What is this society that allows this?!

Or is this just a furry colony?

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019

Multiverse, why do you think your loans have no deadline? Someone's already paid them. Dodos are extinct, but the ones running the airline are dimension travelers that run very precise equipment to maintain their fragile existence in our reality. That's why they're halted by even the slightest interference. Same with Redd. His fake paintings are real from another universe. He's no con artist, just a multiversal entrepreneur, selling interdimensional art.

Timmy and Tommy are new clones, being formed for the next AC game.