• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Tetris 99 has now been out for 10 days and I've been playing it on and off inbetween breaks...and it looks like that's all added up to a pretty beefy number! Infact I'm only 15 hours off my lifetime hours in Puyo Puyo Tetris which will no doubt be dethroned. I'm sure that's far from the highest on the forum so I want to see what crazy time some of you have put into this 2019 GOTY

D0Sr6ivUcAAnAAI.jpg

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Do you feel like Tetris 99 is worth the online subscription alone? I don't care for (S)NES games, don't game online much

storophanthus

Nov 27, 2018
I played through three accounts (I was trying to see the effect of levelling system)

Main account 25 hours.

But I just played the other accounts for 4 hours just now.

So it should be around 30-35 hours in total.

opalheart

Apr 5, 2018
10 hours for me. Seems like it should be more, I've gotten super into this

Do you feel like Tetris 99 is worth the online subscription alone? I don't care for (S)NES games, don't game online much
IMO nah, I enjoy Tetris 99 a lot but if you don't play other online games it's not worth it. If you were interested in both Tetris 99 and Puyo Puyo Tetris however... maybe.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

On paper I'd say no, but in reality... it's not that much money, and I've put in a lot of time on it. I think there's certainly people for whom the answer is yes. I think it's yes for me, but I tend to a be a bit impulsive with purchases anyway.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Just the 5 hours so far for me. Definitely gonna get a lot more playtime out of it though.

Handicapped Duck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
70 hours but some of that is just leaving the menu on here and there.

D0UqIswV4AA1R1s.jpg
3,000 hours into Splatoon 2. Makes my 150 hours look paltry. How do you have time for other games with a playtime like that?
I have 3 hours for Tetris 99. Thought for sure I played a lot more. Maybe I put all those in within the first three days.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
THREE THOUSAND HOURS
i cant even comprehend how is it possible, that's 5.2 hours playing the game everyday since it launched 575 days ago
5 hours a day... that's barely 2 rotations, some Salmon Run, and ability crafting each day. Also I've left the game running quite often, when having breaks here or there. So it's probably closer to 2500 hours maybe?

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Me and the missus played it all evening the day after it came out.. had a great time.
Haven't played it since but that's entirely down to my aversion to the stress of pvp.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Les than an hour currently. I like the game but it's one of them that I do one or two rounds then switch to something else. I can see myself playing it for a long time though. Just small sessions.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Only 5 hours or more, but I'm waiting for the extra modes and online events to REALLY dig into it.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I played one game. Never going to win as I don't T-spin and I don't like that you can target specific people.

Oct 28, 2017
I wish I could just buy this game. I want to play it but under no circumstances am I giving Nintendo money for their online subscription.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Can't check my stats now but probably around 15.

It's a ridiculously good game. Probably will end up being my GOTY.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
15 hours on Tetris so far (and 700 on Splatoon 2 since that's now relevant to this topic, but I haven't played the game much after moving out of Japan). Tetris is 9000% worth the 20 euros. And since I have a family plan with friends...

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a good Tetris game on Switch that doesn't require a subscription? I have no interest in anything else the service offers, but I love Tetris.

Metallia

May 31, 2018
5 hours. Fun times but I'd probably play it twice as much if it also had just standard solo infinite Tetris as well as the core BR mode. Still going back to it every now and then regardless though.
I played one game. Never going to win as I don't T-spin and I don't like that you can target specific people.
You don't need to T-spin to win games. I've won 2 games in 70 matches played and only have 1 T mini-spin or whatever they're called according to my stats. I don't even know what a T-spin is.

Metallia

May 31, 2018
Is there a good Tetris game on Switch that doesn't require a subscription? I have no interest in anything else the service offers, but I love Tetris.
Puyo Puyo Tetris is a great game with lots of options and content. You can play standard Puyo and standard Tetris in it, as well as the main mixed modes.

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
I only have around 4-5 hours, which is only so low because I'm desperately trying to catch up to Kingdom Hearts so I can start on KH3.

This is a game where I will be playing every single night before bed. My favorite game ever is now a free to play Battle Royale. Huh.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I love Tetris, but haven't played it nearly enough unfortunately.

Just "1 hour or more", but I'll fix that for sure.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's fun enough, but way too much RNG involved to actually get addicted. Sometimes you just have bad luck and get target by 4-5 people.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I've played like an hour, but it is certainly addictive. Very much a "one more game" type of thing.

It highlights the Pro Controller D-Pad issues though, that gets very annoying.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
5 Hours or More. (It's about 7 hours.)

I feel so ashamed. I got dragged into Final Fantasy IX. Its features allowed me to practically breeze through the game, but now I can devote more time to Tetris 99.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Man, what happened? Day 1 I would always get top 20, often top 10.

Now, I can't even get top 50 :/