• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DSN2K

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Im call handler for LAS 111 / NHS UK

WateryWarmheartedChick-size_restricted.gif

We are just fine.

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
I'm a developer (financial industry), my company is going to do a trial WFH run to see if the VPN we use can handle the load. I'm a lowly contractor so I expect I'll get the axe if things begin to get real bad.

cubicle47b

Aug 9, 2019
Everyone in my company already works from home so the only thing that has changed is in-person events/meetings are canceled until further notice.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
Education in a low income area. Wondering how we are supposed to do elearning when most of our families can't afford for the kids to not be in school.

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
I work in a hospital laboratory. This has finally gotten my employer to decide to start performing respiratory testing in the biosafety cabinets, so that's good. We should have been doing it all along to be honest. Me and my coworkers think that the hysteria is kind of absurd.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I work in office rental/storage sales and it's mostly business as usual for us, we had a few emails basically saying if we have any flu like symptoms don't come to work but it was just general advice handed out by government agencies I guess. We're actually very busy at the moment though.

I'm not entirely convinced the company I work for are prepared for a situation where the few staff members who work here are not able to come to work, the main facility could potentially operate without staff for existing tenants but through experience that's not always the best idea, especially on an extended basis. It would be far more likely that we would need to restrict access during any closure and WFH for ourselves just isn't worthwhile - it's going to be a bit of a mess if worst case scenario actually happens.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I work in Healthcare, but luckily its office work so I'll be working from home. It's critical for us to keep operations going, so we are doing all we can.

rubidium

Oct 25, 2017
I work on heavy industry and.. oh boy we've taken a huge hit. Due to cosmopolitan-ness of this industry, virtually no meetings or commissioning can be done. I've never seen "force majeure" this often in my carrer.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I'm a pipefitter and it's business as usual. The contractor told us to stay home if we are sick. The customer we are doing work for is a leader in continuous glucose system monitoring devises, and I'm guessing they are taking things a little more serious than the contractor. I wouldn't be surprised if something goes down in the next week or two that effects my job.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I stage parties for typically 100-200 people.
I've heard nothing about COVID-19 while I've been at work, even from staff at venues or other vendors. Not even casual conversation, literally nothing.

Mar 7, 2020
USA
Active duty militar y- All commands are to track every servicemember in their command daily if they are affected by COVID-19 or suspected. If the person had been to China or any of the hotspot from December to January, they will need to be send to medical to be tested. If someone believes they are affected, they will go to the nearest Military Treatment Facility to get checked out by medical, and self quarantine for 14 days, or found fit for full duty status by medical before returning to work.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Not doing anything but telling us to wipe everything down, wear gloves, and washing our hands constantly. Of course I work in a grocery store so all we can do is try to mitigate things but you can't do much about someone forgetting to cover their cough and misting the air 20 feet in front of them.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
I work in the mortgage industry (HELOCs specfically). Rumblings about work laptops coming are about so we can just work from home. Rates are free falling so there's a ton of applications coming in, but not enough people to do them. Some departments are having forced (paid obviously) overtime and Saturdays. Hell, my manager sent the team an email today saying we'll be open from 7-11 if someone wants to come in on SUNDAY.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Law.

We are working from home unless there is a client meeting or having to make an appearance at court.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Its a nightmare... I work in IT... A lot of what we can do is switch folks to OneDrive and they have their own continuity for their workflow, Administrators say no they have to use legit laptops to remote into their workstations... So we sneezed $12k on laptops for 3 weeks use and then they're given back to us for us to keep in storage.....

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I work in phone sales.

All we're doing is disinfecting our display phones more, and our counters.

Us employees are washing our hands and using hand sanitizer.

Outside of that, nothing's changing.

However, I do get the awesome task of having to listen to all the right wing conservative dumbass that populate my town.

In the last two days I've been told that the virus was invented by the Chinese to get back at us for killing NAFTA, it was made by the Chinese just because and that it's just a flu virus because corona is another word for flu.

I straight up hate this town 😐

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I work in phone sales.

All we're doing is disinfecting our display phones more, and our counters.

Us employees are washing our hands and using hand sanitizer.

Outside of that, nothing's changing.

However, I do get the awesome task of having to listen to all the right wing conservative dumbass that populate my town.

In the last two days I've been told that the virus was invented by the Chinese to get back at us for killing NAFTA, it was made by the Chinese just because and that it's just a flu virus because corona is another word for flu.

I straight up hate this town 😐

I've heard a variation on the last one a lot.

"Corona virus just means common cold."

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
dangling the possibility of working remotely from home but software and security things that I don't understand would have to be installed on my home computer

I have no problem going to work at the office, I could use the car instead of public transit and just eat microwave meals

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I've heard a variation on the last one a lot.

"Corona virus just means common cold."

My future mother in law is the prime target for who this virus is killing, in her 70s, diabetic with surviving both cancer and a heart attack.

Her response to this, she's putting all her faith in Trump.

I was supposed to go back to South Dakota in three weeks, but I postponed it because I don't want to risk potentially infecting her if I somehow got it, and she's putting all her faith in a certified idiot.

😐

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Government human services department (child protection, EBT, homeless assistance, etc) - my County seems to be handling it really well. There was a push for each department to build a strong continuity of operations plans over the last decade, and it's fascinating to see it play out pretty smoothly so far. We've been transitioning all who are able to working from home, while those who must be located on-site due to the services we provide are going to be spread farther apart through the building using the extra space from people working from home. We supposedly have a somewhat good supply of toilet paper/hand sanitizer/etc for those who have to work on-site, but we'll see since something at this scale probably couldn't have been imagined.

Next week will be the true test of how well we can still provide our services to citizens. (and if other departments in the County are operating as planned)

Last edited:

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Sales have been way up year over year for years, and the panic is pushing it even higher, but I expect it to sharply drop. Thankfully it's a big company so it can weather the storm, but I imagine there could be layoffs in the worst case!

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The New England seafood restaurant I work for should be entering our busy season, but since Monday customers have plummeted. Really worried about getting hours cut or the city straight up being quarantined

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I help run a grocery department. It's been insane. Extremely busy. Busting our asses all day long and putting in overtime. Ordering as much as we can.

I don't know what's going to happen when we inevitably all get sick after being surrounded by people all day.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
I work in manufacturing, and obviously there is no WFH order from corporate, but it'd be nice...

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Work at a hotel/restaurant.

Starting to get hit pretty bad. Lots of cancellations, and with schools closing starting monday it's going to get so much worse.

Milly79

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I help run a grocery department. It's been insane. Extremely busy. Busting our asses all day long and putting in overtime. Ordering as much as we can.

I don't know what's going to happen when we inevitably all get sick after being surrounded by people all day.

Same, aside from I run the Drug side. It's been chaos. We're a smaller store that cannot handle the business we've been going through.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Paper recycling/processing/manufacturing, about zero change. Even that tp scare didn't really move the needle.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
My company will take a hit from this. Products are manufactured in several Asian countries and the industry in general is going to take a hit. Will be interesting to see if it will be a V curve or U curve in regards to how the market corrects itself over time.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I work in a live event production company. Pretty much all of us are losing our jobs tomorrow for the indefinite future.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Food supplement factory. The demand for our vitamin C supplements went up so much because of the virus that we can't really handle it without overtime (like it's gonna help). So it's actually doing good for the business.

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
Freelancing booking agent for artists/bands.
Majority of concerts got cancelled within a few days. And I think the city is about to shut down all clubs in the coming days. Hoping for summer/autumn recovery.
Just wondering a bit about the Schadenfreude I read in some forums that this sector is suffering.

Luckily I do website redesign and other graphic design stuff for a year as a secondary job. Guess I will be focusing on that for while.
Or just take a few weeks off.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
I work front desk at a business traveler-centric hotel that's right next to the arena for the area. Every major event in town and concert has been cancelled. We went from 80-90% occupied every night for the rest of the month to sub 50 for every day and we're just waiting for the regional gymnastics competition to be cancelled and really tank us in early April. Despite being a national chain, we're a small business that only owns two hotels in the area, so the owner/ceo is already feeling the pinch from this, and my GM today warned me we can expect some changes to staffing.

Also I'm not sure if the cough, sore throat, and running nose is just allergies or not, but they aren't testing in WV at all unless you've traveled internationally, so they apparently don't believe in community transmission here. My in laws are both elderly, and my mother in law is pre-diabetic with some recent health concerns and pneumonia within the last two months.

It's not going great.

Oct 27, 2017
Work at a major shipping port and work is way down, plus I'm also a high school sports Coach and they just cancelled our season and practice. Sad day for the players especially the Seniors but I know it's for everyone's best interest.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the tech industry. So far, no effects for our company, business as usual. On that note, we're testing out our internal systems to make sure it can handle the entire company working from home in case it's needed.

We generally have the option to work from home, so it's nothing unusual except for the matter of everyone in the office possibly needing to do so.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
I work in beer distribution. Nothing but an email saying to wash our hands and stay home if youre sick (unpaid.) Good times

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Freelancing booking agent for artists/bands.
Majority of concerts got cancelled within a few days. And I think the city is about to shut down all clubs in the coming days. Hoping for summer/autumn recovery.
Just wondering a bit about the Schadenfreude I read in some forums that this sector is suffering.

Luckily I do website redesign and other graphic design stuff for a year as a secondary job. Guess I will be focusing on that for while.
Or just take a few weeks off.
Yeah our industry is getting destroyed right now

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I'm a therapist at the largest campus in the country and we just decided to put everything online for the remainder of the semester. Don't know if we will do Zoom sessions or phone sessions for therapy with our students or...nothing. Totally unprecedented problem.