• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
www.youtube.com

HouseCast - Ep.1 Introduction

Welcome to HouseCast! On this first episode of HouseCast, we sit down and talk to Game Director, Harry Krueger about Housemarque's most ambitious title yet, ...

Jump to 6:45 to see pre-alpha footage!
Get hype šŸ˜ƒ

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
jQqM7u5.gif

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Looks fantastic, and what i was hoping for, clasic Housemarque wrapped up in a neat 3rd person shooter package.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
I hope they learned their lesson from Matterfall and managed score attack shooting and other gameplay elements better

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ouf looks really fucking cool. Like a AAA cinematic game crossed with an arcadey action shooter.

I need it

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Looks cool, unfortunately I don't think it will sell well unless it's priced very fairly.

Come to think of it, how incredible-looking would Resogun and Super Stardust be at 120fps?

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Looks cool, unfortunately I don't think it will sell well unless it's priced very fairly.

Come to think of it, how incredible-looking would Resogun and Super Stardust be at 120fps?

Havent all their games sold within what they exected.
They arent a AAA developer so they dont need to sell AAA numbers.

Nex Machina was one of my favorite games of last gen I dont believe it sold terribly. But it did more than enough for them.

Oct 25, 2017
Havent all their games sold within what they exected.
They arent a AAA developer so they dont need to sell AAA numbers.

Nex Machina was one of my favorite games of last gen I dont believe it sold terribly. But it did more than enough for them.
Didn't they at some point announce publicly that their arcade game style was not working out very well for them?

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Hopefully it's digital only and costs 30-40$, like the rest of their games just priced slightly higher

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Is there a aim lock like ReCore/Metroid? Looks good
I really don't think so, this will be quite hardcore game. Honestly I feel that aim lock completely destroys the meaning of shooting games, they become literally "hold the left and right trigger > wow you won!". This is why I despise ReCore and Crackdown 3. I've played the Metroid Prime games with free aim on Wii tho.

Btw new footage looks hot AF, really looking into this.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
This is a roguelite, right? My apologies, I haven't been able to watch the video yet.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
This game looks fucking awesome and makes me jealous if I don't get a PS5 down the line.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
I know it's Housemarque and I know what I should expect. But from that gif... I wanna explore the environments.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I really don't think so, this will be quite hardcore game. Honestly I feel that aim lock completely destroys the meaning of shooting games, they become literally "hold the left and right trigger > wow you won!". This is why I despise ReCore and Crackdown 3. I've played the Metroid Prime games with free aim on Wii tho.

Btw new footage looks hot AF, really looking into this.

Hm I really hope this is not a "quite hardcore game", at least options would be nice.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Holy moly this looks so good. I really hope this is HM's breakout title that helps them successfully move into this new era of theirs. I was worried for a while from some of their side projects not panning out.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This reminds me that now that I have a nice laptop, I should totally pick up Nex Machina and see how good it can look.

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Watched this when I booted up my PS5 this morning. Looks awesome.

First half of 2021 is looking really good with Returnal, Ratchet, and Kena.

baberunisei

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, looks like an over-the-shoulder perspective Next Machina. Very excited and happy with Housemarque's return(al) to what they do best