• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Emobacca

Nov 2, 2017
Disaster is not the right word to use. Dems have a majority and it only takes a majority vote in the House to impeach

senate will take 2/3rds to convict

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody that votes:
  • Yes the first time and yes now, has somewhat of a conscience
  • No the first time and yes now, believes they need to drop Trump to have a chance next election.
  • No the first time and no now, believes they need to support Trump to have a chance at the next election.
  • Yes the first time and no now, fell asleep on the wrong button.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Not sure if clever wording or moral judgment on the Republican House reps lol

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
giphy-downsized.gif

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I mean its the house, over a hundred of em after having their lives threatened still said 'Yup, voter fraud!' last week.

I would be more interested in if there's a major shift in the opposite direction, that will be key for shit down the line since the fire hasn't really let up over the week...its arguably gotten worse with donors threatening to pull cash for those who voted pro-voter fraud last week

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
They say that in public, but behind the scenes...

I have zero faith but will allow myself to be surprised.

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of Rs gonna be sweating between not being on the record against impeachment for the sake of fundraising but also not wanting to make their constituents mad. Should be a fun time!

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
That's assuming they have one, and also assuming any one of them have the spine to stand up to the MAGA citizens that want to kill them and then blame it on antifa.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
House Whip use to mean something different back in the day
71V3l%2Be%2ByYL._AC_SX522_.jpg

The Caning of Charles Sumner, or the Brooks–Sumner Affair, occurred on May 22, 1856, in the United States Senate chamber, when Representative Preston Brooks, a pro-slavery Democrat from South Carolina, used a walking cane to attack Senator Charles Sumner, an abolitionist Republican from Massachusetts, in retaliation for a speech given by Sumner two days earlier in which he fiercely criticized slaveholders, including a relative of Brooks.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
I mean, why would they bother? Dems have already confirmed they have enough votes to pass in the house, so it'd be useless for Republicans to try to create a monolith here. They know they'll lose and and are leaving it up to individuals to weigh "conscience", base support, and fund raising.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Liz Cheney has a conscious? She opposes same sex marriage and her sister is in one.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Liz Cheney is making a play for future of the House GOP, to be the leader of the anti-Trump GOP caucus.

On this vote I don't think it's going to matter much. You'll have 10-20 GOP House members to impeach if we're lucky. Comparatively, you had about, what, 120 house GOP members vote to overthrow the election?

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
A vote against Trump will tank their re-election hopes, in their minds. Let's see what is more important to them.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
House Whip use to mean something different back in the day
71V3l%2Be%2ByYL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Wow, what a fascinating story.

"Southerners mocked Sumner, claiming he was faking his injuries. They argued that the cane Brooks used was not heavy enough to inflict severe injuries. They also claimed that Brooks had not hit Sumner more than a few times, and had not hit him hard enough to cause serious health concerns. In fact, Sumner suffered head trauma that caused him chronic, debilitating pain for the rest of his life and symptoms consistent with what is now called traumatic brain injury and posttraumatic stress disorder."

As for the racist shitbird:

"Preston Brooks died unexpectedly from a violent bout of croup on January 27, 1857 at age 37, a few weeks before the March 4 start of the new congressional term. He was buried in Edgefield, South Carolina. The official telegram announcing his death stated "He died a horrid death, and suffered intensely. He endeavored to tear his own throat open to get breath."

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
I predict quite a few Republican congresspeople will have emergencies keeping them from the Capitol that day.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't care when Trump admitted to rape. This is simply a test of how they want to handle their optics right now.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If those ghouls had a conscience they would all go fucking supernova from the shit they've pulled.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently 10-20 GOPs will vote to impeach in the House.

So a very small minority.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
McCarthy sucks so much, such an awful caucus leader even in comparison to the disasters that were Boehner and Ryan. Cheney will probably be even worse once McCarthy inevitably steps down after this Congress. I don't think we see more than a dozen or so votes in favor of the motion. It'll be a lot less than those who didn't object to the election results.