• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a catch here? I find it hard to believe not a single Republican voted against this, especially if it's just a non-binding resolution.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
house having 420 members is hilarious to me

Also are unanimous votes a usual thing or is a 420-0 vote a big deal?

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't mean it won't have massive swathes of redactions once it's released to the public. I think some of those details that won't be made public are going to be prime fodder for the next decade of conspiracy theories.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a catch here? I find it hard to believe not a single Republican voted against this, especially if it's just a non-binding resolution.

The Mueller report is dictating 2020 Campaign strategy for everyone. It will be spun, twisted and crumpled by everyone on both sides to get votes.

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
house having 420 members is hilarious to me

Also are unanimous votes a usual thing or is a 420-0 vote a big deal?
It doesn't. The House of Representatives has 435 members when everyone's there. However, due to the election fraud in the NC-09 election last year, no representative has yet been seated for that district, so there are technically 434 active members of the House until a new election can be held for that district, I believe, which means that 14 people must have been absent and missed the vote, or otherwise have just voted "Present."

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In the republican bubble they think it's looking like nothing, and so releasing it will actually damage the opposition. Of course the democrats assume the reverse. The truth will set us free, I guess.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Wow, didn't expect 100% of Republicans to go along with that.

Does this have any teeth, though, or is it a non-binding resolution, even if the Senate takes up a similar resolution? The current Special Counsel law only requires that the Special Counsel submit his report to the A.G., who then provides a report to Congress. The Report can then be subpoenaed by Congress to be made public if necessary. The law was made that way because of the Starr Report, which Congress rightly thought was grand standing and ridiculous.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
pointless, ASIDE from showing bi-partisan support. With that being said.. I wonder if the GOP voted in favor because... it is a show vote and nothing more.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
Erm.... Wouldn't this mean that Everyone knows what is or isn't included in the report? So.... Trump either didn't collude.... Or they found a way to keep collusion quiet.....

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
Gaetz and Gosar continuing to be the ultimate turd smear on the paper of the constitution. God damn, their voters have got to be the worst fucking scum idiots.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely in that boat, too.

With everyone important leaving Mueller's team... I think this is gonna wrap up quietly. Oh well.
most likely it's going to end with "an unprecedented number of people in the campaign and the trump organization were deeply corrupted and influenced. however there is nothing directly showing collision by trump or his family".

if trump seems to be amazing at two things (genuinely.. it's impressive.. if not for being so evil..)
1) being able to manipulate weak willed/minded people with insane effectiveness
2) being able to avoid any sort of linking or accountability to anything and everything he gets those people to do

the man is a true super villain. or James bod villain at the least.