• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished with the season 6 finale "Help Me" on my first rewatch since it aired, and damn.

I'm only linking the more humorous clinic hours here, but from drama, clever writing, emotion, acting, character development, chemistry, directing and even some horror, the show really fired on all conceivable cylinders. Yeah it had a very "diagnosis of the week" formula, but the overarching plots and sheer entertainment value keeps you coming back, and easily elevates it to one of the GOATs. Hugh Laurie knocks it out of the damn park with some of best characters on television. It's all available for free on Prime btw if anyone's looking for it.

Last edited:

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Only the early seasins for me. Remember hating alot past season 4 especially

Armoured_Bear

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
It was great for a while but really went on too long and downhill, was pointless without Cuddy.
At least it ended up with Sarcoidosis being burned into my brain as they mentioned it in every single episode.

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
Loved it but the last few seasons weren't great. Probably time for a rewatch soon as I'm not sure I've seen it since it aired.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
He's such a tyrant and asshole, but god do love Hugh Laurie playing House. Even the later seasons kept me going by his sheer charismatic force. Also quite liked most of the regular cast, in particular Wilson, Foreman, Cuddy, Thirteen, Cameron and Chase. And that season 3 finale! Good TV. I think it ended pretty well too, all things considered. Those final seasons were no great shakes but it went out on a nice note.

Last edited:

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
I'm actually re-watching it now. Up to season 4. American version has one of my favorite opening theme songs for a tv show.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like saying this just because it blew my mind and is so obvious in retrospect. House is literally Sherlock Holmes as a doctor. It was a legit great show.

Massive Attack - Teardrop is the song btw.

www.youtube.com

Massive Attack - Teardrop (Official Video)

Directed by Walter SternDiscover more about this classic song and the Mezzanine album here: http://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/massive-attack-make-no-1-wi...

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, what timing! Just watched the first ep like an hour ago.

Some kinda problematic elements in it, but House is as entertaining as ever.

(The first ep features Robin Tunney as a guest star, one of the leads of the Mentalist! This blew my mind.)

TLH

Oct 29, 2017
I also liked the first seasons more than the later ones, but the Season 4 finale was one of my favorite moments in the series. A couple of years ago I played "Trauma Center: New Blood" on the Wii and when I saw its opening, I couldn't help but smile as it's really like a nod to the series.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I find it very hard to return to very long running, 45 minute, minimum 22 episode seasons nowadays. Enjoyable show but I need a hyper cut.

a House Kai series would be great.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Rewatched the whole series a few years ago. And now I find myself watching it again during my lunch breaks cause it's on (the Pop network), even though I'm only catching about 20 minutes in the middle of episodes.

While some of the storylines can be frustrating, it's still a great show.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I love House! Actually just finished a rewatch of it a couple weeks back. Definitely one of my favorites, and one of the few shows with a super solid ending, too.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
The formula ran pretty stale for me eventually, but it was always a fun show.

I do think I skipped a lot of the final season since I really got sick of the show by that point (especially the plots with House's assistant Doctors), but the main story with House and Wilson was pretty good.

The highlight of the show for me was the season where House started to become a slightly nicer person (like when he kidnapped his landlord to cure his phantom limb pain) since I loved that he was finally showing a tiny bit of growth as a character and it felt new.
But that only lasted like 1 season before they reversed that and went back to usual, but at least the way he ended that was pretty insane, haha.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I really love the show. Did a rewatch sometime last year and it still holds up. But god they really botched the last season. They should have never dropped the Cuddy storyline and House actually making any progress as a character due to the stuff that happens in the later seasons, it felt like such a cop out.

Also I think Amber Tamblyn's character would have made a good new cast mate if they did more regular seasons.

OP
OP
PeakPointMatrix
Oct 25, 2017
I really love the show. Did a rewatch sometime last year and it still holds up. But god they really botched the last season. They should have never dropped the Cuddy storyline and House actually making any progress as a character due to the stuff that happens in the later seasons, it felt like such a cop out.

Also I think Amber Tamblyn's character would have made a good new cast mate if they did more regular seasons.
If I'm recalling correctly, Cuddy's actress Lisa Edelstein left because of a pay dispute, so couldn't return for the final season. Or even a cameo in the final episode. It was definitely really jarring, but they did the best they could with the situation I think.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
If I'm recalling correctly, Cuddy's actress Lisa Edelstein left because of a pay dispute, so couldn't return for the final season. Or even a cameo in the final episode. It was definitely really jarring, but they did the best they could with the situation I think.

Yeah, that is a shame but it's also like they just dropped all character development that had been building the last 3 seasons. I think even without Lisa Edelstein they could have progressed the series but the final season just felt like they haphazardly scrapped something together and regressed house so that it'd please people who want goofy funny moments from the earlier seasons again.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
a718319d-3125-4765-91owkpn.gif

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
It was great for a while but really went on too long and downhill, was pointless without Cuddy.
At least it ended up with Sarcoidosis being burned into my brain as they mentioned it in every single episode.
Honestly, yeah. I love House, but the last few seasons weren't that good. I wouldn't say the lack of Cuddy was the only reason for it, they made a lot of character changes, and I didn't like a lot of them as much as I liked the original cast.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
I liked it in the beginning but IMO it should have had less seasons, it did the same thing too many times over and over again. I have however seen much better shows since it aired.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Due for a rewatch, it's been years; but yeah, one of my favourite shows. House and Wilson are great.

Haven't enjoyed any medical shows until New Amsterdam came out. Tried to get into Code Black, and I think there was a UK show with Lennie James, couldn't do that either. Actually dropped NA after a few eps, but then started it up again when it popped up on Netflix, and had it running at 1.5x lol.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I remember adoring this show when it was airing. A lot of my classmates in college did, too, so we'd get together at my parent's house and watch it in the basement while drinking and eating popcorn and stuff.

Good times.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
This is one of the few shows I can keep running in the background and never get tired of it after so many years.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I liked the first couple of seasons, but then lost interest.

However, Scrubs I can watch anytime. Loved that show more then any other medical series.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
It's my fave show of all time.

Im a major fan of every single season. I actually enjoy the later seasons. They give a feeling of an actual place of employment with the shifts of characters. The changes to the cast don't feel ham fisted to me. Don't watch it for a medical show. Watch it for the character of House.

Dozer

May 30, 2019
Orlando, FL
I loved it at the time but it's really fucked up how his painkiller addiction is treated - as a punchline, as the source of this genius, a personality trait, etc.

Makes it hard to watch now. There are definitely some classic episodes though.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
It became waaaay too formulaic to the point it was self aware with the lupus jokes. Not sure if they turned it around for the conclusion season, but my wife and I have up by then.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I watched for House himself more than any other reason any given season.
I also liked the first seasons more than the later ones, but the Season 4 finale was one of my favorite moments in the series. A couple of years ago I played "Trauma Center: New Blood" on the Wii and when I saw its opening, I couldn't help but smile as it's really like a nod to the series.

Interesting. New Blood and Trauma Team are the only two I still don't have, not counting the original DS version of the first Trauma Center (admittedly, I gave up on Second Opinion after Triti was introduced even after looking to YouTube walkthroughs, and that's why both it and Trauma Center 2 are still in my backlog).

Zalera

Mar 26, 2021
Absolutely love this show. Easily in my top 5. I rewatched the whole thing two years ago and it holds up really well, except for that god awful video game episode.