• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
It's a reference:
1*yBf6O12J7sqEHDklPuVCSg.jpeg
Ahh I c

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
No akshual apology here, just shifting some blame around
literally radicalized by DJT
Her friends' children were murdered by illegal aliens. gonna need the receipts.
Her gun-free school was taken hostage by a student with guns in 11th grade? - event did occur

Even when this lady is trying to be apologetic and tell everyone why she believes the things she says... its still all lies. She is so full of shit. There are videos of you harassing David Hogg in 2019! You can stand there and say that you believe in the fear he had that day. You can't stand there and say you haven't believed or read anything Qanon since 2018 when you were shit-posting these dumbass conserative memes on Facebook AFTER 2019!

Im so goddamn tired of Republicans always getting away with everything.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
And the national media will eat it up because they learned absolutely nothing over the past 6 years.

Take a good look at a future president ERA

Remember when we all prayed Trump would get the nomination?
"Hillary is going to destroy that chump".

Be afraid. Very afraid.

The majority of sane American voters have already learned their lesson with Trump. They won't let this shit happen again.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
People are lucky that she doesn't have an ounce of political knowledge or charisma. This one is controlling the media and could easily take this publicity and run the party.

I still hate her face

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
You already have people on this site saying if Biden cuts down the stimulus they're done voting for dems. Don't count on it.

those people always looking for something to shit on dems with.

biden could do 50 things right but not do something they want exactly as they want it, and they become "both sides are alike" morons.

majority of the electorate isn't that terrible, especially with a loon like greene.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
You already have people on this site saying if Biden cuts down the stimulus they're done voting for dems. Don't count on it.

Trumpism is too toxic at this point. You think most Americans would let it stand? We even have reports of some sane Republican voters who've changed their party affiliations from Republican to Independent or another 3rd party (if not Democrat as well) because of the way of how the GOP are doubling down on it's rhetoric.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018
Electoral College is a bitch.

(this woman is not winning no damn presidency though)
It's still so crazy to me that the US is STILL using the electoral college meanwhile the only Republican president to win the popular vote since '92 was Bush Jr going in to his second term, and really he only won that because 9/11 happened while he was in office.

May 26, 2018
Trumpism is too toxic at this point. You think most Americans would let it stand? We even have reports of some sane Republican voters who've changed their party affiliations from Republican to Independent or another 3rd party (if not Democrat as well) because of the way of how the GOP are doubling down on it.

74 million votes. We have to assume that the toxicity is the appeal.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do I have I sinking feeling this PoS is going to be our President sometime in the next 4-8 years?

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
Trumpism is too toxic at this point. You think most Americans would let it stand? We even have reports of some sane Republican voters who've changed their party affiliations from Republican to Independent or another 3rd party (if not Democrat as well) because of the way of how the GOP are doubling down on it.

I live in a very conservative area, so I may be biased when it comes to viewing humanity. But from what I see from them? It will be a long fight to see a consistent level of normal. I also may just be traumatized from the past four years.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Trumpism is too toxic at this point. You think most Americans would let it stand? We even have reports of some sane Republican voters who've changed their party affiliations from Republican to Independent or another 3rd party (if not Democrat as well) because of the way of how the GOP are doubling down on it's rhetoric.

I've been hearing about how GOP are too far gone and Americans won't stand for it since like 2001 and yet…

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Most white Americans, yes. There's enough of those voters that this is scary.

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
The possibility of another Trump like President is definitely real. Trump won a very, very large amount of votes. You shouldn't feel comfortable knowing that and should probably brace for a fascist takeover in the next ten years because Dems don't realize being "not Trump" isn't enough to beat mass online fascist radicalization.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The possibility of another Trump like President is definitely real. Trump won a very, very large amount of votes. You shouldn't feel comfortable knowing that and should probably brace for a fascist takeover in the next ten years because Dems don't realize being "not Trump" isn't enough to beat mass online fascist radicalization.

True, but there was a level of celebrity and "outsider coming in" that Trump had that I think is at least slightly overlooked in terms of his popularity.

Ventilaator

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The majority of sane American voters have already learned their lesson with Trump. They won't let this shit happen again.

Trump got more votes in 2020 than 2016.

The only lesson anyone learned here is that if you're an evil piece of shit, just do whatever it is you want to do. Nothing will happen to you, and half the country will cheer.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I always say this but there are too many factors in Trump 2016 that have to be repeated for another Trump like candidate to win again.

1. They would have to be another political outsider and long established celebrity
2. The Dem opponent would have to be a historically slandered and generally unpopular career politician.
3. Dem voters would have to collectively get their memories of the past four years of Trump wiped out of their minds just to get the same level of voter complacency that help Trump win 2016
4. Trump voters would have to fall in love with the new Trump the same way they did with the old Trump

I don't think it can happen unless the Biden admin are asleep at the wheel and let the GOP redistrict and enact voter suppression laws for their own gain.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
True, but there was a level of celebrity and "outsider coming in" that Trump had that I think is at least slightly overlooked in terms of his popularity.

I always say this but there are too many factors in Trump 2016 that have to be repeated for another Trump like candidate to win again.

1. They would have to be another political outsider and somewhat of a minor celebrity
2. The Dem opponent would have to be a historically slandered and generally unpopular career politician.
3. Dem voters would have to collectively get their memories of the past four years of Trump wiped out of their minds just to get the same level of voter complacency that help Trump win 2016
4. Trump voters would have to fall in love with the new Trump the same way they did with the old Trump

I don't think it can happen unless the Biden admin are asleep at the wheel and let the GOP redistrict and enact voter suppression laws to their own gain.

These. Trump was a "lightning in a bottle" candidate for the GOP like Obama was for the Democratic Party. That won't easily happen again.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth

1. They would have to be another political outsider and long established celebrity

I don't think it can happen unless the Biden admin are asleep at the wheel and let the GOP redistrict and enact voter suppression laws for their own gain.
You're making some big assumptions. Like why does the next fascist demagogue president have to be a long established celebrity?

Don't assume that the exact same circumstances have to transpire for another right-wing fascist to win the White House.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of what type of Republican presidential candidates we see in the future, one thing seems certain to me: the GOP is unlikely to ever win the popular vote again, even though they're guaranteed to win future presidential elections. And that's wild.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere

1. Voter suppression
2. Reps are trying to pass bills in Michigan, Arizona, Georgia. In AZ they want to be able to overturn the vote and allow the senate to give the electoral vote
2.1 They can refuse to certify any election going forward
3. Evil finds a way

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
You're making some big assumptions. Like why does the next fascist demagogue president have to be a long established celebrity?

Don't assume that the exact same circumstances have to transpire for another right-wing fascist to win the White House.

Right now, GOP politicians such as Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert, Tom Cotton, Nikki Hayley, Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, etc. are willing to sacrifice their reputations to capture the Trump voting base in any way they can. The problem for the GOP however, is that Trump loyalists are loyal to Trump & only to Trump, & neither most of the politicians that I listed above can carry the same charisma skills like Trump can. They don't care about anyone else.

The only other person who can truly carry what Trump can & capture Trump's base, is Elon Musk. But he's ineligible to run for President, & thank goodness for that!

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of what type of Republican presidential candidates we see in the future, one thing seems certain to me: the GOP is unlikely to ever win the popular vote again, even though they're guaranteed to win future presidential elections. And that's wild.

Republican presidents have been barely winning their elections for as long as I have been alive. I don't know why people are assuming an especially fashy one will manage to pull another upset in our lifetimes.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right now, GOP politicians such as Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert, Tom Cotton, Nikki Hayley, Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, etc. are willing to sacrifice their reputations to capture the Trump voting base in any way they can. The problem for the GOP however, is that Trump loyalists are loyal to Trump & only to Trump, & neither most of the politicians that I listed above can carry the same charisma skills like Trump can. They don't care about anyone else.

The only other person who can truly carry what Trump can & capture Trump's base, is Elon Musk. But he's ineligible to run for President, & thank goodness for that!

Unfortunately Ivanka Trump will also do it. However I agree that you will not find anybody else as incompetent who can capture the base.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Imma stop you right there. Never underestimate stupidity, and in particular, the stupidity of US voters. Look how popular a lying bullying pussy-grabbing con man was and still is.

Also, voter suppression is a thing. The system is rigged against rational voters.

Trump rolled out the red carpet and drew a clear roadmap for any semi-competent fascist who cares to leverage populism and the corrupt GOP to end democracy in America.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How can people still be this naive after 2016?

Donald Trump was not rejected in November, he merely lost an election.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
If trump was destroyed in the election, I would believe that turned the page. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. He lost the popular vote by millions, but only lost the electoral by thousands if I am not mistaken. This was after he fucked up a pandemic response, committed however many crimes, and wore racism on his arm like a tattoo.

Dems better enjoy these two years and hope that Twitter doesn't give him his account back.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
those people always looking for something to shit on dems with.

It's not shitting on Dems to hold them accountable for their rhetoric. It's not shitting on Dems to say $1,400 isn't $2,000. It's not shitting on Dems to say all Americans doesn't mean Americans making under 50k.

I'm fucking sick of this defense. And I'm tired of voting for it because it's the only choice we have when Republicans are literally insane. I'd rather demand a better Democratic party than sit here jacking them off because they're not evil.

Especially when it will continue to cost them. The $1,400 to $2,000 thing is such an easy win. They lose nothing for granting it, even if they "meant" $1,400. However, by not doing it, they once again are showing you who they are. It's great that Biden has done so much to undo Trump, but handing Republicans easy wins like this will do little else than ensure that their next President will undo Biden.

Hell, AOC is so popular because she seems to get it. Run on what people want (most polling has an edge towards progressive policies), then give them that, or at least, fight for it. Continuing to own goal, and running on not being those other guys, will solve nothing, fix nothing, and open the door to way worse than Trump.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
It's not shitting on Dems to hold them accountable for their rhetoric. It's not shitting on Dems to say $1,400 isn't $2,000. It's not shitting on Dems to say all Americans doesn't mean Americans making under 50k.

I'm fucking sick of this defense. And I'm tired of voting for it because it's the only choice we have when Republicans are literally insane. I'd rather demand a better Democratic party than sit here jacking them off because they're not evil.

Especially when it will continue to cost them. The $1,400 to $2,000 thing is such an easy win. They lose nothing for granting it, even if they "meant" $1,400. However, by not doing it, they once again are showing you who they are. It's great that Biden has done so much to undo Trump, but handing Republicans easy wins like this will do little else than ensure that their next President will undo Biden.

Hell, AOC is so popular because she seems to get it. Run on what people want (most polling has an edge towards progressive policies), then give them that, or at least, fight for it. Continuing to own goal, and running on not being those other guys, will solve nothing, fix nothing, and open the door to way worse than Trump.

it's absolutely fair to criticize and debate the 1400/2000, but I think that poster is referring to the people who are still 'both sides' ing it and seem conspicuously oblivious to everything else that's happened in the last three weeks. 'Fix nothing' is definitely not what's been happening so far.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Making a big deal of Marjorie Taylor Greene is the wrong focus and I'm confident is playing very poorly across the country. Democrats need to be laser-focused on legislation that'll help people in a material way right now. Even if they are making progress moving their agenda through right now and this isn't slowing them down in any way, the public perception will be that Democrats are focused on culture war stuff at the expense of helping them. The country put Democrats in power nationally, but put them in there on probation. Like okay, she's a nut, but every Democrat in Congress needs to be focused on talking about moving the big-agenda items forward, and not about her.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
1. Voter suppression
2. Reps are trying to pass bills in Michigan, Arizona, Georgia. In AZ they want to be able to overturn the vote and allow the senate to give the electoral vote
2.1 They can refuse to certify any election going forward
3. Evil finds a way

Yep. They want to win no matter how shitty their candidates behavior in office is. They've fully stopped caring about trying to win elections anymore through the campaign process. They're going further into rigging the system where they can win no matter what. No one should ever assume that just having the better candidate is enough to win elections anymore. It needs to be fully expressed that every election going forward is equally important. Every time we don't show up is an opportunity for them to start their bullshit.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Unfortunately Ivanka Trump will also do it. However I agree that you will not find anybody else as incompetent who can capture the base.

Ivanka might be even dumber than her father and by most accounts she was reviled by members of the GOP when she was running around pretending to know something about anything. Personally, I think her political aspirations are dead but even if she manages to muster the temerity to run for some elected office, my hope is that the numerous investigations into Trump bring him down along with his whole shitty family.

We'll see.

Oct 25, 2017
I think MTG has given any gop challenger (Democrat or washington outsider) easy fuel to paint gop as conspiracy loving heartless people, all her videos and quotes and generalizing...

That said I doubt most Americans care about her or even people online, it isn't like shes at millions of followers or recognizable beyond fodder for late night/youtube comedians.

Also dont know why other republicans house members care, not like their constituents can have a say in her congressional district. (And do they really want to work on the same committee as her? She doesnt exactly seem like a person one would want to work with.)

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Making a big deal of Marjorie Taylor Greene is the wrong focus and I'm confident is playing very poorly across the country. Democrats need to be laser-focused on legislation that'll help people in a material way right now. Even if they are making progress moving their agenda through right now and this isn't slowing them down in any way, the public perception will be that Democrats are focused on culture war stuff at the expense of helping them. The country put Democrats in power nationally, but put them in there on probation. Like okay, she's a nut, but every Democrat in Congress needs to be focused on talking about moving the big-agenda items forward, and not about her.

Uh, Biden is pushing for all sorts of quality of life improvements, including a massive stimulus package and Covid-19 relief. He's not even spearheading this effort against Greene.

And you're dead wrong about Greene being the wrong focus. Not only is she demonstrably dangerous and unhinged, she was placed on the committee for labor and education. As a teacher, I consider it unacceptable that somebody who actively denies school shootings and considers them a false flag operation while also subscribing to bat-shit crazy theories like QAnon and Jewish Space Lasers would be allowed anywhere near educational policy. What you don't seem to understand is that if the Democrats just ignore this shit they effectively normalize it and let's be clear, we've just spent the last four years watching lunacy and fascism become the new norm for the GOP.

We are talking about a woman who extolled the virtues of literally putting a bullet in Pelosi.

They did the right thing here.